Written in the Stars

Seeking Entertainment | p

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Doge Avatar

Doge

Post by Doge on Sept 7, 2021 3:18:38 GMT

I'm beyond bored, what to do? Wispfang tilted his head as he stretched out of the warrior den. The white and gray warrior's fluffy coat brushed against some pine needles as he padded out of camp. There was a herb problem he had knowledge of, and he hoped it would bring conflict soon. After all the warrior always had a streak of sadism in him and the reason for fighting didn't matter. The late afternoon breeze always made the ground and air cold in DawnClan. As he made his way to barren hills Wispfang stopped and he shook some of the pine needles out of his long coat. 

He sighed and flattened his ears in the crisp air as he sniffed. Plenty of warriors by his age had gotten apprentices, which gave them something more to do. Wispfang had not been assigned an apprentice so outside of hunting and patrolling he had too much free time. There was a scent of another warrior in the air but he didn't smell others. Is someone patrolling alone? He wondered as he approached some of the streams that bordered the barren hills, closer to the edge of DawnClan territory. 

For: 

193 WORDS | WISPFANG | WARRIOR

Last Edit: Sept 7, 2021 3:18:51 GMT by Doge

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 8, 2021 12:33:22 GMT

BELLWING
she/her • dawnclan warrior

Bellwing had found herself lost in the day; earlier in the morning, she had spent a while working on kick forms again with Wolfpaw before letting him go on to practice in peace. With the sun positioned high in the sky, the dark blue warrior sought to escape the crowded camp and instead decided to lean into her whimsical nature. Stealing off with the idle promise of patrolling, Bellwing had wandered further into the barren hills before she realized in what direction she had been walking.

The breeze was crisp and fragrant with pine as the warm midday eased into a cool afternoon as the blue tabby languidly passed from each barren tree trunk to the next, taking a few moments each time to look the scarred wood over. It could be such a sad place, the hills donning burned trunks, but also one with a story that Bellwing found herself rather drawn to. She could come here to think, or not think at all. What a brilliant place. Eager to indulge herself, the she-warrior flopped over to one side and in a fluid motion, managed to roll down the side of the hill she had been standing on.

It wasn’t until she stopped with a soft oof that she could smell the scent of another growing stronger. Blue eyes flashing in mild surprise, Bellwing recognized Wispfang’s cool tabby pelt a little ways off and wondered what could’ve brought him. Surely nothing was happening in camp, right? Hopeful that he wasn’t there with bad news, she gently waved her plumed tail in greeting as she pulled herself into a seated position.

notes:: hope this was okay ^^'
tags:: 
format borrowed from
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Doge Avatar

Doge

Post by Doge on Sept 9, 2021 4:20:11 GMT

Much to his surprise, Wispfang stopped his blue eyes were wide as he saw Bellwing rolling down the side of a hill. This is normal Bellwing, but wasn't she out training her apprentice? He tilted his head to the side before shaking and straightening up. The she-cat noticed him and waved her tail at him. Wispfang held a steady gaze at the dark blue warrior, wondering if she was bothered at all by the dry air of the season. "Any fanciful thoughts for today, Bellwing?" He meowed lightheartedly and approached, some company out in the territory made him cheerful.

"I saw you rolled down the hill and was concerned something spooked you." He teased but it was not dreamy, there's wolves about in DawnClan territory. But there was not a single ounce of wolf scent in the air, Bellwing came down that hill on her own. To Wispfang, Bellwing was hard to predict and it wasn't often he stumbled upon her like this. However, she wasn't a bad clanmate and got along well with everyone. Leaf-fall was not a pretty season for DawnClan territory as the coniferous trees did not change. However, Wispfang could see that Bellwing still was drawn to the dead trees in their territory.  

Notes: dw about it Bellwing is epic c:
207 WORDS | WISPFANG | WARRIOR

Last Edit: Sept 9, 2021 4:20:23 GMT by Doge

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 16, 2021 5:01:58 GMT

BELLWING

From the warrior’s mirrored look, Bellwing could tell Wispfang had been just as surprised to see her as she had been. Her expression softened in realization and a light, lilting laugh escaped her. ”Ah,” she hummed at his question. Unknown to most of her clanmates, or at least unconcerned with, the blue warrior had found that she could taste flavors in the voices of those with which she conversed. There was a light, refreshing flavor to the grey and white tom’s tone as he prompted her, leaving Bellwing eager to indulge him.

”I wonder when I pass these trees, did they ever cast off their seeds. If they did, do you wonder how far they might have gotten? It’s hard to think they could’ve gotten much farther than here, but sometimes I like to think that some of the shorter trees down the mountain must’ve come from these trees now long gone.” Her soft eyes had trailed from Wispfang to gaze longing across the horizon, lost over the hills and in vivid blue of the sky. ”It’s happier that way, I think,” she mused in a wistful voice.

However, her attention was recovered as she wandered back to the warrior’s teasing words as she mulled them over. What, spooked her? It was a funny thought, at least to Bellwing. In all her time living in their territory, Bellwing had found peace in the wilderness. She knew of all the threats that lurked just beyond the edges of her senses, and yet, there was something to it all that allured the queen so greatly in her wanderlust. Things had come and gone to break her heart, but she had truly yet to fear anything.

Amusement in her voice, the blue warrior countered, ”And would that make you the cavalry?” Her gaze twinkled playfully as she returned it to her clanmate, wondering then what could have brought him. Perhaps he was just idling as aimlessly as she had been? Then they were birds of a feather in the pursuit to quell their boredom.

notes:: sorry about the wait 

format borrowed from
Last Edit: Sept 20, 2021 19:13:54 GMT by mew

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Doge Avatar

Doge

Post by Doge on Sept 18, 2021 18:21:45 GMT

Wispfang's tail tip twitched, he seemed to of amused her enough due to the laugh he heard. He brushed off a feeling of concern he initially had for Bellwing being out alone. The blue she-cat clearly wasn't being chased down the hill by any predators or enemies. Minor discontent manifested in him, if something had been chasing her it would be a thrill for him to attack her pursuer. Wispfang wasn't sure if Bellwing shared that same daring and bloodlust as him. He doubted it, her tranquil nature and soft gaze told him so.

The warrior tilted his head as she spoke before replying to her. "That is a mystery for sure, but I think your thoughts are down the right path." Wispfang wasn't the wisest warrior as he preferred bloodshed, but what she said made sense to him. He followed her gaze from the to the horizon but then glanced above him, taking in just how tall the trees were around them. These tall trees are alive no longer, but they must've played a part in the younger generation of trees.

Wispfang was content with that thought but it wasn't his own imagination in light. Bellwing made him think about something that wasn't routine warrior duty or fighting. He never really questioned the land continuously feeding into itself regardless of the death of numerous trees. Wispfang entrusted that it was all StarClan provided but Bellwing was almost entertaining the idea that all this was before StarClan.

"And would that make you the cavalry?" Funnily enough, with those words the teaser suddenly became teased. He was unsure if to indulge her calling him protecting. Wispfang was used to bothering his clanmates but maybe Bellwing was unbothered all this time since they were apprentices. He was flustered but he should of known she would question his approach and why he wasn't back at camp. "I guess my concerns you were in trouble would make me the cavalry..." He trailed off but then shook myself. "Camp was boring me so I came out on a walk, would you like company?" He asked hopeful, thus far Bellwing was intriguing the gray and white warrior.

Notes: No worries take your time ^^
361 WORDS | WISPFANG | WARRIOR

Last Edit: Sept 18, 2021 18:21:59 GMT by Doge

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 20, 2021 19:48:40 GMT

BELLWING

Bellwing half-wondered if the tom would ignore her whimsical musings, as their more regimented clanmates often did when the blue queen had little more than her own thoughts to offer. However, to her delight, it seemed Wispfang had been listening a bit as he responded in kind, providing some assurance to her theory. In their time training together, Bellwing hadn’t taken Wispfang for the introspective type as he seemed fixated on the more active aspects of clan life. It was nice, the she-cat found, getting to uncover the little nuances in her peers as she spent time with them and surely Wispfang would be the same.

At his self-invitation, Bellwing felt a purr of agreement rise in her throat. It was an honest plight, and one she felt all too often, so she could empathize. With a gentle tilt of her head, cornflower eyes met Wispfang’s icy gaze as she dipped into a light nod. His words were sweet to the taste, almost as if she could detect the warmth of his flustered disposition before he adjusted himself more casually. It was charming, and worth her time to investigate his character beyond the macho-warrior persona he often donned, she decided.

”I would like that. Thank you,” she hummed with a smile at his offer before taking a few steps ahead. A gust of the autumnal wind grazed over the hills and buffeted the blue cat from behind, almost as if it were attempting to spur her steps forward. Beaming a bit more at the new-found pep in her paws, she threw her feathery head back to peer at the tom over from her shoulder. With a cheeky grin, the blue tabby mused, ”Race you to the next hill!” And without waiting for her denmate to decline, Bellwing tore off towards the nearest mound with her dark plume of a tail streaking out behind her.

notes:: n/a

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Doge Avatar

Doge

Post by Doge on Sept 23, 2021 2:57:21 GMT

Wispfang returned the smile, he was surprised Bellwing hadn't drifted into more daydreams yet. The blue whimsical she-cat even accepted his offer. He watched with weary eyes at first as Bellwing made some distance between them. His head tilted as the wind brushed through both their pelts. The air was dry and almost chilly enough to cause shivering. Better get moving. As the thought entered his mind Bellwing was already springing forward.

"Race you to the next hill!" The blue she-cat's words rang in the wind as she tore towards the mound. He pushed his paws to sprint after her but with her head start he was unable to pass her. Under his fluffy fur he was broad shouldered and muscular despite his groomed neat fur not puffing out too much. "I'm more of a fighter than a runner." He laughed and exhaled relived to of reached the mound, she didn't totally leave him in the dust.

"I definitely prefer new-leaf weather, but I do enjoy when we get snow." His icy gaze peered towards the clouds in the horizon. Snow was brought amusement to Wispfang despite the hardships it sometimes brought upon the clan. I'm not sure if the clan could afford cats catching colds. We might not have the herbs to treat leaf-bear aliments. DawnClan cats were known for huddling and sharing nests for warmth but it was rare to make it through the season without at least one clanmate catching a cold.

"Do you have a favorite season?" He asked while they keep going up the hill. The white and gray warrior believed Bellwing would have a wild perception to portray for her favorite season. It would be an interesting topic despite the very standard state the mountainous climate followed year long. Being beaten to the hill by Bellwing made him realize the she-cat carried a pleasant smell with her. The scent was sweet of something he could not recognize but had an underlying pine smell he knew.

Does she roll in pine cones and something else? I can't think of what that something else is though.  He wondered to himself, unable to suppress a chuckle that rumbled up his throat. Wispfang had imagined that in Bellwing's dreamy states she rolls in such things giving her the scent. Hopefully she didn't hear him and question that he was amused by something which had not been said.

Notes: Sorry for the late-ish reply I hope this is okay
399 WORDS | WISPFANG | WARRIOR

Last Edit: Sept 23, 2021 2:57:38 GMT by Doge

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 27, 2021 18:49:58 GMT

BELLWING

Bellwing roared with laughter as she ran, her initial dash having won her the race despite the fact that she could have sworn she felt Wispfang hot on her heels. The gentle incline of the hill helped to ease her pace to a more casual trot as her companion quickly joined her. At his words, she merely mused, ”Nor am I. This coat isn’t only for show!” There was a teasing twinkle in her eye as she glanced over to the paler warrior; it was true that his pelt reflected his muscular form more easily. The blue queen’s tall build, however, worked to help hide her muscle-bound body beneath her feathery pelt. As burly as the best in the mountains, only Bellwing’s passive demeanor saved her foes a whole lot of bruising.

As Wispfang’s gaze trailed to the sky, she too followed his line of sight and watched as downy clouds drifted lazily by. He spoke of the seasons and snow, eliciting a soft hum of agreement from the tabby queen. Just as any moon did, the changing winds brought both blessings and curses in a variety of forms. The bone-rattling chill of Leafbare would be nearly unbearable in the mountains, but it also came with the distraction of snow to entertain those bogged down by the woes of the season. With another small tip of head sideways, though without looking away from the sky, Bellwing purred, ”It’s nice to focus on the little things that light our way in the darkness of Leafbare.” Finally looking back to the tom, she added with a little smile, ”I’m sure the snow in the coming moons will shine like moonlight.”

As they continued up the hill, Wispfang continued to chat idly with Bellwing as she lost herself in the wanderlust of the seasons’ greetings. It wasn’t until they had reached the top of the hill that she had realized he had asked her a question. Blue eyes flashed mildly as she recalled what he had said before softening her expression and looking back out to the thinning trees along the horizon. After a moment, she mewed, ”They all have their secrets that make each moon different, but if I had to decide on a favorite…” A more somber-looking smile was worn on her face as she continued, ”I suppose it would be Leafbare. A clan must work their hardest together during the freezing moons; it’s almost romantic in a way. We can have our differences, but when things get hard and everything begins to fade, we come together stronger and there is no other experience like it.”

With a wistful gleam in her starry eyes, Bellwing sat down and swept her bushy tail around her paws, purring over her shoulder, ”It’s also a time of change. Isn’t that so wonderful? The whole world changes; it’s the only time of the season cycle that there are no leaves. Have you wondered why that is?” There was a sadness and eagerness alike to her liquid voice as she once again found herself lost in her thoughts, each concept trickling from her tongue as it flowed from her consciousness. Blind to the tom’s wandering mind and nose, she instead eased into the comfortable air as she idly pondered aloud.

notes:: no worries. sorry for my own late response ^^'

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Doge Avatar

Doge

Post by Doge on Oct 2, 2021 0:40:14 GMT

"Nor am I. This coat isn’t only for show!" Wispfang chuckled upon hearing the tabby she-cat's reply. Bellwing was after all not a scrawny cat. Wispfang knew despite her usual demeanor Bellwing could at least put up some fight. That didn't stop his concerns that she could be prone to running into predators. Wispfang blinked as a breeze brushed him changing his amused expression. Bellwing continued on to tell him her favorite season. She finds our struggles in Leaf-bare as empowering enough to name it her favorite season? The idea interested him, the way Bellwing spoke was fascinating.

Wispfang tilted his head and turned his head away from her, he was adamant to sway her from their struggles during the colder moons. "So you find it romantic when we all huddle in the warrior's den?" He flicked her shoulder with his tail as the warrior laughed. The gray and white cat enjoyed being warm and fed as much as the next warrior but saying it was romantic was a stretch for him. I think we will be able to feed the mouths within DawnClan. Hopefully no one falls sick, that would be out of our control. Getting sick without herbs to help sparked some possible fear but Wispfang suppressed the emotion. Leaf-bare would not have time for emotions like fear and anxiety.

Why there is no leaves on the trees during winter? Wispfang thought about it, he wondered if she was testing him. Fighting, battle, and loving to cause trouble hadn't made him completely mouse-brained. The warrior was unsure if her questions were meant to gauge whether he lost compassion or intelligence. "I have thought of it before, I suppose the leaves don't function too well in the snow. Maybe the trees shed the leaves with a plan to grow new ones back eventually." He said with some hesitation, unsure what Bellwing would do with his answer.

Wispfang hoped she didn't measure him as without conscious or violent. Wispfang wasn't a monster but sometimes shedding blood was thrilling. He didn't know how to openly ponder about things around him like Bellwing. The warrior let a slight smile form, this time spent with Bellwing pushed away the thoughts he experienced before running into her. Getting an apprentice wouldn't change much, they might not even peek his interest. There was sources of interest around them, within the territory and Bellwing was helping him realize that.

403 WORDS | WISPFANG | WARRIOR

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Oct 5, 2021 6:35:17 GMT

BELLWING

Bellwing laughed lightly along with Wispfang as he playfully flicked her with his tail, though she gently shook her head before purring, ”Oh, I believe you misunderstand me.” Her airy laughter continued, the queen tickled a little at the thought. ”Not quite so black and white; rather, I mean that there is a beauty to it. It’s the little things we take for granted the rest of the seasons’ cycle, but that become so necessary when Leafbare arrives.” Her oceanic eyes were cast softly to the blades of grass swaying in the breeze atop the hill and she added in a low hum, ”It’s humbling in a way.” However, just as the mountain winds, the blue queen’s wistful expression floated away and was replaced by a cheeky grin as she looked back to Wispfang.

”Not that I’d complain about having a warm nest, of course,” she snickered light-heartedly before easing back into her relaxed position. As she began day-dreaming again, she had pondered aloud about the lack of leaves on the trees, and the pale tom accompanying her had been gracious enough to humor her with an answer. At his words, Bellwing hummed in agreement, but her ears twitched swiftly as she raised her head again. Cocking it to one side, the tabby she-cat cooed, ”Yes, but why? It isn’t as if there is little sun during Leafbare…” There was a challenging little twinkled to her eyes before she closed them and tilted her nose up in a playful fashion before allowing her expression to fall back into a doe-eyed look of dreamy contemplation.

”I sometimes wonder if it means the world itself is sleeping, like how bears or some of the prey hide away during the frozen moons. But then, would that make us like fleas on the grassy hide of some great monster?” Her tone had sounded somewhat far-away and soft, but that fluidly changed as she looked back to mirror Wispfang with an earnest smile of her own. “Of course, that’s just my imagination at work. I’m sure nothing like that could exist, but it’s fun to talk about.” Once again, either by coincidence or by clever mental gymnastics, Bellwing seemed oblivious to the grey and white warrior’s internal struggle overthinking their situation. While Wispfang concerned himself with his worth to some imagined expectations of the blue tabby, Bellwing reveled in the luxury of getting to share tongues and idle thoughts with others when she was given the opportunity. She was simply thankful for Wispfang’s willing, refreshing company.

notes:: n/a

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar