Kit

I have nothing to say.

Celestine ❦ Avatar

Celestine ❦

Post by Celestine ❦ on Aug 3, 2021 8:27:35 GMT

Ospreysnow of Dawnclan
The world is ours if you want it
We can take it, if you just take my hand

If there was one silver lining to a dangerous home, it was that Ospreysnow was rarely alone. The pattering of pawsteps at her side was something of a necessity - though it was surely a welcome one. Ospreysnow, after all, was not the sort who wanted to be alone. She had nearly learned the price of that the hard way.

So when the silver molly could no longer hear those pattering paws in her shadow, she paused, glancing back toward the apprentice who ought to be tailing her. Of course, being beneath the cover of the barren oaks and with no sounds or scents of danger to be found Ospreysnow knew she ought not to be so worried - but she could not help it. Her apprentice was still young, and she had become quite attached to the young tom in their last two moons.

"Sunnypaw?" At the sight of his perfectly unmarred tabby pelt, Ospreysnow let the concern ebb from her tone, a lightness returning to her eyes. Offering an amused purr to the tom she assumed must have gotten distracted by something, Ospreysnow motioned with her plumed tail. "Come on now, I want to teach you how to fish while the streams are full."

Fishing was not the most common hunting practice in Dawnclan - and with it only being an option for half a season, how could it be? - but truthfully it was something the older molly enjoyed. Being among the first thing her inexperienced young paws could truly succeed at when she was Sunnypaw's age, it was something she would always hold dear. Those memories of Dawnstar teaching her...they still stung, but they were precious too.

Notes: Edited in template lol

Last Edit: Aug 4, 2021 6:31:46 GMT by Celestine ❦
Ospreysnow ~ She/Her ~ Dawnclan Warrior

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 3, 2021 23:47:52 GMT

Sunnypaw never walked directly beside Ospreysnow. He always trailed behind at least by half a fox length, gaze low and a cheerful smile on his face. He kept quiet as they made their way through the rotting forest, trying to ignore the pain in his paws where the blister he had popped that morning had been.

He stopped as she turned and addressed him, straightening himself quickly. He hesitated before making eye contact and internally scolded himself. He wasn’t a pampered kit anymore, he had to start acting like a warrior or she’d see right through him. “Yes, Ospreysnow.” He replied with a firm nod, trying to hide the hint of confusion in his eyes. Fishing, in Dawnclan? It was something new to master, but he couldn’t help but question it’s usefulness.

He struggled to keep the sudden panic off his face. Was this Ospreysnow trying to tell him he’d be a better Oakclan warrior? He made a mental note to train his strikes better, and volunteer for a few extra patrols. Maybe he had been slacking after all, he considered as he wracked his brain to account for the work he had recently put in.

“So- do you just sort of grab them like a mouse?” Stupid, stupid. It was nothing like catching mice. Mice were small, and more importantly lived on the land.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Celestine ❦ Avatar

Celestine ❦

Post by Celestine ❦ on Aug 4, 2021 2:48:46 GMT

Ospreysnow of Dawnclan

At Sunnypaw's stiff movements and the slight flash of panic upon his face, concern swarmed Ospreysnow, mingling with uncertainty. She frowned. Yet even so, as the young tom went on with his question, she set her doubts aside. Instead, she drew back her smile, trying to keep her eyes bright and encouraging.

"Not quite," she admitted, though she kept her tone soft. "Fish are a lot trickier - you've got to hook them out of the water, and they're quite slippery." Even as she spoke, Ospreysnow could not keep that niggling worry from growing.

After a few more heartbeats of silence, the warrior cracked. Glancing back again at her shadowing apprentice, her pale gaze was warm yet concerned as she watched him.

"Sunnypaw...are you alright?" Slowing her stride, she aimed to match the younger tom's pace, tail gesturing him to walk beside her. "You seem a little...unsettled. You know if you have any concerns you can talk to me, right? I promise I won't think any less of you."

Notes: Edited in template lol

Last Edit: Aug 4, 2021 6:31:26 GMT by Celestine ❦

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 4, 2021 18:42:53 GMT

Of course it wasn’t like a fish. Sunnypaw didn’t know what he had been thinking. Like a mouse. He needed to learn to keep his mouth shut, he thought as he once again internally berated himself.

Sunnypaw hesitated as Ospreysnow allowed him to catch up with her, forcing his expression to go back to it’s more cheerful one. He shook his head a few times. “No, I’m fine. Really.” The apprentice insisted, voice cheerful. Warriors didn’t have problems like this, they didn’t doubt themselves. He had to act grown up, he wasn’t a helpless kit anymore.

The apprentice hesitated, raising his gaze to meet Ospreysnow’s with his cheerful smile. He wished there was a manual for this, something to learn and understand like the warrior code. This was just chaos and guesswork, and the thought of making even the smallest mistake sent terror into his heart. Somewhere in his mind he knew he was being irrational, but the rest of his mind was louder.

“Ospreysnow, do the other warriors not like me?” He quietly hoped the answer would be one he could handle hearing.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Celestine ❦ Avatar

Celestine ❦

Post by Celestine ❦ on Aug 6, 2021 2:54:45 GMT

Ospreysnow of Dawnclan

Despite the bright eyes and cheerful tone, Ospreysnow was not convinced. She noticed that hesitation, and the worry she felt wormed only deeper. Unsettled herself now, Ospreysnow's frown remained. For a moment she felt the urge to stroke her tail along his spine, a gesture of comfort she had always defaulted to with her kits. But she stopped herself, uncertain how Sunnypaw might react.

Instead, she gave a soft nod, though the concern shone clearly in her eyes. "Alright," she offered softly, gaze returning to the path ahead as her ears swiveled for any signs of danger. "But remember a warrior relies just as much on their clanmates emotionally as they do physically - we're here for each other."

With the last-ditch effort to get her apprentice to open up, Ospreysnow fell silent again. There was only so much she could do. He would have to make his own choices.

As she looked aside at Sunnypaw again, Ospreysnow was met with yet another cheerful expression, so opposing to the question that surely only came from doubt and anxiety. Did he truly believe that? Quietly, she hoped that the question came from his own mind - while she dreaded the thought her young apprentice was telling himself such things, the last thing she wanted was for other apprentices to be putting such ideas in his head. Sunnypaw deserved so much more than that.

"Of course they like you," she assured, eyes reflecting a firm certainty in her words, mingled still with that ever present concern. "Some warriors aren't the best at showing it, but we are all family. We care about each other..."

Trailing off, Ospreysnow peered briefly down at her paws, considering. "Sunnypaw..." she began again, gaze drifting once more to her apprentice. "Are the other apprentices telling you such things?" They were nearing a stream now - she could hear it. But at that moment, Ospreysnow did not care. The fish could wait.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 8, 2021 4:28:10 GMT

“No.” He replied, shaking his head adamantly. “I just feel like I should be doing more. For the clan, I mean.” He heaitated, wondering why he specified that. Who else would it be for? “I think I should be workinf harder, but I don’t know how. What else can I do?”

He hoped quietly he could trust Ospreysnow, not that she had given him any reason to doubt her in the last two moons. And certainly she had been assigned to him for a reason, not that the young gray tom could remember. He had been too anxious when his name was called out, unable to keep his paws from trembling. He had stumbled in front of the entire clan, like the kit he had been.

He wasn’t a kit anymore, it was time to act like a warrior. “I always wake up every day to make sure there’s no crowfood in the prey pile, so the kits and elders don’t get anything bad. I try to check on the kits and elders as well when they wake up, and see if they need anything.” The gray tom began to list things off, cutting himself off as he began to ramble.

“I feel like I’m still acting like a kit, sometimes. I guess.”

Last Edit: Aug 8, 2021 4:29:16 GMT by ladyspectral

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar