Written in the Stars

"brunch?"

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Aug 9, 2021 18:17:14 GMT

|| bellwing | 28 moons | dawnclan ||

Droplets clung to the needles of the pine trees, falling on occasion to the damp grass below as grey clouds slowly rolled away. The air smelled fresh and sharp as the Greenleaf sun kept the snow away. Though, that meant instead of snow, the near-daily drizzle would occur. Short and sweet, however, the rain made a nice enough break for the leggy blue warrior to rest before returning home from her morning hunting trip. As the sun came back into view, Bellwing set off past the trees and towards home with her catch.

Her hunt had been impromptu after she had completed helping with the dawn patrol, instead of returning to camp to rest. The weather had been mild and the songs of birds had inspired the blue she-cat that hunting would be good today. Bellwing had been lucky enough to fall upon a weasel’s den and snagged three young adults, carrying them back to the camp cavern by their tails.

She carefully dropped the weasels by the fresh kill pile, examining it. The pile was fairly high- being so late in the morning, Bellwing figured it was likely many other hunting parties had already returned. Cornflower eyes scanned the pine-laden clearing as only a few cats could be seen around. Elders snoozed, bellies full, and the air was quiet as apprentices were probably off training. However, someone had caught her eye and Bellwing was sure she probably hadn’t eaten yet that day.

Having grabbed a hare closer to the bottom of the pile, Bellwing approached Tigertuft with a light wave of her feathery tail. She stopped near the dark tabby and carefully set the piece of prey down. ”Care to share breakfast?, she asked in a light tone, hoping she hadn’t interrupted anything.

||  ||
Last Edit: Aug 17, 2021 16:45:53 GMT by mew
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Aug 11, 2021 5:12:20 GMT

if all things were honest, this morning had been quite the stressful one for the young female. she hadn’t been too willing to fall asleep the night before, so instead of readying herself to head to her den as per usual, tigertuft decided to tag along with the dusk patrol. sleep had taken over her body the moment she returned to her nest snd laid her head down, but the real struggle was in forcing herself to open her eyes once more and wake as the sun made it’s climb up through the sky. she had slept in a little longer than expected, to which the girl was woken (groggily yet gratefully) by one of dawnclan’s other warriors. forcing herself up out of bed and onto her feet. a few patrols had already set out on their own in her brief absence, though tigertuft had sent out a couple more cats to help feed some cat’s bellies.

and with the rain, as refreshing at it could be at times, came the elders complaints of a leaky roof. by glance of it, it really wasn’t that much.. only a few drops from time to time, but even the slightest discomfort always seemed to be enough for at least one of the elder’s to throw an ornery fit. for the moment, the sky was bright and clear once more, but den supplies sat in her mental to-do list today, along with a few other small tasks. usually the she-cat had no issues getting up and rolling.. but today..? well, it wasn’t her greatest.

”don’t worry,” tigertuft speaks lightly towards one of the clan’s elders. ”next rainfall you won’t even know what’s going on out here.” a lighthearted ‘promise,’ to which she turns away and departs, her smile morphing into a yawn. the girl can see bellwing approaching, but hardly processes that the other warrior is approaching her specifically until bellwing speaks. tigertuft even gives a quick glance around her just to confirm that she was her intended audience. it had been a bit of time since she has shared a meal, and while unexpected, it was not at all unwelcome. ”yeah, i’d love to,” she replies with a light smile. eating something had certainly been a relentless and prominent thought in her head, but she hadn’t yet come up with an excuse to do so; bellwing’s offer was almost like witnessing dawnstar descending from starclan himself.

tracker || plotting || discord @diff#4733
silverbane, dawnclan leader

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Aug 19, 2021 7:01:52 GMT

BELLWING
she/her • dawnclan warrior

The blue queen offered a quick blink of sympathy at the young brown she-cat as the deputy seemed dazed on her feet for a moment. Perhaps I got here at just the right time. In a smooth stride, Bellwing sidled beside Tigertuft, softly bracing her flank against the darker warrior’s and urging her to sit down alongside her clanmate. ”Excellent! Then let’s dig in, shall we? After you.”

The fluffy tabby drew a paw briskly over one ear as she extended the invitation of the first bite to the deputy. From her frazzled state, Bellwing figured Tigertuft had been running all over camp, handling all the business DawnClan asked of her. The thought pulled a little smile at the corner of Bellwing’s silvery lips though, and she tipped her head casually. In a mild voice, she purred, ”Busy morning, I take it? I’m sure it’s appreciated.” She took a moment to comb out a small tangle along her foreleg before looking back to her meal partner. ”I wonder if this drizzle will keep up for long. It’s been so dry, I know I’ve heard Frostbite complaining about it. If it keeps up, maybe it’ll help the herbs.”

A flicker of concern flashed in the warrior’s blue eyes as she glanced off to nowhere in particular for a moment, returning to take a bite of the kill. She wondered how Tigertuft managed to juggle it all and hoped the she-cat could take a moment’s respite to recover before diving head-first into the next project on her paws.

notes:: n/a
tags:: 

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Aug 21, 2021 1:50:57 GMT

tigertuft flashed an appreciative grin, taking her seat as encouraged by bellwing. the female had been pushing away the drive to eat until she had a chance to finish sorting things out, but now that the hare sat there tantalizing in front of her, she had little hesitation in reaching forwards to sink her teeth into it's fur. "relax." she thought to herself, refusing to allow herself to wolf down her half of the meal in order to quickly return to her tasks. "don't rush.. enjoy it."  "starclan," tigertuft says, pausing as she swallowed the bite in her mouth. "you have no idea. been all over the place this morning. i think you saved me from losing my head." she was grateful for the distraction. tumbleheart hadn't ever seemed to struggle in his duties; she hadn't the slightest how the previous deputy had been able to do it so naturally. but there was no use in comparing herself to him. she'd get there eventually.. hopefully. 

"a little bit of rain certainly beats the heat if you can take a little mud from time to time." she says, allowing her muscles to relax some and dedicate her focus to fixate on the small talk. personally she didn't mind much rain. with how thick furred dawnclanners were, it almost felt a miracle to survive the long, hot green-leaf moons sometimes. "personally, i can't wait until it's a little bit cooler outside. granted, that's not any easier on frostbite's herbs either, is it?" the tabby stiffles a small chuckle. it was either dried out herbs and hot cats or frozen ones and empty bellies. she takes another bite of the rabbit. 

sorry it's a little wonky; short on time but wanted to get smth out real quick aha

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Aug 26, 2021 7:23:12 GMT

BELLWING

Bellwing hummed in agreement as she took her turn to eat a few bites, chewing methodically as she listened to her clanmate. After taking a moment to swallow, the blue warrior replied, ”Well, I’m glad I could be of assistance.” There was a warmth Bellwing felt any time she managed to help someone out that drove her to continue providing for her clan however she best could. It was something she could appreciate in DawnClan’s young deputy, unsurprised that she had been Spiderstar’s choice. After all, Bellwing and Tigertuft had trained alongside each other and the blue queen knew the dusty tabby would make DawnClan proud.

”That’s true,” Bellwing nodded along, feeling her dark pelt already growing hotter now that the sun had begun to dry out the rain. The humidity didn’t help, but at least they didn’t have it as bad as she knew the southern territories could get. Many a tale had been shared with her at gatherings of insect swarms near the waters in NightClan and the usual influx of twoleg activity near OakClan. Greenleaf could be more brutal than Leafbare at times, and if Bellwing thought too long about it, she would surely find herself aimlessly exploring along the borders.

She mirrored Tigertuft’s muted chuckle with one of her own at the thought. In a soft voice, she added with a twinkle in her blue eyes, ”No, I suppose not. Though I imagine it’s much that way all season-cycle, what with all the things that can go wrong.” There was a brief flash of a sheepish look before she continued lightly, ”Though, it does make one wonder if Frostbite will take an apprentice.” She thought back to her own new apprentice, noting how nervous a young cat could be, and instantly felt a pang of sympathy. ”Although, I pity the poor cat who goes through her training.” Kind as the blue warrior was, Bellwing recognized and accepted the medicine cat for her prickly demeanor, but knew any young cat would likely have a hard time with such a shrewd mentor.

notes:: hope this was okay ^^'

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Sept 4, 2021 2:24:06 GMT

taking her turns with bellwing over the prey, tigertuft could slowly feel her stress subsiding; it was a miracle what a meal (and good company alongside it) could do for a cat. she chews her current bite. it was amusing, truthfully, that small talk tended to always mention the weather in one way or another. not that she minded it at all! leaf-fall was creeping closer around the corner, and the girl was thankful for it's cool breeze and break from the heat. and, luckily for dawnclan, trees shedding their leaves wasn't too big of an issue around the camp.. or anywhere, for that matter. perhaps when the time comes, she might plan a trip alongside oakclan's border and gather up some crinkly leaves for any potential kits (or young apprentices, if willing) to play with. the thought of kits leaves another thought in her head that she puts aside for now for later conversation. for now, her thought wavers around frostbite. tigertuft had only been tigerkit when she had joined dawnclan, and growing up, she hadn't ever found herself drawn too close to the snowy medicine cat. though her cold demenour wasn't exactly bad one to have in a medicine cat! teach cats to be more careful--dont recklessly injure yourself unless you want your ears chewed by her. thank starclan that dawnclan wasn't at the throat of either of the other clans, squabbling frequently like oakclan and nightclan over patches of land. 

"i wonder if they would even know what they are getting themselves into?" she speaks, noting how unusually friendly frostbite can be towards children. unfortunate for the kit that doesn't realize her sharpness until too late. the tabby pauses for a moment to take another bite of the prey, chewing and swallowing it before opening her mouth again. "fear's a good motivator though; at the end of it, they'll be able to heal us all with their eyes closed." disregarding all blind medicine cats. dawnclan hasn't had one yet. tigertuft mulls on her previous thought from earlier a bit before she tosses it up in conversation. "though i wonder when that day will come? it's been a long time since the nursery had been empty--and i don't recon you've seen anybody.. you know?" cat equivalent of dating. she offers a light smile as she draws off towards they end.  perhaps she just hasn't been paying attention between the personal, potential relationships of others.. not even young love! by the looks of it, it might just be a few more moons before the nursery is occupied again. 

!

Last Edit: Sept 4, 2021 3:30:53 GMT by dofferz

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 5, 2021 16:24:34 GMT

BELLWING

Bellwing nodded enthusiastically as Tigertuft spoke, taking a moment to swallow before joining in, ”I agree. Can’t say I know a more clever cat than her. Any cat to be able to learn from her would certainly be a blessing in DawnClan.” The blue queen softened her expression before adding, ”Though I suppose I’m more a proponent of using inspiration as a motive. Guess that’s why I’m a warrior.” She gave a little chuckle and tucked in to take another nibble as Tigertuft continued.

Bellwing blinked in surprise, but warmth flooded her at the thought. It was true, it had been a while since their camp had the budding buzz of a new litter brought into it. A pawful of moons ago had seen her apprentice along with a few of his denmates leave the Nursery, but it felt like too long ago. Thinking of her gentle and timid Wolfpaw, the blue warrior hummed thoughtfully in response. ”I can’t say anyone has given me anything to go off of from sharing tongues.” She lightly furrowed her brow as she mulled over anything she may haven seen over the last few days. One cat came to mind as her blue eyes sparkled with recollection. Bobbing her head lightly, she looked over Tigertuft’s shoulder towards the Warriors’ den with a small cheshire grin. ”Although, I have spied Driftstorm taking more time to himself to wander off as I’ve been about my business. I wonder if he’s been stealing away with somecat, but trying to keep downwind of Spiderstar.” Of course, it made sense that a young cat would want to keep from the prying eyes of their mother, even more so when she was the leader of their clan. But of course, this was simple gossip and wishful thinking. In a little giggle, she cooed in a low voice, ”But could you imagine how fluffy the kits would be?”

notes:: give us them kittens, dawnclan

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Global Moderator

yeah

dofferz Avatar

dofferz

Post by dofferz on Sept 21, 2021 18:42:39 GMT

she nods. motivation and fear were two sides of the same coin when it came to training. she supposed it all depended on what worked best on each cat. tigertuft hadn't trained enough apprentices or spectated other mentor's methods enough to be able to determine which approach produced the better cats; perhaps that was a thought to act upon later. moving onto kits.. she has to agree. there was nothing out of the ordinary that she had seen, which was rather surprising. she had just passed it off as her not being as aware as before, though bellwing seemed to turn that mindset upside down. looked like dawnclan needed some lovin. the mention of driftstorm, however, takes her by surprise. "oh?" she asks, swallowing the mouthful she had, eyes glimmering in interest. she mirror's bellwing's glance to the warriors den, almost expecting driftstorm to appear from it then and now.. even though he doesn't.

"i never really understood young love," tigertuft mentions honestly. "but, i wonder who the lucky other could be!" she purrs. tigertuft wasn't particularly as stern as other cats could be when it came to outerclan relationships, though it wasn't exactly the first thought that would pop into her head when it came to driftstorm and his.. hypothetical friend. it would be a lie to say that she didn't have any interest in finding out who. not to the follow point though; she would respect his privacy, of course, if distance and subtlety is what he wanted. but the thouht of kits? "like soft pinecones!" she purrs, grinning widely. fur puffed around them.. starclan, kits were cute!! "i already call dibs on training one of them!" you know.. ask some favors of spiderstar.

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 27, 2021 18:03:06 GMT

BELLWING

Bellwing giggled in a lilting voice at the mental image Tigertuft blessed her with, reveling in the sweet flavor to the deputy’s words. Kits the size of pinecones, all downy and like little rolly pollies. The thought made her warm from ears to tail-tip; the idea of motherhood had occasionally washed up in the twisting river of her mind, though with no special cat of her own, it hadn’t been pondered upon much. Regardless, getting to gaggle over kits was enough to get the gears going as she hummed playfully, ”I don’t doubt it. If I weren’t already training Wolfpaw, I’d probably join you.”

Looking up to the blue sky as the drizzly clouds had long since passed, the blue tabby tipped her head to one side and quizzed lightly, ”Have you thought of having any, Tigertuft?” Looking back down over to her brunch companion, she expanded more. ”Kits, I mean.” With a warm smile, she relaxed into a laid position on her side and flicked her tail against the grass leisurely. ”If I had any of my own, I think I would somehow name them after the sky. I can’t help getting lost looking at it- it can change so vastly, and so expressively. I would hope that any kits would have such a nice start to their lives with a name like that.”

notes:: ahhh writing this thread has been so cathartic and relaxing!!

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar