grand theft herbs pt. 1

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 5, 2021 2:37:26 GMT

DRIFTSTORM
he/him ✧ dawnclan warrior

green-leaf was coming to a slow end. soon, warm nights full of cicada chirping would be traded for brisk evenings and fallen leaves. dawnclan cats were prone to sharing a nest instead of having separately maintained nests. the shiver in the air reminded him of his nightclan companion-of-sorts, pinkfish. he longed to, one day, cuddle with her, only a whiskers length away... sadly, she was more than a whisker away. there was a whole swamp of nasty creatures between them... and the warrior code. he let out a sigh and decided to take a walk around camp to clear his mind.

his quiet footsteps, masked by the sound of the stream trickling nearby, led him to the medicine cat den. he peeked his muzzle inside, meowing "frostbite, you in there?" he entered, peering around the den. "nothing's wrong, don't worry. i was just... you know, wondering if you needed any help, that's all." instead of direct eye contact with her, his gaze wandered around the herb supply. he had been in here quite a few times before, given his trouble-making apprenticeship, but he had never seen the den with this few supplies. the herbs he could see were, well, not of great quality. they were shriveled up as if they had been in the sun all day long. clearly, this wasn't frostbite's fault. she didn't grow the herbs herself. perhaps the recent weather has been affecting them?

notes;; heh i think im bout to steal (from nightclan)
tags;;

✧✧✧
template by smith
Last Edit: Sept 5, 2021 2:53:53 GMT by aelita 🌷

she/they
pinklapine#6969 on Discord
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

dawnclan: driftstorm
oakclan: wildfrog
nightclan: antpaw, honeybriar
outsiders: shade, minou

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Frost Avatar

Frost

Post by Frost on Sept 6, 2021 0:42:37 GMT

Frostbite was deep in thought. She looked at her empty wall of herbs and just...stared. She was at such a loss now. She actually kinda felt helpless. If a cat got sick she would do all she was able but if we were on the verge of death...who knew what she was able to do. The white she cat almost didnt hear the voice that was speaking to her and quickly she turned around seeing driftstorm not making eye contact with her but around her den and surely getting a sense of what she was dealing with. If her den didnt tell her clan how she was doing mentally and emotionally then who really could ever know how the medicine cat was doing. Keeping quiet for a few more moment her green eyes never left the warrior and finally she broke the silence.

''Do you need something Driftstorm?'' she mewed in a stern tone and of course not a welcoming one. Then again when was her tone ever welcoming and happy. Yet she had every reason to be mad and upset.

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 6, 2021 2:37:43 GMT

DRIFTSTORM

he frowned, somewhat taken aback by the she-cats rigid tone. perhaps she had not heard what he had said before? "oh... when i came in, i asked if you needed help with anything." he shuffled his paws while he waited for an answer. aside from a few minor scratches and bruises, he hadn't really spoken to her in the past. she always seemed rather distant from other cats. he never saw her sharing tongues or socializing. she was always in her den. nevertheless, she was the medicine cat, and even if she was sometimes a bit cold and forbidding, he wanted to assist in any way he could.

by the looks of the empty shelves and her more-than-usual unpleasant demeanor, she was stressed. he was probably going to regret asking this, but before he could even reconsider it, he was already speaking. "are you okay?"

notes;; pls spare me frostbite im here to help
tags;;

✧✧✧
template by smith

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Frost Avatar

Frost

Post by Frost on Sept 6, 2021 14:34:41 GMT

''Are you okay?''

Frostbite narrowed her eyes at the tom and her tail lashed from side to side. ''I'm gonna give you another change at fixing your question Driftstorm...because that one right there does not help me with my herbless situation so im going to ask you again and I wish for you to reply to me with a better question then the one you had before..'' Sitting down but keeping her gaze on the warrior she glared hard at him. The tension in her cave had to be so thick at this point she was sure this was making this warrior uncomfortable. Most cats just got up and walked out which Frostbite was use to so she would not be surprised if this tom did the same thing.

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 16, 2021 17:23:31 GMT

DRIFTSTORM

"okay." he sharply replied, furrowing his brow. clearly, frostbite was not in the mood to be comforted today... or any day, really. it was no wonder why she was given her name. usually medicine cats were given names like "heart", "leaf", or kinds of flowers or herbs. those types of names would not suit this she-cat. she was abrasive and unfriendly. the first time he came to her for help, he had a splinter and she acted like she didn't care. to be fair, there was worse injuries to have, but still, a little sympathy never hurt anybody...

"new question. do you need me to run any errands? is there anything i can go get for you that would help you out? i know things have been rough lately." he wasn't going to let her coarseness get to him. other cats would turned tail and ran away by now, but he was determined. "do you think that the weather has been affecting the herbs? it's been rather hot lately and there hasn't been much rain."

notes;; n/a
tags;;

✧✧✧
template by smith

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Kit

I have nothing to say.

Frost Avatar

Frost

Post by Frost on Oct 4, 2021 16:50:49 GMT

"do you think that the weather has been affecting the herbs? it's been rather hot lately and there hasn't been much rain."

Frostbite sighed. She was tired. Even if she never showed it deep down she was exhausted. Being the strong cat she always was she had to keep it together for her clan. Part of frostbite didnt even wish to continue this conversation but the warrior was here. He was lending a paw for helping her which no cat really ever did in the clan. She did give this warrior props for that. Green eyes looked at him softening just a little bit but not too much to show her weakness.

''Weather could have some effect on the herbs drying up. We havent really been lucky when it comes to the heat..'' Giving a quiet sigh she mewed, ''If you want to help by all means please do. Go find me some herbs that arent dried out or dead to no use. For the love of starclan I don't care if you even go over to nightclan and ask for a pile of herbs! For all we know we might be the only ones going through this!'' Collecting herself again she mewed, ''I don't care how I get herbs at this point I just need them!''

ooc: sorry for the long late reply!!

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Oct 8, 2021 15:01:52 GMT

DRIFTSTORM

driftstorm watched as frostbite's eyes softened. she was desperate for relief for her clan. he knew there were cats that came in and hardly any herbs were available to help them. with a wolf running rampant on their territory, and leaf-bare drawing closer, it was dire that something be done.

"nightclan?" he pondered. from what he could see from their border, it was a rather wet and swampy place compared to their rocky cliffs and snow. he couldn't just walk over there and ask for herbs. but... if he assembled a few cats to collect herbs to take back, that wouldn't hurt, right? it's herbs, they grow back. they would only take just enough to stock the shelves. surely, nobody would even notice they're gone. of course it wasn't the best thing to do morally, but it was the best option he could think of for his clan. "of course. that gives me an idea." he quickly turned to leave. "thank you frostbite! i won't let you down." without letting her finish, he left the den and began plotting in his head.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

✧✧✧
template by smith

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar