Written in the Stars

Two birds of a different feather

Kit

I have nothing to say.

terra Avatar

terra

Post by terra on Aug 31, 2021 18:15:25 GMT

Magpiesight | NightClan Warrior

The she-cat yawned, stretching in her nest before shaking out her fur and padding out of the warrior's den. Sitting a little ways away from the den, she sat down and began grooming her fur. The Gathering had come and gone, and now things were returning to normal. She had come back from a hunting patrol earlier and just woken up from a short nap.

Glancing around the camp showed nothing out of the ordinary; apprentices were being taken out of camp by their mentors to go train, warriors were leaving camp or lounging around talking to their clanmates. Magpiesight took the opportunity to enjoy the quiet and simply listen to the sounds of chatter as she continued her grooming. Usually she was busy running around patrolling or hunting, and it was rare that the camp was so peaceful during the day. Most of the time she would have to wait until night when most cats were asleep to enjoy it.

As she licked her paw and drew it over an ear in an attempt to fix a tuft of fur that refused to lie flat, she wondered what she should do next. She'd already hunted for the morning, and might be put on the evening border patrol later. There was nothing she could see that needed her immediate attention at the moment.

--
Tagging:

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Sept 2, 2021 18:54:21 GMT

☽DUCKPAW☾
he/they ☼ nightclan apprentice

words couldn't describe how furious duckpaw had been since the gathering. not only had he not been invited to go, but they had also found out that some very important... secret news had been shared at said gathering. news that at first, brought him joy- a secret apprentice fighting club? it sounded amazing! duckpaw would love nothing more than to go to a secret club, behind their leaders back, and kick some tail! yet... their joy had only lasted a few moments. the young cat had learned this news, not from a strong warrior or friend (not that he really had many) but from cricketpaw, one of his least favourite apprentices in nightclan who he had soon come to dislike even more over recent moons. you see, cricketpaw was his father, crowdance's apprentice, and seeing him receive the love and care that they longed for only fuelled the hatred they had more. and of course, it was cricketpaw who crowdance had decided to take, not him or his half-sister, lilypaw.

yet, duckpaw was still determined to partake in this fighting club and hopefully give little cricketpaw a scar or two he wouldn't forget... he just needed to find a warrior to accompany them.

it was then that they spotted magpiesight, a warrior who he knew very little about seeing as she was very reserved, much like himself. however, they knew enough to know that she was an excellent warrior, hardworking and strong. nodding their head, duckpaw furrowed their brows and limped towards the calico.

"magpiesight," he began, attempting to get her attention, "you've heard what cricketpaw's been spreading around, right?" they asked, voice now much more hushed as he attempted to keep their conversation private.

notes;; written assuming that duckpaw and lilypaw spoke to cricketpaw about fight club off-screen.
tags;;

☼☼☼
template by me
Last Edit: Sept 2, 2021 18:56:22 GMT by smith

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
nightclan; crowdance, ducktongue.
sig by

Kit

I have nothing to say.

terra Avatar

terra

Post by terra on Sept 4, 2021 23:03:27 GMT

Magpiesight | NightClan Warrior

”Magpiesight.”

The she-cat paused in her grooming, giving up on flattening the tuft of fur and looking to see who had said her name. To her surprise, it was Duckpaw of all cats. She didn’t really know all that much about the young tom except that he had a paralyzed leg, and that his father was Crowdance. She’d noticed him in a fouler mood than usual these past few sunrises. Perhaps this was why he wanted to talk with her? She was a good listener, after all.

Sitting up straight as the apprentice limped over to her, the warrior gave him her full attention. Upon hearing his question, however, she raised a curious eyebrow. ”I’ve heard some interesting things, yes.” She replied. She didn’t know all the details, but she had heard enough to put together that there was some sort of apprentice club forming. But what kind of club, she had no idea.. ”I assume you would know more about it than I do, though, as Cricketpaw is your denmate. Why do you ask?”

——
Tagging:

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Sept 26, 2021 15:57:56 GMT

☽DUCKPAW☾
he/they ☼ nightclan apprentice

duckpaw raised a single brow at magpiesight's response, relieved that the warrior had at least heard of the secret club that he was talking about so he wouldn't have to explain as much, reducing the risk that any outsiders to the situation would hear and tell eveningstar about what was going on. nodding, he lowered himself to the ground and tucked his paws beneath his chest, "i ask because i want you to take me," they started. duckpaw couldn't help but be a little embarrassed- they hated asking for things like this, it made him feel stupid and helpless, but in this situation it was necessary: there was no way that they would be able to go if they didn't bring a warrior with them.

"i was hoping crowdance would take me, but apparently cricketpaw is more worth his time," the tabby rolled his pale eyes with a frown.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☼☼☼
template by me

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
nightclan; crowdance, ducktongue.
sig by

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar