the brilliantly-chilling madame benny | tarot readings

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 9, 2021 3:50:16 GMT

THE BRILLIANTLY-CHILLING BONE ORACLE BEIGNET

❖︎❖︎❖︎

Rumor has it that deep within the French Quarter, under a house sporting a crescent moon, lives a mysterious kittypet with the power to tell your future; a silky, long-haired mink point with heather eyes and a dark air about her pretty features named Madame Beignet, or the Bone Oracle. She sports a violet and black collar with a triple moon charm and a bow.

Many have claimed that she can read the 'bone signs' of the twolegs healers to spy into a cat's own life. She takes visitors from all over to gaze into, for a cut of fresh kill in exchange. She answers very few questions, but is oddly keen in her readings when the inquiry rings true. Some have named kits after the titles of lucky animals given to them by Madame Beignet and others have turned their lives around in fear of their futures. Do you dare question the stars, to forsake them in the gloam of prophecy?

❖︎❖︎❖︎

Just a fun little thing I thought members might enjoy. For now, Benny is just an NPC to act as a conduit for my tarot readings. I've been wanting to practice more and have a variety of accoutrements to add to readings that I thought would fit the world of the roleplay well. Just a bit of NOLA flair to add to the fun. Take what you wish from the tellings of this cosplaying kitten, or take nothing at all.

offerings:: 
❖︎ The oracle has limited roleplaying capabilities, but can answer with a few vague replies before a reading. For roleplaying purposes, she only charges fresh kill as a change of pace from kibble
❖︎ She provides either single card readings or tri-card (three cards) spreads that she refers to as "bone signs," along with a lucky herb, animal, and stone
❖︎ Questions of all kinds can be asked, though most commonly asked have been regarding life, death, love, prophecy, kittings, and glory

scheduled visitations:: 
❖︎ open
❖︎ open
❖︎ open

required information::

[b]name of character asking:[/b]
[b]type of spread[/b] (single card or tri-card spread; preferred decks used)
[b]the question seeking an answer:[/b]

Despite roleplay-dialogue flavor, all readings are handled with the same integrity as one would do professionally. While these may simply be characters, I will be doing my absolute best to provide honest readings and well as photos of the drawn cards, so I hope that quells any concerns one might have about participating. If you are ever interested in learning tips or wanting to know how I handle my readings and cleansing, please feel free to DM on discord! This a passion of mine, though one I had little time to work with before now, but I would be more than happy to talk about it with you ^^

additional information::
I use both the Antique Anatomy and Rider-Waite tarot cards along with a triad of matching herb, animal, and stone oracle cards to help enhance readings. I also have an alternate herbiary oracle deck (Hedgewitch Botanical Oracle) that is more detailed, but strictly applies to herbs. A select combination of these decks may be used.

notes:: 
Be aware that there will be a bit of a delay between readings. These take time and energy, and the decks themselves need to charge between readings. However, delays shouldn't span longer than a few days. Thank you for your patience.

Beware- the one concern is that these readings are canon (regardless of the actual reading’s validity) and can have in-roleplay ramifications if participants are caught by their peers going to and fro to the French Quarter. Tread carefully...

flavor text::

sticks (rods/wands), stones (pentacles/coins), waters (elixirs/cups), and bones (blades/swords),  kit (page), warrior (knight), 'bone signs' (tarot cards)
Last Edit: Sept 23, 2021 18:12:48 GMT by mew
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Administrator

I have nothing to say.

KingHarry Avatar

KingHarry

Post by KingHarry on Sept 10, 2021 14:13:00 GMT

Fun idea! I don't know anything about this kind of thing, so I hope I'm doing this correctly!

name of character asking: Paletongue
type of spread: I don't know the difference between them - perhaps pick your favourite?
the question seeking an answer: "Will my father ever take pride in me?" :'(
DawnClan: Mothmaw
OakClan: Blackheart, Moorwhisker
NightClan: Paletongue, Cricketpaw

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 10, 2021 22:31:39 GMT

BENNY'S BONE READINGS
• paletongue of nightclan •

The air is heavy in the crawl space beneath the twolegs’ nest as you sit across from the mink she-cat, a mess of signs of uniform shape and color splayed out between you both. She’s quiet for a moment as she mulls over your question before sweeping a paw deftly over the signs. Three are plucked and fall softly over the rest, striking images upon their surfaces.

”Your current circumstances,” she starts softly, flicking her tail across the first sign. ”Ah, the Warrior of Sticks. A reflection of miscommunication; perhaps you are blocked somehow, in a way where you fail to reach him. The Warrior of Sticks can become frustrated and egotistical in his attracting acknowledgement.” A glint reflects off her grey eyes. ”One must know where to start when solving a problem.”

Her attention draws to the second sign, with one brow quirking up curiously. ”Your efforts-” she gingerly paws the middle image, - the Four of Stones. Ones this sign calls to are tied too strongly to their attachments. Too concerned with their worth, the worth of those they surround themselves with. They can become controlling, but that can work in one’s favor.” Her hooded gaze connects to yours before continuing, ”For earnest efforts reflect their value. Work to rid yourself of the things that pull you down, that clog up the flow of your growth. Only then will you see the ripples of your life moving forward.”

As she moves to the last card, a nearby crow cries out and a frown forms on her pointed face. ”The outcome-” she begins with a subtle tightness in her throat- ”reflects the Ten of Bones. It is a sign of sadness and of loss. Ultimately, it represents the end. Not only have you lost the battle, you have lost the war.” There is a coolness to her clarifying tone. ”Bonds may break in dramatic ways, but just as all things do, they end. Then they transition into new beginnings. The Ten of Bones requires you to succumb to your fate and act as a reminder that nobody ever comes out on top in every situation. But acceptance can release you from your stress and frustrations. It’s a sign that helps to move one on into the next pawsteps of their life’s journey.”

She sighs and turns to one side, fiddling with a separate messy stack of signs in a different hue. The unstable stack shivers and drops a card, though the queen’s expression remains level, as if she had expected it. Looking it over, she returns her attention forward. ”You may want to seek out some Wormwood. It’s properties tie to caution; to look before you leap and to tread lightly. When dealing with matters of the heart and honor, take the measured approach and not the emotional one.” She gives a little curt nod as her charmed-collar jingles softly, and stands to leave. ”You are welcome to return again after you’ve made your decisions. For a bite of blood, of course,” she chirps before padding off into the darkness further beneath her home.

notes:: I primarily went off the values that each card reflected and tried to tie it to Paletongue; just a reminder to take what you will of the advice Benny offers and do with it as you see fit. 
tags:: 

I hope this perspective wasn't too jarring to read; it just felt most natural since I was writing it in the same active mindset that I used for my reading. Feels more in the moment, you know? Not that it's important, but more like flavor-text, I plan to have her allude to the suits as what cats might seem them as: sticks (rods/wands),  stones (pentacles/coins), waters (elixirs/cups), and bones (blades/swords). Hope that isn't too confusing ^^'
Last Edit: Sept 10, 2021 22:33:15 GMT by mew

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 11, 2021 3:13:02 GMT

omfg this sounds really fun

name of character asking: honeybriar
type of spread: tri-card, rider deck!
the question seeking an answer: "is there hope for new love in my future?"

she/they
pinklapine#6969 on Discord
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

dawnclan: driftstorm
oakclan: wildfrog
nightclan: antpaw, honeybriar
outsiders: shade, minou

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 14, 2021 23:20:32 GMT

BENNY'S BONE READINGS
• honeybriar of nightclan •

There is a flash of light outside, briefly illuminating the crawl space beneath the twolegs’ nest as you sit across from the mink she-cat, a mess of signs of uniform shape and color splayed out between you both. She giggles softly to herself for a moment as she mulls over your question before sweeping her silky tail leisurely over the signs. Three are swept over and fall softly over the rest, striking images upon their surfaces.

”Your past,” she starts pointedly, flicking her tail across the first sign. ”The Lovers, I see. Started off strongly, I take it? Often one finds their first love to be breath-taking and a whirlwind, though not always in their best interests.” She breathes a long sigh, seemingly lost briefly in thought, though she quickly recovers as she finishes her exhalation. ”However, this bone sign also represents being guided by one’s heart rather than their mind; you are often led to your truest goals when forced to make a mature decision. Perhaps this was why your first love failed, but if so, then they truly weren’t meant to be yours.”

As she moves to the second sign, the mink queen furrows her brow and glowers at you a bit with her stormy gaze. ”Your present-” she gingerly paws the middle image, ”- leaves much to be desired. A reversal of the Queen of Stones, how glib. I see why you sought me out. The Queen of Stones is stubborn and lost. She reflects trivial sufferings, of hearth and of wealth. Her home crumbles in neglect while her frivolous concerns take over, as erratic behavior is used in self-comfort.” Her steely grey pools are cold as her words curl out in the slightest challenge, ”You said you are a mother, aren’t you?”

As she moves to the last card, her expression softens significantly as she drapes a forepaw over the smooth surface. ”Your future-” she begins with a hum- ”reflects the Five of Bones. It is a sign of battle and loss. It arrives in times of family disputes and tension in love. However, this isn’t a bad sign; such a disruptive sign manifests as a message that not all is lost. You may not win the battle, but you walk away with your self-respect.” She wears a satisfied look upon her face, though her tone still resonates sternly. ”It is a reminder that there is danger in continuing to fight a lost battle. Learn to move on and live to fight the next one with a grown heart.”

”Now,” she sighs and turns to face a medley of similar stacks in a trio of cool hues before continuing, ”for you and your future, I’d suggest seeking guidance from one of these totems.” A smaller new trio of the bone signs sweep out from her dark paws. ”The plantain, like a yellow moon; it helps to push past your comfort level and urges you to renew your sense of adventure. Disappear into the woods once in a while and re-explore your world from a different perspective.” She gives a little yawn and moves to the next with a warm purr, ”Or if you’re more daring, the black bear in her motherly ways. Tap into her wisdom and instincts by connecting with your inner mother. Try bathing in the moonlight if you need some help.” Glancing to the last, she smirks softly. ”A little trickier to find, though not unseen occasionally here in the French Quarter dens, you may find solace in opal stone. It’s properties lie with water and guiding one’s future. Time is fluid like the river, and branches in many paths. Since the future is not a fixed destination, embrace your power to name your path; that is how the future emerges from the swirling water of time.” She gives a sly sway of her head as moves to get up, her charmed-collar jingling softly. ”You are welcome to return if your heart still seems clouded. Of course, only provided you pay the toll,” she chirps before padding off into the darkness further beneath her home.

notes:: stones (pentacles/coins), bones (swords/blades)
Last Edit: Sept 15, 2021 22:02:50 GMT by mew

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Apprentice

Hippity Hoppity coming for your property

Kazuko Avatar

Kazuko

Post by Kazuko on Sept 15, 2021 20:59:52 GMT

Mouse in jaw, Pinkflame paused, looking around for a moment before slipping past the first few houses, keeping an eye out for the tell-tale bones that she knew were around. Before today, Pinkflame had never considered seeking out the Bone Oracle of legend - the one that cats said lived in one of the nests bordering the graveyard. It was an encounter with a graveyard-dwelling cat himself who told her that the Oracle was indeed real. Given the turmoil in her family right now... it might be worth a look, as farfetched as it seemed.

Passing another nest, Pinkflame paused. That was a small bone. Maybe this was the place? Slinking closer, the unusual scents of herbs filled her nose, despite the mouse there. Daisypetals would be interested in such herbs, wouldn't he? But - no, they were out of the camp anyway. Taking another ginger step forwards, Pinkflame slowly slunk down a small dip, air feeling significantly heavier as she drew near a small hole under the nest. This had to be it. Carefully, the she-cat placed down the mouse, stepped back... and waited.

name of character asking: Pinkflame
type of spread Antique, tri-card
the question seeking an answer: Will Snakedancer and I ever make up, and will our family ever be whole again?
note: Pinkflame will not mention her kits names to Beignet, so add them for creepiness if you like :D

Ebonyrose (she/her) - OakClan Leader
Leafheart (he/him) - NightClan Warrior
Spiderspirit (she/her) - DawnClan Warrior
Oliver (he/they) - Kittypet

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 23, 2021 15:52:33 GMT

BENNY'S BONE READINGS
• pinkflame of oakclan •

The air is heavy and warm, the scents of mouse and cat mingling within the crawl space beneath the twolegs’ nest. You sit across from the mink she-cat, a mess of signs of uniform shape and color splayed out between you both as she finishes the lap morsels of her charge. Her tongue swipes quickly over her jaw, humming softly as her gaze trails slowly over the signs. When, with a quick flick of her preened paw, three signs are swept over and fall softly over the rest, striking images upon their surfaces.

”Your situation,” she starts with a small yawn, drawing her paw across the first sign. ”The Four of Stones. Hmm! Another one of you wild cats also pulled this sign not too long ago.” She puffs a breath through her nose, gaze fixed hard to the card. ”However, in regards to your situation, it reads much differently. It reflects a need for stability. To establish a firm foundation, especially for nurturing a family. If you have been suffering hardship, it acts as a sign that the tough times are over, and little victories begin to appear.”

As she moves to the second sign, the mink queen remains relaxed in her demeanor. There is an odd sense of calm in the air, as if all the stuffiness had been sucked out of the place. ”The action to be taken-” she gestures with her tail to the middle image, ”- The Six of Bones. This sign appears for one who is moving on from a situation or relationship, and promises peace and tranquility. It may manifest mentally rather than physically for some. In love, however...” She lets her gaze flit gently to the floor, hooded and unreadable. ”It prompts lovers to spend time apart, or even the end to a relationship. Moving on can often mean moving past those unwilling to move along with you.” Snapping her gaze back up to lock with yours, she coos softly, ”After all, you have your little Tawny, Adder, and Rose to think about, don’t you?”

With the echoes of a laugh ghosting her breath, she moves to the last card with one paw. This time though, her gesture isn’t gentle as she slaps her pads against the sleek image. ”The outcome-” she erupts into a lilting tune- ”oh, how fun! I always love this sign!” Her heather eyes flash dangerously. ”The Seven of Waters. Oh the choices, and the confusion! It is a sign of amazing opportunities, but be warned, for they are not always as they appear. While devilishly delightful, often these opportunities are insubstantial. And yet, in love, it can represent new paths opening up again; that dreams can be true...” Her humming ceases as she speaks more directly, her tone even. ”Things will feel ambiguous between what is feasible and what is fantasy. Be attentive, and trust your instincts here. Don’t rush when deciding what path to follow.”

Satisfied with her grim omen, she sighs and turns to face a medley of similar stacks in a trio of cool hues before continuing, ”Now for you, I’d suggest seeking guidance from one of these totems.” A smaller new trio of the bone signs sweep out from her dark paws. ”The sweet violet, for starters; she parades about in a showy performance, but her true abundance is more privately reflected when she provides seeds for the earth with little fanfare. She knows that life’s most important work isn’t always within the public eye. See if she can help you to find security and solace in your own presence.” She gives a little yawn and moves to the next with a warm purr, ”Or if you’re more daring, the blue-tailed skink. He lives fast and loose, instead leaning into his flashy visage. If quiet seclusion isn’t for you, perhaps be brash and live in the moment. Enjoy the time you have as it is instead of what it could be.” Glancing to the last, she arches a brow and smirks softly. ”How fitting. As for stones, the Emerald is your sign. She is a strong one; patient, but unyielding. She pressures you to explore your choices, a catalyst for making the big decisions. However, she is unbiased and allows for choices both good and poor to be made.” She gives you a sly look as she moves to get up, her charmed-collar jingling softly. ”You are welcome to return, if your pawsteps still feel uncertain,” she hums. ”Provided you bring me another one of those tasty mice.” With a swish of her tail and tip of her head, she pads off into the darkness further beneath her home.

notes:: stones (pentacles/coins), bones (swords/blades), waters (cups/elixirs)

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar