Written in the Stars

or are you just going to run away from me again?

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 0:11:22 GMT

it wasn't often that crowdance was actually caught in camp instead of out and about providing for the clan, but right now it was lunchtime, and nothing comes between a warrior and his lunch. yawning, the warrior slithered through the roots that covered most of the camp, thanking that he was able to fit through them with ease, until he finally reached the one small patch of solid clearing within the camp. crowdance licked his lips as he walked towards the fresh kill pile, thinking about what he'd choose... a lizard maybe? those were usually plentiful, after all, they were in the middle of a swamp. stomach grumbling, he grabbed quite a large lizard from the pile and sat down to dig into his meal.

there was always a slight guilt whenever he stopped to eat when he could be out doing better things, but he got over it by reminding himself that he would be much less useful if he half-starved and scrawny... and much less attractive too.

chuckling to himself slightly, he took a small bite from his meal only to be interrupted by the sound of footsteps nearby. of course, crowdance didn't have to talk to every single one of his clanmates that passed, but his life would be pretty boring if he didn't. he glanced up to see a cat he had grown to know quite well over the moons: puddlewish. he always thought she was quite a strange young cat, especially seeing as she used to hide from him all the time when she was a kit and he was an apprentice but other than that, she was a fine warrior: loyal, courageous, talented... had the tendency to daydream every once in a while but no ones perfect.

"good day, puddlewish," he smirked, his eyes meeting hers as he pat the ground next to him with his tail, "care to join me? or are you going to run away from me like you always used to do?" he joked, winking, before returning to his part-eaten lizard without waiting for an answer.

notes;; n/a
tags;; 

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
nightclan; crowdance, ducktongue.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 2:49:13 GMT

it had been a long day,puddlewish had fallen in the swamp while trying to show off to an apprentice, getting distracted by a butterfly while walking and missing a step. all she wanted was a plump frog and a nice nap in the sun. but it seems fate wasn't on her side today when she caught sight or crowdance. she believed if she just, walked extra carefully she could avoid his detection and just have a normal day. but of course her had to spot her.

puddlewish liked to believe she was brave,if asked she would walk through the forest multiple times over, she would face an angry bear to protect them. but now, facing crowdance, puddlewish felt like nothing but a coward. something about the tom just made her, too nervous to think straight. she could feel him meet her eyes and hear his question but couldn't bring herself to move. she felt like a kit again, wanting to run away from the tom like she used to. but something told the to face her fears "oh hi crowdance" she squeaks "let me grab a frog and ill be right there" she rushes to the freshkill pile to find a frog before slowly heading back to the tom and sitting down next to him. she takes a large bite from her frog, hoping to avoid any awkward questions that may come up

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 12:20:18 GMT

a small purr erupted from crowdance's throat when puddlewish agreed to sit and eat with him, happy that he wasn't going to have to spend his time alone... things were always much more fun with company. he laughed as he watched the other warrior scramble to the fresh kill pile, licking a few spots of blood from his lips as he spoke, "something happen to your voice?" he asked rhetorically, referencing the squeakiness in puddlewish's voice as she spoke, "why so nervous, friend?" he chuckled, swishing his tail as he leaned down to finish his meal.

getting up slightly to stretch, crowdance let out a loud yawn and turned his head to glance at his company, "how are things with you, anyway?" he asked, still rather amused by the she-cat's nervousness. perhaps, some physical contact would make her feel more at home. grinning, he laid back down and flopped over onto his side, a few particles of dust flying up beneath him. he then shuffled over slightly towards puddlewish, letting his back touch her side as he stretched out his legs once again.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 14:41:30 GMT

puddlewish choked at the sound of crowdance purring and quickly swallows her bite of prey. "no there's nothing wrong I'm not nervous!"she lets out an awkward laugh and finishes her prey quickly leaning into crowdances touch and sighing lightly "i fell into the swamp" she laughs. she didn't know why she was talking to crowdance about this in the first place. it wasn't like the event was something he needed to know, but for some reason she couldn't stop herself. she didn't want him to hear from the apprentice she had been trying to show off to telling him.
after finishing her last bite of prey she slowly lays down next to the tom. slowly cleaning her face and stretching out and relaxing as best as she could. and fluffing her fur up slightly. "what have you been up to? fall in any swamps lately?" she looks up at crowdance, unable to stop herself from letting out a small purr of her own at the sight of him. her face brightening at the sight of him relaxed, laying next to her

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 15:33:09 GMT

crowdance burst into laughter when he heard puddlewish's response to his question. had she really somehow managed to fall into the swamp? as a full grown warrior too. he jumped up from his side to lay on his front, smirking as he raised a single brow, "you really fell into a swamp?" he asked, trying to stifle his laughter, "you're more mousebrained than i thought," he stated, still with a smile on his face.

scoffing at her questions, he began to play gently with the remains of the lizard he had been eating, "me? he began, "no, i can't say i have fell in any swamps... you see, i'm actually an intelligent, trained warrior who knows where to step," he continued, still rather amused at puddlewish's accident but managing to fully stop his laughter by now, "oh just the usual, you know," he paused to lick his paw, "hunting trips, patrols, checking borders and what not," he stated as if it were nothing, although it was clear from the bags beneath his eyes that taking on so many duties were starting to take their toll on him even though he was still young and capable, "i've also been training cricketpaw fairly often," he began, chuckling slightly at the thought of his apprentice, "he does well and listens like a charm but i sometimes wonder if he's all there... a little mousebrained like you."

notes;; n/a
tags;;
Last Edit: Aug 3, 2021 15:33:28 GMT by smith

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 16:01:40 GMT

puddlewish pauses, why in the world did she tell him that? what in starclans name was she thinking?? she knew she was a little mousebrained but this really took top spot for things she could have said that embarrassed her. she stands and pushes over the tom "hey now! the swamps everywhere its almost impossible to not fall into one of them!" she gently places her paw on his chest and gets close to the toms face "crowdance you look tired, have you been sleeping well?" puddlewish looks worried for the tom.she couldn't help it, she cared for him, and him doing so much all the time cant be good for him, especially with an apprentice to train on top of that

eventually she settles in next to crowdance, giving him a caring lick on the shoulder and leaning up against him "you know, i wouldn't tell anyone if you went to go take a nap, i can clean up after us and grab you some new bedding" puddlewish thinks back to the soft moss she stumbled upon earlier that day, already getting ready to go grab him some and the wonderful smelling flowers she came across in her adventures earlier that week. maybe is she was lucky, she would come across an especially plump frog she could bring back for him later for dinner. "everyone appreciates everything you do for the clan, but even you need a break every so often"

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 17:31:43 GMT

crowdance's eyes closed slightly when the other placed her paw on his chest, but he continued to look at her anyway, "yes, very much so," he continued, "i sleep well, just not often, but i'll be fine. there are much more important things than sleep." he stated, rolling his eyes at her worried expression, "wipe that look off your face, i don't need your sympathy," there was a stern manner in his voice as he spoke.

he leaned into puddlewish slightly and smiled as she licked his shoulder, "as lovely as that sounds, there's always another job that needs doing," he paused, "i'll sleep when i'm dead."

watching puddlewish get up, he did the same and slowly lifted himself from the ground, "i appreciate what you're doing, puddlewish, but really, i can sleep later," he stopped to stretch out his short limbs, "how about we go for a hunt and you can make my nest for me later?" he chuckled.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 18:16:55 GMT

puddlewish pulls back at his stern voice, concerned she may have upset him"crowdance, i wont push you if you don't want me to but i am concerned.we can go hunt but if you don't sleep tonight I'm going to take over your duties tomorrow and making you sleep" she avoids eye contact with the tom to keep from upsetting him more. everything the tom says makes her more and more worried about his sleeping habits and for his general well being. "lets go hunt, ill find you the plumpest frog!" she sets aside her need to care for crowdance and nudges him along to the entrance.

puddlewish wanted to push crowdance into the warriors den and force him to sleep but the fear she would upset him kept her from pushing him more. 'if he doesn't get any better ill push more' she thought to herself
Last Edit: Aug 3, 2021 18:18:30 GMT by finny

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 19:37:06 GMT

crowdance rolled his eyes, he didn't need to be spoken to like a child, especially by someone less senior than himself. he let out a small grumble and nodded, "i will sleep," he nodded, slightly irritated that puddlewish was no longer making eye contact with him, but ignoring it to avoid creating any more tension, "after the evening patrol," he finished. usually, he would go back again a few hours after the final patrol to make sure that the borders were fully secure and marked, and that no rogues were wondering around late at night... but for tonight, he guessed he would make do and just pray to starclan that the patrols had done a good enough job.

he shook his head to signal the end of the conversation, dropping the remains of his meal on the bone pile before heading towards the bridge that lead from nightclan's camp to territory. "i'm sure you will," he smirked, although their was a challenging shine in his eyes. crowdance was certain that he'd be able to catch a much larger frog than puddlewish. "just don't fall in the swamp again," he laughed, beginning to jog slightly as they approached the bridge.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 19:59:35 GMT

"i really shouldn't have told you that" she grumbles following behind him slowly, glad he agreed sleep, and at the change of conversation topic puddlewish speeds up, quickly catching up to crowdance and pushing against him in an attempt to push him over. "we'll see if you can even catch up to me, lets not forget which one of us is taller" puddlewish puffs her chest up in pride. she was glad she could think of something crowdance couldn't beat her in. she stopped to take in the sight of everything about her, crowdance, the forest, even just having ate with the tom.

puddlewish focuses on trying to hear any possible croaking frogs, before' tisking' when she cant hear any. maybe her poking fun at crowdance scared off any possible frogs. she hoped not, being near the tom made her want to show off, and to prove to him she was a good warrior, not some,,, mousebrained apprentice or kit anymore. she knew he was only joking when he brought up her falling in the swamp but she still felt like she had to prove she could still hunt

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 20:48:04 GMT

crowdance purred, "don't worry, i'd still find something else to make fun of you for even if you didn't," he let out a soft laugh although it was quickly interrupted when puddlewish attempted to push him. admittedly, the black tom was quite tired and definitely wasn't expecting to be pushed so he did stumble quite a bit but, thankfully, managed to catch himself before he actually fell. that would be very embarrasing. in return, he jumped up towards her and attempted to swipe at her face, claws sheathed of course, he wasn't about to start actually sparring right near camp.

backing up again, crowdance rolled his eyes at puddlewish's statement, "you may be taller than me," he mused, although he was a little ashamed of the fact, "but do you have muscles like this?" he smirked, pausing to flex and turning around slowly to show off his full frame, "didn't think so," he poked his tongue out at her before quickly jogging away in search of frogs.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 21:10:23 GMT

as crowdance jumps at her puddlewish pulls back surprised and gets lightly smacked, she laughs at his play fighting and turns, flicking her tail into the toms nose.
when crowdance turns she freezes, did he really just flex at her? even if it was for a joke all puddlewish could think of was him flexing in her general direction "hey wait a second!" she stutters out before quickly following after the tom. "did you really just flex at me? because im taller than you?" puddlewish chose to ignore his stumbling, she didn't want to upset him anymore than she might have already, instead she lightly presses against his side "your lucky, if i really wanted to id just sit on you" she laughs at her little joke before spotting a lizard sitting on rock further on in the bath she lowers herself and nods toward the reptile
Last Edit: Aug 3, 2021 21:29:29 GMT by finny

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 21:34:08 GMT

crowdance rolled his eyes once more, "no, i flexed at you to prove a point," he poked his tongue out again, "don't act like you didn't enjoy it," he grinned, winking. this entire encounter had been very amusing to him and all of puddlewish's stuttering and stammering had only added to that... yes, he was still a little annoyed about her telling him to sleep much earlier on but that was a conversation to be had another day... or later on when they saw each other again that night. either way, it was time to to hunt some frogs.

travelling a little further away from puddlewish so that they didn't accidentally attempt to hunt the same prey, he crouched down, belly barely brushing the muddy grass beneath him. his lightly torn ears were perked straight upwards and his tired, amber eyes were wide despite the fact that sight wasn't of much use in such a dark environment anyway.

croak!

the sound of a nearby toad caught crowdance's attention and he stalked towards it stealthily.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 21:49:38 GMT

puddlewish ignores his comment about her liking his flexing because, well she couldnt bring herself to lie to him. being alone with the tom had her stomach in knots, she felt like a nervous kit. she didn't understand why she couldn't just treat him like any other friend she had, what was so different about crowdance specifically that being near him made her act so mousebrained.

but that was something for her to go over on her own, later. not when she was supposed to be focused on the lizard in front of her. she pushes and thought of crowdance out of her mind, she slowly stalks towards the lizard. pouncing and quickly killing it  and lifting her head, looking around for crowdance and softly sitting when she spots him, to not interrupt his hunt. as she watches she smiles lightly at crowdance

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 22:11:21 GMT

still moving very slowly, crowdance crawled in the direction of the sound, trying extremely hard not to scare away the slimy little creature. usually he wouldn't put in nearly as much effort into a single hunt, he didn't need to most of the time, but he wasn't about to embarrass himself in front of someone who falls in swamps.

once the toad was in his line of sight, the warrior leaned back very slightly and wiggled his hind, making sure he was in the perfect position to pounce on what would soon be just another object on the fresh kill pile. a few seconds later, he pounced, landing with his front claws digging into the amphibians back. he let out a loud and short laugh of triumph as he made sure the toad was dead, leaning down and quickly thanking starclan for providing them with prey.

grinning, crowdance picked up the dead toad and trotted back towards puddlewish, head held high with pride. it wasn't a huge toad he had caught but he still thought that he should go back to see if she had also caught something. "look... he started, voice muffled due to the carcus in his mouth, "at the size of this!" he finished as he dropped it by her paws.

"catch anything yourself?"

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar