honey pills

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Aug 27, 2021 5:19:35 GMT

SAPPAW
she/her • oakclan warrior apprentice

The mid-morning sun had been shining brightly despite the tree cover and found itself beaming uncomfortably down on a small dark body as Sappaw trudged through camp. The heat wasn’t helping the painful pangs the young she-cat had been feeling in her belly, only managing to weigh her down as she approached the medicine cat den slowly. There was a small sense of apprehension that twisted into the knot already formed in the apprentice’s belly as she sized the stony den up. Tentatively, Sappaw swallowed down a sigh and pushed into the cool shade.

~~~

The young tabby had expected to be training this morning as usual, but appeared to be feeling under the weather when she had gone to meet Stormshriek. Her mentor had expressed concern for her and urged her to go see Daisypetals, though Sappaw had tried to argue with him about missing her lesson. It was evident, at least to the older warrior, that perhaps his apprentice had strained herself a bit too much recently with her dedicated practice, resulting in a reeling stomach. She had finally relented when he had promised to take her out to hunt when she was feeling better, and the russet cat wasn’t about to waste any more time. At least, that had been her plan before she had laid eyes on the familiar stony facade of the aromatic den near the back of camp.

~~~

As the spicy fragrance of herbs washed over her, Sappaw felt an immediate rush of nostalgia and wondered if her pelt was burning from the sun or with embarrassment. She had spent much time looking around Daisypetals' den, either keeping to herself as she hid away from her family, or asking the gentle tom who worked there all the questions she could as she would watch him mix and store herbs. It had been such a soothing experience, but seemed to feel so far away now. She wondered if she would ever be able to feel the same kithood comfort here as she did before, or if the warrior life meant doing one's best to avoid visiting.

With a small groan, the spotted tabby leaned against the cool stone wall to support her. "Daisypetals?" she called in a soft voice, though an edge of discomfort could be detected in her tone. "Can I come in?"

notes:: n/a
tags::  

format borrowed from
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ginger Avatar

ginger

Post by ginger on Aug 27, 2021 14:41:43 GMT

Daisypetals flitted around the medicine cat den, a content grin decorating his round face. Between his fuzzy body and his happy humming-a habit which many found quite bothersome-the pudgy medicine cat resembled something of an oversized bumblebee that was dutifully bouncing from flower to flower. And why shouldn't he feel as lucky as a shiny new penny! While most of his classmates were outside, braving humidity and far too warm weather, he was able to stay tucked inside the nice, cool medicine cat den. With its solid stony walls, the medicine cat den managed to stay relatively cool, while still letting in enough sunshine so as not to feel like a dank mausoleum. If Daisypetals ever got to meet the cat who had first built this place, he would have to remember to congratulate them. But, for the time being, the fuzzy medicine cat was content to simply wonder. Today, Daisypetals was going to have a good day. 
    The sound of a small groan near the entrance of the den prompted the humming tomcat to pause his song. He turned, finally noticing the small russet furred she-cat who was leaning against one of the rocky walls. The fluffy medicine cat could not help but smile as he realized who it was. 
    "Sappaw, you know you are always welcome here," Daisypetals purred. And it was the truth. Ever since Sappaw had been a kit, she had made herself a frequent visitor of the medicine cat den. Before Daisypetals's time as medicine cat, she had been a friend of his mentor, Cedarswirl. And now that the old tomcat had gone off to StarClan, Daisypetals was rather glad to see that he had inherited the young molly's good fortune. Besides, she had always been one of the few cats who came to see them without having to fall apart first. Though judging by the sound of Sappaw's voice, this was more than a friendly hello. "What seems to be troubling you my dear?"
    Daisypetals had already begun to gently sniff at the smaller molly, hoping that he would not find any wounds or scents of a serious illness. When push came to shove, a good medicine cat could often diagnose a patient's issue without them needing to spell things out. Cedarswirl had once told his apprentice that he knew some medicine cats who hardly ever spoke to their clanmates because they had become so observant that they could tell what was wrong with little more than a sniff and a glance. Daisypetals, on the other paw, much preferred when his patients, especially his young ones, actually spoke to him. It made him feel like he was a real part of things rather than just the cat people came to for herbs. And most of the time, he had noticed that apprentices were much more cooperative when he asked them what was going on rather than simply jumping right in because he knew more than them. 

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Aug 30, 2021 12:57:59 GMT

SAPPAW

Thankful for the shade, Sappaw dipped her head in a polite nod as she padded a few steps further inside at the tom’s prompting. His demeanor was sunny and warm as Daisypetals greeted her, and it pulled a little reserved smile from the she-cat before a grimace replaced it as another pain shot through her. Erk! Forcing a brief cough to recover herself, she replied, ”Stormshriek sent me. I woke up with stomach pains, and he believed they would impede my training…” There was a distant look of disappointment reflected in her dark face for a moment, but it was quickly replaced with a look of resolution as she stiffened her features. ”I had hoped you would know of something that could help me.”

She studied the brown and white tom as the medicine cat had begun to sniff about her, taking mental note of where he focused and for how long. It was too easy to ease back into her kithood mannerisms as she wondered what information flickered within Daisypetals’ head as he busied himself with his work. She had felt the same about Cedarswirl before he had passed, the older medicine cat having a seemingly endless wealth of facts and advice in comparison to what the little red kit knew about the world at the time. It was oddly peaceful, having the tom float around her quietly instead of blasting her ear off loudly; already she was beginning to feel refreshed. However, her stomach begged to differ as she winced in pain once more. She sat down gingerly and flattened her ears, acquiesced to her fate. With her chestnut eyes sparkling widely, she meowed in a low voice, ”It’s not too serious, is it?”

notes::  sorry for the wait; had a lil' bit of wb ^^'

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ginger Avatar

ginger

Post by ginger on Aug 31, 2021 16:03:41 GMT

Daisypetals nodded in understanding as Sappaw described her predicament. With how long he had known the young Molly, it was easy for him to tell that she was quite eaten up inside for the fact that she had to be here receiving treatment as opposed to simply dropping by for a social visit. Given the choice, he knew that Sappaw would push herself to the very limit if she thought it meant being able to spend more time training. The young Molly was like a sponge, trying to soak in all of the knowledge she could get her paws on. 
    ”I had hoped you would know of something that could help me.”

The medicine cat nodded, already turning around to look through his herb stores. Bellyaches were never a pleasant thing to wake up to, especially when one was hoping to get other things done. Thankfully, they were also something that Daisypetals was well-versed in treating. Being the glutton that he was, it was not exactly an uncommon occurrence for him to get a stomach ache or two of his own.
     "Don't you worry youngster," Daisypetals mewed, giving the younger she-cat a sweet smile. It was odd, he really was not that dramatically older than her, yet he certainly felt the part. Perhaps he was just an 'old soul', as cats often told him. He pulled down a few sprigs of Juniper and Hawthorne berries, dropping them in front of Sappaw. "So long as this is just a normal bellyache, and you haven't been eating questionable prey-" Daisypetals paused, giving the apprentice a short, yet meaningful look. He would certainly hoped that she would be smart enough to tell him if she suspected that as a cause of her pain. "-these berries should fix you right up. And of course, I have not forgotten our deal."
   Daisypetals stretched up on his hind legs, clawing something down from a high ledge. After a moment of him pawing around and muttering to himself, the tomcat pulled back a paw which was now glistening with gold. 

"Come on Sapkit!" A high-pitched, whiny mew sounded from the entrance of the medicine den. "Hurry up and eat your leaves so you can come out and play with us!"

A tiny, auburn-furred kitten was sitting inside the medicine cat den, a desolate look painted on her petite face. This was far from the first time that Sapkit had been sent to Cedarswirl in the hopes that he could make her as strong as her siblings. This time, however, she was here with a sore throat.
"But they taste funny," the she-kitten rasped sadly, poking at the herbs in front of her with a tiny claw. She looked up at Cedarswirl, sadness shining in her eyes. "And nothing makes me strong enough...it isn't fair."
Daisypaw watched this scene from outside, his heart twinging for the little she-cat's predicament. He glanced down at the four kittens who were rough-housing outside, and shook his head. He knew they did not mean to make their sister feel so small. They were just kits who said what was in their mind. And when they did not understand something, they did not know what to do. Come to think of it...neither did Sapkit.
"Hey Sapkit," Daisypaw mewed, brushing past her siblings and crouching in front of her. "Do you want to see something cool?"
StarClan, he hoped this would work. Daisypetals pulled Sapkit's discarded Iris petals close to himself. "So, all these flowers and leaves that Cedarswirl and I use grow out in the dirt, but did you know we can't grow them ourselves? When we want flowers to grow, we have to wait for some fuzzy little bees to come and stick their noses in them. The bees think flowers smell just as nice as we do. But then-and this is the crazy part-they stick their noses in the flowers, and they start slurping up flower juices. And they do this again and again and again, and all the flowers leave some dust on their bums. And then, when they are all full, they go make honey!"
Daisypaw reached up onto a high shelf and dipped his paw into a golden nectar. With what he would like to imagine was a suave flick of his paw, he dripped the honey up and down the petals.
"And then, of course, we medicine cats can use the honey, and the flowers, to make cats feel better."
He gestured to his 'creation', his eyes flicking between the now-entranced Sapkit and his mentor, who had taken to sitting back and watching Daisypaw's strange charade. 

"Your herbs await you madame, created special by both bee and me."
    Daisypetals gave the young she-cat a wink. Although it had been moons since her last refusal to eat the herbs given to her, the ritual of the drizzled honey had become something of a trademark between himself and the young she-cat. It was one that Daisypetals would be hesitant to ever give up. 

OOC: hope you don't mind that I inserted a whole flashback story lol

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 1, 2021 5:04:35 GMT

SAPPAW

The small she-cat snorted a short huff of laughter at the tom’s suggestion. Fixing her gaze in a dark twinkle, Sappaw chided, ”Surely you joke. I’m always careful- I’m not about to eat whatever I find on the ground like Rootpaw.” Chatting with Daisypetals was always enjoyable, his company comfortable and unwilling to force Sappaw to speak if she didn’t want it. That was what made it so zesty to converse with him. Still, she couldn’t allow herself to become too distracted as her insides wiggled.

Sappaw gingerly rolled one of the pale berries over with a paw, studying them with a stern look as if to register their glossy shape within the archive in her mind. It was only as she picked up the medicine cat’s soft mumblings did she look over to see Daisypetals still rummaging through his stock. Sappaw twitched an ear, a bit perplexed; she was familiar enough to know that these were likely all she would need to take. However, as the brown and white cat pulled back from his stores, the apprentice felt her eyes widen.

From his paw dripped a nostalgic syrup as its rich scent met her scent glands, and with it came a memory she had tucked away. It allowed for her insides to relax for a moment as she recalled their history, a small smile on her face. However, her dark brow was knitted together softly as she purred lowly, ”I appreciate it, Daisypetals, but isn’t honey better used as a salve for sore throats?” She looked down in slight defeat as she continued sheepishly, ”I wouldn’t want you to waste it.” However, she gave a light gasp, snapping her head up to face him as he proceeded to drizzle the honey over her berries. She felt her insides swell and warm at the sentiment.

At one time, she had believed Daisypetals had been sweetening her medicines because she was a kit, and one too unfortunate to spend her youth with a fair amount of allergies and physical limitations. However, it had come to her in time that perhaps the tom was simply as fond of her company as she was of his, and the honey was his way of treating her. But now she was no longer a kit; she didn’t believe she deserved the same softness. And yet, she truly didn’t want to turn it down.

As he gave her a cheeky little wink, the ruddy she-cat felt her barrier of reservation crumble down. With a flash of gratitude in her brown eyes and an emotional sniffle, she ducked over and began to eat the candies berries methodically as she savored the medley of flavors.

notes::  no sweat! i thought it was really sweet. thank you ♥

format borrowed from
Last Edit: Sept 1, 2021 5:05:14 GMT by mew

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ginger Avatar

ginger

Post by ginger on Sept 7, 2021 18:25:57 GMT

Daisypetals donned a small, secretive smile as he heard Sappaw's protest. Of course she would say he did not need to give her honey. She was a big, brave apprentice now after all. She could take her herbs without sweeteners. And, as could have been expected from a bright and studious young cat such as herself. Sappaw was quick to tell Daisypetals of his flagrant misusing of the wonderful tasty substance.
    "I should have known I could never sneak something past you," Daisypetals quipped back, though he continued to allow the sticky liquid gold to drip from his paw. 
    Sappaw had always been one of the few kits and apprentices that Daisypetals could really believe had a genuine interest in what he was saying. Sure, there were a few here and there that would stop to listen, or at least pretend to care what he was talking about for a while. But Sappaw had always seemed to want more than that out of her visits with him. She seemed to actually want to learn. Honestly, he would not have been surprised if Cedarswirl had been thinking about making Sappaw his apprentice rather than choosing Daisy. 
    She could have been a good healer, Daisypetals thought to himself as he watched Sappaw dutifully chewing the now-sticky berries. Though I would hate for her to have to shoulder all this responsibility when she is so young.
    Perhaps that was the very reason that Cedarswirl had chosen someone older. Surely, with the former medicine cat's advanced moons, he had to be somewhat conscious of the fact that he would not be around for a long time. Many cats would say that Cedarswirl had waited far too long to take an apprentice. By the time Daisypetals, then known only as Daisy, began training with him, Cedarswirl had long since been one of the oldest cats in OakClan. He was only able to train Daisypetals for a mere five moons before StarClan summoned him. Daisypetals often wondered what would have become of the clan if Cedarswirl had chosen to wait longer. Would they be without a medicine cat? One day, Daisypetals knew, he too would have to take an apprentice and teach them the ways of being a medicine cat in the hopes that when he was gone, the knowledge imparted upon him by Cedarswirl could still go on to help future generations. The only question was when. Daisypetals was a young tomcat, hardly into the second year of his life. And yet, in the wild, every day could be one's last. Any day, he could leave the clan without their medicine cat. And yet, if he took one too soon, he would not be ready to pass on his own knowledge, as it was still developing. Everything seemed far too complex. But, that decision could wait. 
    "You know, there is another advantage to prescribing honey," Daisypetals mewed, once again giving Sappaw a coy smile. He licked at his paw, savoring the taste of the sweet, sticky honey. "Someone has to do the clean up."

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 16, 2021 4:17:59 GMT

SAPPAW

The apprentice stifled a giggle, bashful of the praise she inadvertently earned from the tom’s quip, but proud nonetheless. Finishing her mouthful, she beamed back up at Daisypetals with a bit of honey still stuck to her chin, for once looking her age. The small tabby was quick to notice, however, and quickly worked to clean it with a preening paw. ”Well, of course! I do try my best to listen,” she chirped back playfully. She could still feel the lingering sweetness of the golden goodness as it helped to fuel her smile.

It was refreshing. Soothing, even, More than just for her aching stomach, but a balm for her heart. So much of her time was spent comparing herself to her peers as she struggled from task to task learning as much as she could muster. Taking a moment to breathe and appreciate her natural gifts of perception was healing in its own way, and Daisypetals had always seemed to be a fixture in facilitating such a feeling. Sappaw couldn’t help but purr contentedly, letting her tail tip swish back and forth against the ground. Perhaps this was the motivation that could help push her further in her training- working harder meant more bumps and bruises than usual, but it would be worth the effort with a reward to dangle in front of herself.

As the medicine cat continued in a soft voice, the ruddy tabby tipped her head up to look at the cream tom. There was a cheeky glitter in his eyes that caught her attention as he shared his little secret with her, pulling a wide grin onto Sappaw’s face. She could feel the throws of laughter churning her belly, but she swallowed them down with a tight chuckle, ”Oh, such wisdom to receive!” She beamed at Daisypetals with delight as she continued, ”Please do continue to share your sage knowledge with me. I have so much to learn.” There was a teasing tone to her voice as she lightly prodded him in the flank, though she straightened up a bit only a moment later.

Something still wiggled at the bottom of her belly. It was a thought she knew she had pondered before a few times, but never one she bothered with now that she was training to become a warrior. She had always wondered what made a medicine cat, or how they were decided upon. Tales of cats who saw signs or kits who walked with Starclan in their dreams had been occasionally shared by the clan elders, but it was never something Sappaw had been able to gain first-paw accounts on. No one she knew had seen of such a thing; rather, she had been told Daisypetals’ story in broken pieces between himself and his past mentor. She hadn’t remembered too much of Cedarswirl; only his voice and scent drew close to mind. But she knew he was kind and wise, and had taken an outsider under his guidance. Sappaw had always found Daisypetals’ story moving and inspiring, the tale of an underdog working his way up from sorrow. She was sure her lamentations held little weight in comparison to his, but it helped her to see that there was hope in her future. In her studies.

With a small sigh, the russet apprentice allowed herself to return to reality as her thoughts melted away, the scents of the medicine cat’s den flooding her senses once more. She hummed softly to herself, as if in an effort to distract herself. After a moment, she stood and dipped her head politely to the older tom, a sheepish look reflected in her almond eyes. ”I...uh...appreciate it, Daisypetals. I won’t take up anymore of your time.”

notes:: n/a

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ginger Avatar

ginger

Post by ginger on Sept 20, 2021 14:09:31 GMT

The fluffy medicine cat purred, his heart warm at the feeling of accomplishment that rushed over him when he knew he had done well with a patient. And by the smile on Sappaw's face, and the sticky honey that lingered on both of their maws, Daisypetals had done very well. Although the tomcat had been practicing medicine on his own for a few moons now, having no choice but to take on full medicine cat duties after Cedarswirl's death, he often could not help but feel as if he were no more than an apprentice masquerading as someone who knew what they were doing. In his mind, he was still standing in the shadow of Cedarswirl, always hoping that his mentor would swoop in to set him back on the right path whenever he went astray. 
    'One day, you will have to do these things for yourself.' 
    Daisypetals had repeated this in his head so many times that he could no longer recall whether it was something Cedarswirl had told him, or something he had merely made up. 
    Truly, Daisypetals wished with all of his heart that one day he would feel more sure that his paws were indeed on the right path. One day he would know that Cedarswirl was proud of the choice he had made in making Daisypetals his successor. And, little by little, Daisypetals was beginning to believe those wishes could actually come true. And of course, the laughter of Sappaw made that dream feel even more in reach. This was the life Daisypetals had wished for. He wanted to be a healer, yes, but he wanted to feel as if he was healing more than just the body. He wanted to be a healer for the heart, the mind, the soul. He wanted to fix broken bones and broken hearts, sour stomaches and sour attitudes. 
    The medicine cat licked at his honey-covered lips, pulling himself out of his own mind. Across from him, it looked as if Sappaw was in the exact same position. The medicine cat caught her eye once more, offering her one more smile. As she glanced over at him, however, he thought for a moment that he saw something else in her expression, as if she had a question that she was not sure how to ask. Or, perhaps she knew exactly how to ask the question, and she was merely waiting for the right moment. Or, and this may have been the most likely answer, perhaps the young Molly truly had nothing left to say to him, and was merely thinking about what sort of training she was going to be getting back to as soon as he allowed her to go on her way. With other apprentices, Daisypetals would go through a repetitive spiel about how they needed to rest, and not to go too hard right after leaving the medicine cat den. But, truthfully, he saw little reason to go through all of that with Sappaw. She had already heard it all hundreds of times before. Honestly, she could probably repeat everything back to him if he asked her to. And besides, Daisypetals knew that there was little hope that he could keep the determined young Molly away from her studies for too long. All he would ever accomplish by telling her she had to rest in her nest all day would be causing her to mope about, wish she were off training, and possibly cause herself to be even more nauseous as she worried.
    "“”I...uh...appreciate it, Daisypetals. I won’t take up anymore of your time."
    Once again, Daisypetals smiled, dipping his head back to the apprentice. Although he did his best to hide it, a close observer would notice the smallest hint of worry on his brow. He could tell that there was still something troubling the young she-cat, whether that was something serious or not. Still, the medicine cat did not push. If Sappaw wished to speak to him, she would always know where to find him. 
    "You are welcome to take up all the time you wish my dear."

OOC: we can end here or keep goin

Global Moderator

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 28, 2021 15:34:02 GMT

SAPPAW

The little apprentice was stuck in a mental deadlock; she didn’t feel as if she deserved to take up OakClan’s solitary medicine cat’s time when she was sure it could be better spent elsewhere. Rather, she felt she was being selfish in her efforts to rush back to training when she knew what the expectation of her was. Regardless, Sappaw was steadfast in her decisions. Why do they have to be so hard to make though?

Chancing a glance back up at Daisypetals, the ruddy tabby bit back a wobbly frown as she locked onto the subtle worry knitted into the tom’s brow. His words, however, helped her wall of anxiety to tumble down as the soothing sensation flared back up. Sappaw offered a small sniffle and sat down, pinning her dark gaze back to the ground with a hard scowl. After a moment, she meowed in a low voice, ”Are you sure you don’t mind?”

Her ears felt burned with embarrassment at her sheepish request. Of course she’d want to stay and listen to Daisypetals if given the opportunity; after all, she had nothing else to get in the way of it. She could rest her body here in the medicine cat’s den just as well as in her nest, so long as she just listened to what the cream cat had to say. She’d be good, she wouldn’t push herself, so long as she could stay.

With flattened ears and a gaze avoiding Daisypetals’, Sappaw simply awaited his response.

notes:: i'm cool either way, so whatever you prefer

format borrowed from

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar