Written in the Stars

perilous skies || open, eagle hunt

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Aug 5, 2021 2:15:14 GMT

the weather and the skies above were clear and bright. no clouds spread across the horizon for as many sky-lengths that the female could see. warm sun beat down on her back, filling her body with the energizing rush to get up and get moving and do something beneficial--it was greenleaf, after all. the mountain tops were finally cleared from the powdery snow that chilled your paws, and with that, tigertuft was going to take full advantage of the weather's grace. and when it came to the wellbeing of her clan, there was never such a thing as catching 'too much' food. not in this generous moon. getting out of camp and sinking her teeth into a few unsuspecting animals was appealing.. and surely her clanmates could agree with that. however, the hunt was a different one today, and unlike many the usual. today, tigertuft planned to help take down an eagle. a piece of prey so large was a fight to come by and take down, but it was always a delightful meal; some of the young apprentices might not have ever tasted it's flesh before. as noted, the skies were clear and open. a large group of cats could easily watch the skies and see a target coming from hundreds of fox-lengths, freeing them from the worry of a potential ambush from a bird hidden in the clouds above. preparing to fight before the battle begins. 

and with that, here tigertuft moved along, periodically shifting her gaze and attention from the path before her, towards the skies, back to the path before her. little good would hunting be if you were to tumble over the side of a cliff by keeping your chin up in the sky.  not.. that she was talking (or thinking) by experience or anything.... haha. "i could have sworn i saw a nest around here the other day." the girl draws out, scanning the familiar surroundings. not long ago, tigertuft had been out this direction and come across a large nest tucked away between the cliffside. due to having at least of shred of common sense to not walk into the home of a cat killer and its family on her own, the tabby had skirted around and left it alone. however, not after making a mental note of where to find it again. while dangerous, the opportunity to bring back both the bird and some eggs to camp would be something to be talking about. all the while lowering the danger of the next season by reducing the population while it was still controllable. kill two birds with one- ah.... tooth and claw.  as tigertuft kept going on, she spotted a familiar a rock formation; a landmark she had noted, to which was... there! "it's definitely this way, keep your eyes open." she spoke, lowering her voice and gesturing with her tail the way they needed to go. 

"if you see the nest or a bird, speak. but don't. move. not until we have an attack plan," she hesitates, forcing herself to hold a commanding tone to voice. she wasn't used to ordering cats around--especially those older than her--but it was something that she knew she had to learn to do and get used to. "if anybody goes in there blindly without go ahead, i might just let it eat you." it was mean, but this was a serious and dangerous situation. one battle-happy apprentice could put not just themself, but  all of them at risk. survival of the fittest; weed out the stupid. of course she wouldn't really let them take on the beast one on one, but she wanted to get the point across that they needed to wait. dawnclan had the advantage in hunt today, and she wanted to take full advantage of that and not waste the chance through cats not listening or thinking three seconds ahead to the future.

//anyone can join ,, figured this might be fun,, plus tigertuft needs to learn how to make orders and plans involving more than just her ah
tracker || plotting || discord @diff#4733
silverbane, dawnclan leader

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 5, 2021 16:42:40 GMT

(ooc: time to have some fun with my impulsive boy hehe)

driftstorm - - -

in the warrior's den, the tabby tom laid in his nest. the sun was peaking over the horizon and he had been up for a while longer, but hadn't moved. his rest left him feeling refreshed from yesterday's patrol. he flexed out his paws and let out a yawn before rising to a stretch and slipping out of the den. he said his good mornings and, while sharing fresh-kill with an apprentice, he overheard tigertuft speaking about an eagle hunt. he took his last bite then quickly paced over to the deputy. "i heard something about an eagle hunt. if that's okay, i'd like to go." he wanted to prove to his deputy that he was more than a troublesome-apprentice-turned-warrior. he was the leader's son, after all.

and so, he tagged along. tigertuft led the group through a windy cliff-side path. he took a moment as he was walking to familiarize himself with the area. he and his former mentor, ospreysnow, had come down this very path once on their way to a training area moons ago. what was it... hunting lessons? sneak training? he couldn't quite put his claw on it, but nevertheless, he remembered the path. "i could have sworn i saw a nest around here the other day." the deputy chimed in. the tom nodded his chin as to agree, but to be honest, he hadn't been paying attention to the trees. on this path, he was focused on one thing: being very careful. they were maybe a rabbit length or so from the cliff and one wrong pawstep could send you hurling down it. "everybody, w-watch your step, alright?" he gulped, glancing over his shoulder. not only would he be disappointing his clan if he died on a hunt, he would be upsetting his mother, spiderstar, who has already been experienced enough death. he could not let her or his clan down and hoped to bring home the eagle tigertuft and the group were hunting for. he shook his head and focused his attention on following his deputy's lead.

"it's definitely this way, keep your eyes open." driftstorm's ears perked up and his gaze darted around.  "if you see the nest or a bird, speak. but don't. move. not until we have an attack plan," he started to get a little bit excited. imagine- driftstorm! the cat who found the nest and helped take down the vicious eagle. he was determined to impress his mom. "if anybody goes in there blindly without go ahead, i might just let it eat you." his excitement died down a bit at tigertuft's harsh, but fair, warning. he could not get ahead of himself like he normally does. deciding to follow the deputy's warning, he patiently looked around for any signs of a winged predator. he thought he had seen it for a moment and nearly opened his jaw to speak, but it was only a fallen branch. maybe he should just wait for someone else to call it out.

she/they
pinklapine#6969 on Discord
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

dawnclan: driftstorm
oakclan: wildfrog
nightclan: antpaw, honeybriar
outsiders: shade, minou

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Celestine ❦ Avatar

Celestine ❦

Post by Celestine ❦ on Aug 6, 2021 3:27:54 GMT

Ospreysnow of Dawnclan
The world is ours if you want it
We can take it, if you just take my hand

When Ospreysnow had spotted Tigertuft and Driftstorm preparing for an eagle hunt, she had been quick to tag along. While she trusted the younger pair to keep their wits about them and handle the hunt with reason - especially now that one of them was deputy - she still wanted to be sure they had more experienced company. She was not about to claim to be a great eagle hunter, but she had helped take more than one down in her time.

Besides, it took more than two cats to hunt an eagle.

While it was not Ospreysnow's favorite prey to catch, she was content with it being a great source of prey and being in the midst of Greenleaf, there was even the chance of some hatchlings to be found as well. Tigertuft's mention of a nest spotted only proved that, and Ospreysnow gave a purr of approval. If Starclan's luck was on their side, this would be a worthy hunt.

Admiring the way their young deputy was already taking so well to her role, Ospreysnow kept to the rear, attention flitting between her path and the rest of the world around her. With her side pressed against the cliff face, she felt surprisingly secure despite the narrow ledge they traversed. Driftstorm, however, was warier. It seemed something he had maintained since he had first started training with her and, truthfully, Ospreysnow was glad of it. This was one place it was best to be cautious.

"Remember, just keep your side pressed to the cliff and you'll be fine," she assured, tone warm with a hint of her motherly nature. Ears flicking forward to catch Tigertuft's words, she gave an approving nod she knew would remain unseen. The threat might seem a little harsh, but for the more impulsive, sometimes such a warning was necessary.

As they journeyed onto more solid ground, the path widening as they climbed higher toward the peaks, Ospreysnow relaxed her cautious steps. With more stability beneath her paws, she allowed her gaze to stray, studying the cliff-faces and the skies above to locate any signs.

Ospreysnow ~ She/Her ~ Dawnclan Warrior

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Aug 6, 2021 19:20:27 GMT

tigertuft could sense that driftstorm was nervous. though she could not blame him for that. though, not so much on a personal level.. from the ripe age of a young kitten, she had been in love with the idea of climbing and exploring potentially dangerous areas. given her father near a heart attack many times, but that had never stopped her from getting up on top of the dens, on top of the seer stone.. anywhere that she could pull herself up to explore somewhere new. so the lands like this with peaks to traverse, narrow footholds, trees, and rocks was most certainly the comfort zone of the young female. unlike the other, she felt comfortable and relaxed as she took careful steps along the cliffside pass. recklessness was still possible, and tigertuft knew to always make sure she didn't place her paw somewhere that could send her tumbling over the cliffside. though she did not allow herself to allow fear and nervousness overwhelm her movements. as driftstorm spoke his stuttered words, she opened up her mouth to respond to them, but osperysnow had already beat her to the chase and done so first, her voice gentle and warming. tigertuft nodded softly in agreement. the elder warrior was solid and levelheaded, and perhaps the most valuable asset on the patrol. driftstorm was a young warrior, and while she trusted him, he was known to be a bit impulsive at times. this was a serious situation today, and so she hoped that he would not jump the gun and put any of them at risk... or anybody else who occupied the patrol, at that. "the path is almost over," she speaks lightly, realizing that in single file, she was in the way and the lot of them behind her may not be aware of much more than what was right underpaw. 

while she was excited to be taking part in an event like this, tigertuft herself could not hep but feel a bit of worry and anxiousness tugging at her paws. though it was not the same type that came from traversing the dangerous paths of eagle peaks. instead, it was the lingering feeling of the possibility for this hunt to somehow turn sour. the warrior had led her own fair share of patrols in her current lifetime, but this was the first one in which she knew that they were marching headfirst into a dangerous, potentially deadly situation. coming up here on her own and in her own free time was one thing; she was responsible for and only for herself. she knew that she could trust her footing and her ability to flee or defend herself should something happen.. and if the fateful event came that she had slipped into the gaping maw of the open cliffside or been snagged by the tooth and claw of a predator, her fate lay solely upon herself. but now, she led friends and her clanmates alongside her, leading them right into danger's talons. tigertuft could trust her abilities. she trusted her clanmates with her life. however, she was not too certain on trusting their lives in her paws. it was the moment that the path underfoot began to widen into a stretch of more freely traversable ground that tigertuft slowed down, sending a soft prayer to her warrior ancestors to keep them all safe before shaking out her pelt that had been flattened on one side due to pressing against the cliffside. 

"when i was up here, i avoided the nest as well i could since i was alone, so i wasn't able to scout too much ahead. i'm not sure if there's one or two big ones." their group, if lucky,  shouldn't have too much issue being able to take down one single bird. however, if there were two parents present, their advantage would diminish, as did the potential for all of them to come home in one piece and fully intact... if they made it at all.  "there is no way in starclan we would be able to take two on. hopefully they too have the same idea as us to hunt far away from home today, but if push comes to shove, we might need to catch or find some bait in order to draw one of them away from the nest." tigertuft mentions, turning her head and body around to look at them. her gave rests lightly on the young warrior, to which she hums "driftstorm?" it is a light joke, of course, and she lets loose a light chuckle. using any of them as bait would be too dangerous. she did not want to have to take that route unless it was a last resort. 

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 11, 2021 3:18:51 GMT

driftstorm - - -

now that there was more walking room, driftstorm started to feel more like himself again. he let out a sigh, relieved that he wasn't going to go tumbling down the cliffside. not just yet. he took a moment to stretch out his body before surveying the area. obviously, it would be somewhere in the trees, right? that's where bird nests usually are, and eagles are just really big, predatory birds... with sharp claws and beaks... and long wings... maybe this was a mistake-

"well, i sure hope there aren't two eagles." he replied, a dry laugh erupting from his throat. that would definitely be biting off more than they could chew. they may beat them in number, but definitely not in size. "there is no way in starclan we would be able to take two on. hopefully they too have the same idea as us to hunt far away from home today, but if push comes to shove, we might need to catch or find some bait in order to draw one of them away from the nest."

"great idea! we could-"

"driftstorm?"

she had to be kidding, right? tigertuft couldn't possibly be suggesting using him as bait. of course, she began to laugh, calming his nerves. "well... if push comes to shove..." he shuffled his paws a bit. "i mean, like, if it was our only hope of reaching the nest, i would do it for my clan. i can run pretty fast, after all." he hoped he wasn't sounding like a total idiot, but he was sincere.

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Kit

I have nothing to say.

leonyami Avatar

leonyami

Post by leonyami on Aug 11, 2021 20:24:34 GMT

Lynxfuzz was excited when he heard there were going to go out for an eagle hunt. The words of his mentor popped up in his mind for the betterment of the clan, be willing to do anything. Taking down one of the main predators would be the betterment of the clan. He knows far too many cats have been taken up in the clutches and never return. Of course, with Tigertuft leading this hunt, he had high hopes. His once mentor made him be the cat he was today. Giving a quick goodbye to his mother and father, he already realized he had been left behind. “Great going.”

If you knew anything about him, he was never really a fast cat. Figuring he would catch up to them when they slowed down, he continued with a steady pace. He followed their trail, noticing Driftstorm and Ospreysnow were also on the hunt. He continued to follow, being mindful of the path noticing the cliff sides and other dangerous obstacles. Luckily, he was used to it with most of the training sessions with Tigertuft had paths like this. The only real big trouble that the tom had was to keep himself quiet.

Finally, he noticed the familiar coats of two brown tabbies and one silver. “Need an extra paw?” While trying to keep his voice down. He just missed Driftstorm’s comment about running fast.

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Aug 17, 2021 23:29:43 GMT

driftstorm's reply to her comment was actually rather admirable, though foolish all the same. all the same, she'd take that and remember it. not particularly as an excuse to shove him headfirst into a troublesome or dangerous situation, but to note that he would, in fact, offer his life to the clan if push came to shove. granted, doing so was always far easier said than done; nobody wanted to give their life, and some cats who preached doing so have even shied away from it in the past. some caried through their words. tigertuft couldn't help but feel a heavy nagging in her heart as her thoughts slid back to dawnclan's deputy prior to her. tumbleheart's untimely disappearance to the maws of the wolves. no, she did not want something like that to happen to driftstorm. or any of her clanmates all the matter. "if that was our only hope of reaching the nest, we wouldn't even be attempting it." the she-cat notes, pulling her tail close to her body. "maybe it's just me, but i would rather return empty paws than with one less pair of them." she kept her mouth open to speak further, but was cut off and distracted as lynxfuzz approached the relatively small group. 

perhaps it wasn't the best thing to admit that she hadn't noticed the younger cat approaching, considering how alert to her surroundings she had thought she had been today, but that did not make her any the less grateful to be greeted by him. "need an extra paw?" "i'd be a fool to turn them down." tigertuft meows with a smile, turning on her feet to better face him. "i'm glad to see you join us, lynxfuzz." she hums. he was young as well, but the femme was confident in the warrior's abilities; she had trained him, after all. if he wasn't able to efficiently assist in the hunt, that it would be safe to say that she had failed in her own job as a mentor. she had great faith in him--she had great faith in this entire group, and the more that the deputy began to truly realize that, her worries began to feel a bit more distant.

they had this. 

"come on," the girl speaks, smiling loosely and setting off once more, alert and eyes out for the nest. all the landmarks were growing more and more familiar with each fox-length. paws followed along an invisible trail that her memory led, and at long last- "there!" she hisses, freezing and immediately crouches down, flashing her tail to signal for them to follow as the girl begins slinking around to a scraggly bush that struggled to grow out of the rocky soil. it was meager, but provided a bit of shelter to conceal them all for now. it was better than standing out in the open. the nest itself could be seen tucked into the barren branches of a tree of which was also struggling to grow properly out of the ground up here. it was quite close to the cliffside.. "too dangerous to fight that close.." she murmmers, the fur along her back prickling up as she forced back the vision of any one of them sliding over the edge distracted in combat.. or being being lifted into the air by the predator's talons and dropped down above the edge. but even more importantly. were there even any birds present?

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 24, 2021 2:09:44 GMT

he heard another voice from behind him, lynxfuzz. "ah, you made it!" he greeted his clan mate. "you didn't miss much, we were just-" he remembered mid-sentence the importance of shutting up in the midst of eagles, predators with very strong auditory senses.

as the group continued ahead, his heart began to pound in his chest with excitement. his first eagle fight, and hopefully the first of many, and he hoped to make his clan proud. he watched as tigertuft scanned the area very carefully. it was apparent she knew exactly where she was going. he trusted his deputy that he would follow her on this mission even if she had no clue where to look.

there! she hissed and motioned for everyone to stick close to her in a nearby bush. the big nest sat upon a hearty tree branch. it was a lot bigger than he expected, having only seen an eagle from high up in the sky. "hrmh..." he pondered quietly. "definitely isn't safe to split up either. we have to take this on as a team. no backing down." he squinted, trying to get a better look. "the nest is empty, it looks like. we could..." a shriek ruptured his sentence and wing flapping filled the air. the mother eagle had returned to its nest, and thankfully not noticed the group of cats in the shrub below. he grimaced and turned to his deputy, his face saying, 'what now?'

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Kit

I have nothing to say.

leonyami Avatar

leonyami

Post by leonyami on Aug 28, 2021 20:49:11 GMT

Before the tom opened his mouth, Lynxfuzz reminded himself to be quiet. “You know the only way add miss something like this is if Starclan stopped me.” He gave a small nod to the other cats in greeting.

From there, the fuzzy tom followed the lead of Tigertuft. He mostly kept his eyes towards the ground to make sure he didn't trip or disturb some rocks. He kept to the back of the group since he wasn’t the fastest out there.

Hearing the word there he froze, looking for direction of what to do next. He followed the deputy with a bit more haste in his step. Taking cover under the bush as much as he could, wasn't an easy task, and hopefully, his fluffiness help to conceal him. He couldn't help but feel a slight nervousness thinking about how a predator was so close. He did his best to conceal it, knowing that wouldn't help any cat right now.

Hearing that the nest was empty, a slight smirk spread across his face. That was short-lived when hearing the shriek of an eagle. Likewise, as Driftstorm, he turned to his deputy to question what to do next. He was careful not to move a muscle in case it disturbed the bush.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

wolfpool Avatar

wolfpool

Post by wolfpool on Aug 30, 2021 14:23:29 GMT

Ivysparkss was silent throughout the whole walk to the eagle's nest. He had a rather restless night, and when he woke up to the DawnClan deputy's voice he was less than thrilled to say the least. 
He tried to muffle the sounds of the waking clan with his paws, but he soon gave up and opened his eyes to glare at the cats who made most of the noises. When the plan of hunting down an eagle reached his ears he sit up in his nest with a yawn.

With 62 moons behind him, he participated in multiple eagle hunts before. Some of his scars hidden under his silky pelt are the proof of that. Since he saw a few apprentices joining the hunt, he figured he could go with them too. It was always good to have someone more experienced at your side, especially with dangerous missions like this.
He got up from his nest with an irritated gruff and after some much needed stretch, he followed the she-cat. Like always he didn't felt like joining any conversation, and just quietly walked behind the others. He pressed close to the cliff, his thick fur protecting him from the touch of the cold and sharp stones.

He could see his nephew, Driftstorm's nervousness, and he had to fight down the urge to roll his eyes. He wasn't that close Driftstorm, or anyone who was younger than him for that matter. He mostly kept it to himself, and usually only talked to his sister, Spiderstar and sometimes to his brother, Stoatclaw. Although his relationship with the later became rather distant after Stoatclaw took in Wolfpaw.

He listened closely to Tigertuft's orders. He held some grudges towards the she-cat, after Spiderstar choose her to be the next deputy instead of him, but he managed to put those aside for now. 
"There!" She hissed and crouched down, signaled with her tail for the others to do the same. The tom pressed his belly close to the ground, slowly and quietly sneaking closer to the deputy, ready follow her orders. His ears twitching at the sound of the eagle's screeching. This wasn't the first time he looked at an eagle from this close, and a small sense of fear creeped into his heart, but he shook his head and ignored it. He turned to Tigertuft and waited for the she-cat to finally speak. 

Last Edit: Aug 30, 2021 14:24:01 GMT by wolfpool

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Sept 2, 2021 18:08:40 GMT

as her eyes first landed upon the nest, she could see that it was empty. it was safe to say that she felt a mixture of both relief and disappointment. an easy raid, but the bird itself was half the fun and half of the point of coming up here all in itself. and those thoughts were short lived as, with a mighty screech the beast swiftly returned back to its home. and once more, it was a rush of relief and disappointment; now there was the possibility someone really get injured. be careful what you wish for, huh? long as everybody paid attention and didn't move blindly, she had faith that they would all make it home triumphant and mostly unscathed. she keeps her focus on the bird, feeling the cat's gazes bear into the back of her head. they were all waiting for her to speak. the girl had come up with a couple possible ways to go about this on the hike up the mountain, though they all varied with the amount of claws that came with her and the look of the mountain; as she had stated, she hadn't gone too far out of the way to scout out the area when the nest was discovered since she had been on her own. so for now, the tabby sat in silence, judging the layout of the ground. 

fighting in the nest was certainly off bounds; too dangerous, leaving them vulnerable in the climb and dangerously close to the cliff side.  and the bird did not know they were here yet.. why waste their stealth advantage? tigertuft twitches her tail as she quickly thinks, before turning her attention back to the clanmates of whom had gathered with her. they had to get it off its nest somehow while still keeping cover, and her thoughts drifted back to driftstorm's prior words. "i mean, like, if it was our only hope of reaching the nest, i would do it for my clan. i can run pretty fast, after all." it wasn't something that she was too willing to do, but.. ah. "hey driftstorm," she speaks in a hushed voice, turning to face the warrior. it's clear that she's not too happy with the decision, but she does have faith in the cat. couldn't get this done without some risk involved. "you still up to going through with that offer earlier?" she judges the expression on his face before turning back to the space before them. 

"we've got to get that bird off of its nest; we don't stand a chance up there. so what i'm thinking is we get somebody out there--driftstorm, if you're really up for it--and get its attention. you get it off that nest and get yourself somewhere safe." she pauses for a moment, gesturing with her tail towards a couple clumps of meager bushes. 'bush' wasn't too much of a fair word, but they were large enough to hopefully provide just enough cover way from an angry beak or talons while the rest of them took their places. "i would aim for that one.. but if it's too dangerous, don't risk it; we can adapt." she now turns her attention to ivyspark and lynxfuzz, and gestures with her tail towards a couple more bushes located around the perimeter that she wanted to set. they were close enough to keep them from taking too long to reach driftstorm and the bird safely, but still gave enough distance to hopefully allow them to reach position without being seen.. long as they were careful about it and did not rush. she could feel herself growing more and more excited as her idea began to flesh out in her head. it wasn't too extravagant, but it was efficient. and with the cats present, she had faith that they could pull it off. "if we spread out, we should all be able to take it at a different angle. lynxfuzz," she turns to her prior apprentice, confident in his abilities. "when it's in position, you and i can focus on its wings. if you can damage it, go ahead, but don't get too ahead of yourself. our main goal is to hold it down as hard as you can; if you have to break it, break it. whatever it takes, that thing is not getting off the ground." if it did, they would be in trouble. it seemed simple, but it was dangerous; a flap to the face by small birds alone stung. there was no doubt that there was a chance they could be thrown back by an eagle. "you stay in this bush." not that she did not trust his ability to reposition himself, but he was still young. and she still felt responsible for his safety, even if he was no longer her apprentice. 

she now turns her attention to ivyspark. "on the go, i want you to attack. get up on its back and get some damage in." he was a big cat and he was extremely experienced; more so than any of them here. there was no doubt that she trusted that he was more than capable of beating the snot out of a pinned bird. that, and his weight would also help keep the eagle down on the ground. "its a dangerous position, but i know you can handle it. if we keep its wings down, you shouldn't have an issue. try to get it's attention away from driftstorm." she turns to driftstorm again. "once we got it pinned down, you can come out again and help ivyspark subdue it. just.. be careful. i don't want either of you losing an eye." she shivered at the thought of it's beak gouging one of them. sharper than any set of claws. the only issue was positioning to where ivyspark was actually behind the bird. if driftstorm got into the preferred undergrowth, than they should be good.. but if it was too dangerous, there was a chance that driftstorm was the one in the middle of the bird and ivyspark; not the bird in the middle of the cats. or that the bird just land in the wrong spot to begin with not that it was too big of an inconvience, but would eat up a couple seconds in their repositioning that could be critical. she gestures with her tail to where she wants ivyspark to position himself, opposite of the nest. 

"any questions?" tigertuft asks, readying herself. if anybody did ask any questions?? pretend she answers before the next section, for the sake of getting things moving. her heart was pounding. this was it, wasn't it?

"starclan, if you're listening.. let us all get through this." 
she then turns to driftstorm. "once we're all in place, it's on your cue."
with that, the girl sets off, carefully stepping towards her designated cover.

//AHH THAT. TOOK SO LONG. too much talking. sobs. 
also if anybody else wants to join i guess they can help w damage?? or help hold a wing if needed! however it gets written out

Last Edit: Sept 2, 2021 19:24:03 GMT by dofferz

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 3, 2021 22:54:28 GMT

DRIFTSTORM
he/him ✧ dawnclan warrior

the young tom listened intently as tigertuft gave her instructions. tigertuft had taken his previous valiant comment to heart, and now he was to be the one distracting the eagle in the nest. he wasn't against the idea, as long as everything went to plan. "got it." there was an itch in his pelt that he couldn't quite scratch. maybe it was fear, maybe it was ambition. whatever it was, this was a dangerous situation and he had to be careful. his clan mates depended on him. "once the eagle has left the nest, you guys know what to do."

once everyone was in position, driftstorm took a moment to gaze at the cats around him, as if it was the last time. tigertuft, his deputy. he had fond memories with her of many patrols and hunting trips. his mother trusted her enough to name her second-in-command, and so did he. ospreysnow, his former mentor. second to his mother, she was the cat he went to for advice. he often favored a she-cats advice more, as guidance from other toms usually fed his hasty personality. then there was lynxfuzz, a tom only two moons younger than him. if driftstorm had a younger brother, he imagined he would be just like lynxfuzz. finally, he looked at ivyspark, his uncle. he was rather harsh and unfriendly, but nevertheless, driftstorm would protect his uncle with his life. his mother had lost enough loved ones. he hoped this wouldn't be the final time he saw these cats, and with that thought...

he lowered into a crouch and leapt, crashing through the bush. he was sure the eagle had his attention now. he sprinted across the clearing as fast as he could. "come and get me, feather-brain!"

notes;; lets get this egg
tags;; n/a

✧✧✧
template by smith

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Kit

I have nothing to say.

leonyami Avatar

leonyami

Post by leonyami on Sept 6, 2021 19:25:58 GMT

Finally, Lynxfuzz released a breath he didn't realize he was holding when Tigertuft began to plan. He stayed focused on her every word, knowing the consequences if something was missed. His muscles are still tense as ever, listening to how Dirftstorm will be the bait. He wasn't the biggest fan of the idea, but he wouldn't dare speak a word.

Hearing his part, he focused even more and made sure to make mental notes along the way. He gladly would take something that would make use of his big size. Digging his claws into the dirt, he gave a slight nod. If he had anything to do about it, the eagle would never touch the clouds again or harm his clanmates. Continuing to listen, he was glad he wasn't in Ivyspark’s place. While being on the back of the eagle, anything could happen, but with him and Tigertuft, they would prevent the bad things they would have to do.

Giving a slight nod of approval as to not wanting to draw attention to himself, he waited for the plan to go into motion. Slightly moving to get in a better position so he wouldn’t have to move so much when it was their time to spring into action. While he waited for the eagle to be in position, he gave an inaudible small prayer to Starclan.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

wolfpool Avatar

wolfpool

Post by wolfpool on Sept 11, 2021 21:02:03 GMT

Ivyspakr waited patiently to hear what kind of plan did the DawnClan deputy would come up with. When she finally spoke, he perked up his ears, listening carefully, both to hear what Tigerturf had to say, and to make sure those screaches weren't coming closer to the bush they were hiding in. 

When he heard what Driftstorm would need to do, he couldn't help but feel slightly worried. He wanted to tell him, that he would better be in one piece when the whole ordeal is over, but he kept his mouth shut. He knew Driftstorm was strong enough to protect himself, and he was sure he wouldn't let his nephew to become the next meal for the crows. Out all of his clanmates present, Driftstorm was the one the older tom would bring back to camp alive with all of his effort.  He remembered the days his sister lost her previous kits. He won't let that despair and sorrow poison her kind heart again.

"On the go, i want you to attack. Get up on its back and get some damage in." Said Tigertuft when she finished giving orders for the other warriors. "Its a dangerous position, but i know you can handle it. If we keep its wings down, you shouldn't have an issue. Try to get it's attention away from driftstorm." Ivyspark nodded.He wasn't afraid of the sharp talons, or the even sharper beak, he had been mauled, and seen other get mauled by those enough times to develop a rather neutral reaction to it. What filled his heart with dread was the great distance between where they were standing and the bottom of the peaks. But he knew that, as long as Tigertuft and Lynxfuzz held the eagle's wings down he doesn't need to be afraid of falling off from the peak. Still he wouldn't mind getting as far away from the edge as possible. 

With careful pawsteps, he positioned himself, taking his needed position. When he heard Driftstorm calling out for the bird's attention, his muscles tensed. He was ready to pounce at the creature and dip his claws into it's flesh. 

// Sorry it took so long QwQ

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Sept 16, 2021 15:51:13 GMT

it wasn't too long until tigertuft saw herself into position, carefully stepping out of sight of the monster bird. and it seemed that nobody else had any issues getting into place. all they had to do now was wait for driftstorm to play his part. no matter how many times she told herself that he would be fine, it was still unnerving to think about.

"come and get me, feather-brain!"
her heart was in her throat as driftstream moved, sprinting across the terrain. the bird, freshly aware of its presence, spread its wings and took after him with a screech. driftstorm was fast, but the eagle was too. her muscles tensed, begging to pounce, but she forced herself to stay steady and wait just a little bit longer. until it was closer to the ground. "come on, come on.." the thought raced in her head. until finally, the bird began to swoop. at last, she pushed herself forwards, propelling herself towards the beast with a cry to the others to attack. whether or not driftstorm was to safety, tigertuft would push herself into the air, attempting to grab a hold of its wing and help to snag the beast out of the low sky before it could travel back up, and hopefully before its outstretched talons could meet its prey.

//small note literally any of yall can control the bird like. if you want it to do smth or behave a certain way?? be my guest . also kinda short post so yall can like. have room to do so vif yall want ..,,.,,

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar