Written in the Stars

quiet night [open]

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Jul 31, 2021 23:44:20 GMT

nothing but the sound of crickets could be heard as the sky had finally become a pitch black, only lit by the gentle moon reflecting on the murky water of the swamp. it was unusually cold out tonight, especially considering the time of year, yet still crowdance had decided to once again search the territory for rogues, a job that had already been done once by the evening patrol.

the black tom stifled a yawn as he paced the area, tired eyes as alert as he could possibly keep them with how long it had been since he last slept. sometimes he questioned why he cared so much about making sure no hostile outsiders were around, but he was always met with a single answer: he had to keep his clan safe. if he wasn't doing something useful, he had no right to be there at all, so what was the point in sleeping?

shivering as a particularly strong gust of wind passed, he hopped onto a nearby rock and decided to lay down for a quick minute, figuring the coast was clear. puffing up his coat for warmth, he slowly closed one eye to rest and perked up his lightly torn ears and heard nothing but the calls of a few toads... and footsteps from behind.

with a slight growl, he turned around defensively, claws unsheathed just incase any blood needed to be drawn. yet, he quickly relaxed when he saw it was just a clanmate heading towards him.

"what are you doing out so late?" a single brow raised, "have you not seen how dark it is?"

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
nightclan; crowdance, ducktongue.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Aug 1, 2021 0:47:48 GMT

Fur bristling, Lilypaw stubbornly ignored the cold that dug its claws into her thin pelt. It was necessary to train, even if it late and she hadn't told Duskracer-- if she wasn't able to properly practice in the early morning, nor in broad sunlight, when else would there be? She wanted to become a fully-fledged warrior as soon as possible, and soon-to-be warriors should never stay idle when they could be putting themselves to proper use.

Stepping through the muddy undergrowth, Lilypaw kept her ears pricked for signs of danger. She couldn't help but feel wary; what if there were the monsters she had heard spoken of in camp nearby? The ones with gleaming jaws and skin too dense to bite nor claw through? The mere thought made a shiver run down her spine.

As she continued walking, the fresh scent of one of her clanmates hit her. Yet, the evening patrol had been gone for hours-- why was it so strong?

Ahead of her, the answer to her question rested idly upon a rock, before turning to face her with a hostile expression.

The quick movement caused Lilypaw to scramble backwards, paws nearly slipping from beneath her. At the realization that the dark, furry mass that had growled at her was Crowdance, of all cats, she felt an equal amount of humiliation and annoyance. Of course he'd travel this far to nap. What else was she expecting?

As she narrowed her eyes, she pulled herself into a straighter position, desperately hoping her earlier startle wasn't too noticeable.

"I could ask you the same question." She hissed back, impertinence flashing in her gaze. How dare he accuse her of being out too late? She was an apprentice now, not some wayward kit!

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 2, 2021 20:44:35 GMT

as the other feline approached, crowdance recognised them as his younger clanmate and daughter, lilypaw, although he often failed to remember the latter... afterall, he had spent his days with so many of his clanmates that it often slipped his mind what his relationship was with each. either way, he didn't really think it mattered much; other than their blood relation, she was nothing but another clanmate to him.

his brows raised and a small half-smirk appeared on crowdance's lips at the albino feline's response. he hadn't expected such a snarky response, but it amused him nonetheless, "why so angry, young warrior?" he asked with a small chuckle, raising himself from his laying position to stretch before pawing the ground below him gently to make sure that it was safe to stand on.

jumping gently down as to avoid sinking into the marshland, the black tom stepped towards lilypaw, "either way, pretty brave of you to be out by yourself this late" he purred jokingly, glancing back at the swamp behind him, "especially with the lizard monsters... they'd eat you up in one bite, no doubt about it," he mused, moving his paw towards his daughter as if he were about to push her in, laughing. of course, he would never actually do this to a clanmate, especially apprentices who were necessary in keeping the clan alive, but it was rather amusing to scare them with the idea.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Aug 5, 2021 1:30:03 GMT

Watching his movements, she took note of how expertly he examined the ground before taking his next step despite her wariness. He may be a seasoned warrior, but Lilypaw knew the truth; those skills were wasted on a fleabag philanderer.

Clamping her maw shut from any further indignations, she instead craned her neck upwards, meeting his amber gaze head-on. That is, until he brought the notion of lizard-monsters up in conversation and lifted her paw towards her.

Arching her back, she lowered herself to the ground in case he did decide to make any further movement (which even she doubted he would, but she couldn't trust he wouldn't, either). His playful attitude almost reminded her of how he'd plan with her denmates and her as kits-- almost. Back then, she mistook it for paternal bonding, but now she was less naïve. If Crowdance would treat her as any other apprentice, she saw no reason to treat him as though he were her father. Or as anything more than a flea-bitten rouge that lived in the Nightclan camp.

"I--I highly doubt they'd find me very filling. If those lizard-monsters would eat anyone, it should be you." Ignoring the waver in her meow and the mud soaking further into the fur of her underbelly, she stood once more.

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 5, 2021 21:39:31 GMT

a loud laugh erupted from crowdance's throat when lilypaw crouched down to avoid his paw. he considered letting her know that he wasn't actually going to push her in- he was a bully but he wasn't about to murder a clanmate, especially an apprentice. he withdrew his paw and stepped back a little bit, sitting back down and wrapping his tail tightly around his paws to indicate that he wasn't going to move anymore.

"oh please," the warrior grinned, turning his head back to look into the swamp, "they'd never eat me, i wouldn't let them," he purred, slanting his eyes and staring at her through their sides, "i'd definitely eat one of them if we ever managed to catch one... i'm surprised the clan's never tried," he shook his head amusedly.

"i bet we could get that kittypet clan to do it for us, what's their name again?" he asked rhetorically, pretending to ponder on his question although he already knew the answer, "oh yeah, oakclan," he continued with a smirk, thinking about the battle that had happened between the two clans several moons back, "they wouldn't understand a thing about living in the swamp."

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Aug 11, 2021 6:52:59 GMT

As he positioned himself and stilled, Lilypaw felt herself ease. She hated how riled up he made her; she couldn't be a proper warrior if nonexistent family relations made her emotional. It's not like she needed him, anyways. Duskracer and Paletongue were all she needed. 

"I'd definitely eat one of them if we ever managed to catch one... I'm surprised the clan's never tried," The sheer audacity of his tone still managed to take her by surprise.

"That's impossible; it would be a death wish!" Or... was it? With how sure he appeared, Lilypaw could already feel the doubt well up within her. Perhaps it would be within the range of an experienced warrior's skillset-- or not. Either way, whoever tried and failed would've deserved their demise via a fool's errand. She wondered, momentarily, if this hypothetical feline would be Crowdance, but he continued on.

With the mention of their neighboring clan, Lilypaw couldn't help but think of the stray warrior she had met. They seemed fairly in touch with the swamplands, despite Lilypaw's own reservations. 

"If they did agree, it would be a useful experiment." She responded thoughtfully, subconsciously mirroring Crowdance's sitting position. "For Nightclan, at least. We wouldn't be the ones losing members if it went poorly."

// 
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2021 16:51:24 GMT by ravenmist4

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 13, 2021 16:48:34 GMT

CROWDANCE
he/him • nightclan warrior

crowdance grinned when lilypaw began to agree with him, happy that he could have an interesting conversation with the younger cat despite the hostility that had existed when she first approached him earlier that night, "not only would it be a useful experiment," he started, pausing to listen to her speak and grinning when she stopped, "exactly, we wouldn't be losing any warriors so it wouldn't harm us in any way... although i do feel some could be doing a little more to help out," he added the last part quietly at the end, shaking his head as he did so before continuing, "we would also be making oakclan much weaker," he laughed slightly, standing to press his black nose into the apprentice's shoulder.

"come on, let's see if we can find one," he laughed, stretching out his limbs before beginning to walk away slowly, waiting for lilypaw to begin following, "don't fall in though," he laughed loudly.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Oct 14, 2021 17:55:42 GMT

Her ears perked forward, straining to catch Crowdance's muttered words.

"Help them? With catching a lizard-monster?" Her nose wrinkled in thought, weighing the morality of the senior warrior's points as she followed him to the edge of the water.

"I'm not going to fall in, Crowdance." She huffed, tail lashing with annoyance. She wasn't as clumsy as the other apprentices-- they couldn't tell their claws from their teeth.

"Nightclan cats are superior to the other clans, correct? Why bother with having any other clans, then? It doesn't make any sense." We could just... drive them away, and let the capable warriors join Nightclan.

//

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Oct 17, 2021 20:40:10 GMT

☽CROWDANCE☾
he/him ☼ nightclan warrior

crowdance raised a brow, shaking his head, "oh i believe you're not going to fall in," he noted, looking down into the swampy water, "but what are the clan going to think if you drown and i have to bring back your body?" he asked rhetorically.

"yes, we are superior to the other clans," crowdance replied with a smile- he had always been proud to be a part of nightclan and had faith in their ability and strength, "we bother with other clans because life would be boring without competition, don't you think?" he asked thoughtfully, still looking down at the water, "imagine how lazy some of the warriors would be if they weren't kept on their toes," he laughed.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☼☼☼
template by me

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar