Night of Peace(?) - GATHERING

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Aug 30, 2021 22:51:43 GMT

BELLWING
she/her • dawnclan warrior

Bellwing offered a light purr as Magpiesight acknowledged her, dipping her head in a little nod as the other she-cat murmured in agreement at the placid starry sky and the warm Greenleaf breeze. It was as soothing an evening as one could ask for and the blue queen was sure to enjoy it as long as she could. As her calico conversation partner continued, the DawnClan warrior softly hummed in understanding.

”The heat certainly keeps the furry prey away, but at least they have to come out to drink at some point,” cooed Bellwing with an echo of laughter to her lilting voice. She hoped that the NightClan queen wouldn’t have taken any offense, but she felt herself relax as Magpiesight introduced herself; a formal invitation to continue, she took it. ”It’s very nice to meet you, Magpiesight. My name’s Bellwing.” There was a surprisingly warmth to the she-cat’s blue eyes as she gently allowed her tail to slide across the misty grass comfortably. Twitching one of her dark ears, Bellwing turned to glance off in the direction where a small cluster of cats seemed to form around one of her clanmates. Quirking up one brow, she giggled softly to Magpiesight, ”Who would’ve thought Mothmaw was such a socialite?” However, the blue tabby had little interest in the burly tom’s conversation, returning her attention to Magpiesight. With a beaming look, she offered the calico queen the conversational floor.

notes:: i didn't know what else to have her talk about ^^'
tags:: 
~~~

REDFANG
he/him • nightclan warrior

The young warrior frowned slightly, having been unaware that Crowdance had seemed to be snapped up by a large DawnClan warrior before Redfang could stop his words from falling out of his mouth. He noted how the larger, hairy tom glowered his way, though he did little more than that. Redfang recognized the warrior as Mothmaw of DawnClan, and was at least appreciative that the senior warrior hadn’t clawed his ears off in the process. Instead, he seemed to straighten himself out a bit as another of the DawnClanner’s acquaintances joined them. Redfang wondered if he had perhaps wrapped himself up in a situation he’d rather not be in, but there was no helping him now.

The furtive tone to the older tom’s words as he spoke seemed to throttle Redfang as he attempted to digest what Mothmaw had proposed. The concept was nothing he had ever heard of before, and it honestly sounded as hair-brained as some of Pinkfish’s antics. And yet, he somehow found value in what the DawnClanner had offered. Amber eyes glanced over to Crowdance as the ruddy tabby awaited his clamate’s reply, curious to see what the jetty warrior thought. At least if there was some consensus amongst them, maybe Redfang could somehow assist. If not, he could always play it off as some bad dream.

notes:: 
~~~

THISTLEMINT
he/him • oakclan warrior

The black and white warrior grimaced as the tabby she-cat prattled on after he released her, lost in her own words as he simply blinked, waiting for her to find a natural stopping point. After all, it was the norm for conversing with the energetic warrior. At least he found some humor in her as the tom chuckled lightly as she grumbled, ”Maybe they shouldn't be in my way then."

”Indeed,” he offered simply as his gaze scanned back over to the cluster of cats a little ways off. His neutral mood, however, flexed in ire as words continued to flow from Wildfrog as water would a river. Shaking his head, he lightly cuffed her over one brown ear and hissed, ”Not actual fish, you idiot. Now shh!” Pale green eyes blazed as he locked her in his gaze before smoothing out his mristle pelt and relaxing into his belly against the ground. Gesturing his dark tail in a small wave, he hoped Wildfrog would follow suit.

”Now listen, he urged in a tight voice as his large ears perked keenly in order to fulfill their purpose. A snide grin scrawled across Thistlemint handsome features as he discovered a delicious morsel of news, delivered directly from the mouth of the warrior Wildfrog had name-dropped. ”Oh oh? Mothmaw, you naughty boy,” the harlequin warrior snickered in a low voice. Now that was worth his time; a secret gathering of warriors and apprentices, meeting up to trade blows. It certainly had piqued his interests. How ever would he use such sweet information? A few scrappy faces crossed his mind with a glint in his eye; yes, he would make sure that this supreme insight would not go unutilized.

notes:: lol hope that wasn't a secret mothmaw
~
~

PINKFISH
she/her • nightclan warrior

The cream queen furrowed her brows as she genuinely listened to her clanmate, the rest of the murmurings of the crowd fading into a dull white noise. While she herself had loved all the hustle and bustle of the gatherings, Pinkfish could at least sympathize with Antpaw at his plight. She nodded as he spoke evenly, her curls bouncing in the eventide light as her green gaze shuttered behind red lids thoughtfully. She was quiet for a moment, uncharacteristically so for one familiar enough with her, before blinking back at Antpaw with a firm smile. In a low voice, she mused, ”Alright then. Follow me.”

She stood up, though she waited for Antpaw’s reaction before wandering off too far. She wondered if the apprentice, as mature as he apparently seemed, would follow. If the boisterous clowder was a bit too much, then Antpaw was in luck; with as much of a stinker as Pinkfish was as an apprentice, she was privy to many secretive spots atop the mist plateau in her effort to sneak away from her mentor over the moons.

The silky tabby gave the younger NightClanner an encouraging little nod of her head before turning towards a small collection of shrubbery. Parting the foliage with a foreleg revealed a narrow path along the edge of the misty clearing that separated the main area from the nook all the while still within earshot and view of the toppled pines where the leaders’ took their place. With a final swish of her dark rose tail, Pinkfish ducked into the shrubby path, leaving Antpaw to decide the fate of his night.

notes::  she can be chill too, sometimes...

format borrowed from
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

terra Avatar

terra

Post by terra on Aug 31, 2021 16:00:19 GMT

Magpiesight | NightClan Warrior

"Bellwing." She mused, smiling warming at her companion. "The name suits you." Tall, pretty, graceful. Bellwing was the perfect name for the DawnClan warrior.

At the mention of Mothmaw, the calico turned her head to the large furry tom, who did indeed seem to be in deep conversation with some of her own clanmates. "Indeed. He never seemed to be very talkative, from what I've seen at least." She had seen the fluffy tom a few times at Gatherings, but never bothered to introduce herself to him. Humming in thought, tail flicking, she turned her attention away from Mothmaw; it wasn't really important to her who the DawnClan tom spoke to. He seemed to be getting along with her clanmates, so she saw no reason to be concerned.

"There seems to be quite a few apprentices here tonight." She meowed, changing the subject. "Are you training one of them?" Magpiesight herself didn't have an apprentice, but she hoped that she would receive one in the future. She would probably have to wait a while before that happened though, as there weren't any kits in NightClan as of yet; the youngest apprentice began their training not that long ago.

--
Tagging:

Global Moderator

I have nothing to say.

Broadfae Avatar

Broadfae

Post by Broadfae on Sept 1, 2021 2:18:56 GMT

Badgerpaw would have been confused for a moment for the she-cat's interjection - she was almost agreeing with him, piling onto the taunting of the Oakclan cat - but he remembered that she wasn't his friend, his clanmate - and therefore was beneath him in all ways. What was momentarily taken aback turned into a sullen pout as he sniffed; nose in the air at the fact that she even dared to call him anything - lumping him in with the red-furred dunderhead who clearly couldn't find his own camp if someone lead him to it by the ears.

These were the kind of cats that Mothmaw wanted him to talk to, to suss out whether or not they were worthy of their little idea? The only reason he'd talk them into coming along willingly would be so that they made him look all the better - as they hardly seemed to be worthy opponent material.

"Says you - callin' me a slowpoke. I could run circles around you. Only good your clan's for is rolling in mud and being giant lizard chow - everyone knows that." He sniffed; careful to show off the fact that his coat was nice and well kept, well groomed and thick, adding to his clearly superior bulk. Unlike either Beepaw or Crimsonpaw, Badgerpaw's build was surely made for both disappearance AND comfort - he didn't look like a half drowned rat or a ridiculously red buffoon.

"Of course - I bet if given the chance to even try and prove that you were better than the likes of me - you all'd just go run for the hills." He started, giving a good look over his claws as if it would somehow mask the humble brag - but only succeeding in making him look even more like a pompous ass. "It's pretty easy to be brave and talk big with the whole 'ceremonial peace' going on...isn't that right?"

Tags: 

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Sept 1, 2021 8:22:21 GMT

Webshine

Her brother was... a bit transparent, at times. All she could hope for was that he wasn't getting into trouble, at least not as much trouble, as when they were apprentices.

"Yes... It does seem rather large." She murmured thoughtfully, letting herself focus her sight on the moon rather than the mildly increasing chaos around her. It was easier that way, anyways. Her vision and hearing has always been keen, although she never felt particularly motivated to use it for chores such as hunting or spying on Oakclan patrols. In fact, the buzzing of the other clans made her glad to live in the mountains. How did the other cats manage to live around the constant noise of the wildlife around them? Dawnclan had plenty of their own creatures, but it was nothing compared to the forest around them now. Zoning out would be easier. She had no duties currently, after all.

Shifting backwards so she had ample space in front of her, Webshine stretched leisurely before curling into a ball beside Driftstorm. It may be unorthodox, but she wasn't breaking any rules.

"...Please, don't let them step on me..." She whispered, before closing her eyes.

---

Cinderstorm

Sitting neatly with her tail curled by her paws, Cinderstorm kept her posture straight and rigid. The tension was stiff in the air, and she had to do her part to prove Oakclan was as admirable as any other clan, especially their warriors.

As she waited quietly, pointedly ignoring the bickering not too far from her, a flash of white and brown shoved past her, meowing half-coherent apologies as she made her way through.

Exhaling deeply, Cinderstorm sprinted after the energy filled feline. Dodging her clanmates was no easy task, but the she-cat had left a mildly easy path for her to follow.

"Wildfrog! Why are you running? Is there an emergency of some sort?" Cinderstorm had to give her the benefit of the doubt, even as annoyance nipped at her for her clanmate's kit-like behavior. In front of Dawnclan and Nightclan, no less!

//

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 2, 2021 22:11:53 GMT

wildfrog tuned out thistlemint and mothmaw's conversation*** and turned her attention to cinderstorm, who was coming towards her. "oh, hey cinderstorm! just getting a good seat for the gathering. i didn't mean to shove you, if i did. no hard feelings, right? your pelt looks amazing tonight by the way! did you groom?" she gazed at the pretty older warrior. wildfrog was surprised why she didn't have a mate yet! she, then, remembered she had left thistlemint mid-sentence. "ah- thistlemint, what were you talking about? was it something important?" looking at the two cats side by side gave her an idea.

"thistlemint, doesn't cinderstorm look beautiful tonight under the moonlight?" she smirked, nudging him closer to the she-cat.

(***ooc: probably for the best that wildfrog doesn't hear about fight club because she will never shut up about it, and that's the first rule of fight club. there is no fight club.)

thankfully, webshine had fallen for his moon distraction, and pinkfish hadn't come nearby. he watched as she talked with an apprentice. maybe it was her apprentice? he wanted to talk to her so badly, but if she didn't want to come to him, he wasn't going to go to her. maybe playing hard to get would be the better idea, for their budding relationship, as well as for secrecy with his clan.

he watched as his sister stretched and curled beside him. "...please, don't let them step on me..." driftstorm smiled and leaned in close enough to touch whiskers. "i make no promises." he giggled, then gently tapped her with his tail. "alright, i'll protect you."

"alright then. follow me." the pink warrior said, leading him away. his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. he remained where he seated for a moment, unsure of what to do. after a few heartbeats, he stood and decided to follow her. she led him to an enclosed shrubbery that allowed him to listen to the gathering while avoiding others. "thank you." he murmured, and watched as the warrior turned to leave.

"wait," he called out. "...you can stay, if you want. i don't mind the company of one, unless you have other plans. if so, thank you for showing me this spot." antpaw smiled gently.

tagged:

she/they
pinklapine#6969 on Discord
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

dawnclan: driftstorm
oakclan: wildfrog
nightclan: antpaw, honeybriar
outsiders: shade, minou

Administrator

I have nothing to say.

Tactical Avatar

Tactical

Post by Tactical on Sept 7, 2021 17:09:08 GMT

The black tom didn't even return Foxstars greeting. On the contrary had he had the chance he would have ripped her apart. He gave a glare before looking back at Spiderstar. "I'm fine." His tone was cold, and it was clear there was a sense of distaste in the toms words and body language. HE was however a man who did enjoy making an entrance so he wasn't about to let Oakclan spoil the fun.

He walked towards the front of the group purposefully giving Foxstar a nudge on his way by before letting out a yowl to simmer the chatter down. "I think it was in our right for Nightclan to speak." He mewed. It was clear that he was taunting Oakclan."Prey is running wonderfully despite it being almost leaf-fall." He started. His whiskers twitched slightly with amusement."We spotted some large pawprints on Dawn and Nightclan's borders assuming it belonged to a stray wolf.. patrols on Oakclan side well...we ACCIDENTALLY chased a badger across the border..we didn't want to cause any further problems by crossing marked borders...you know for Starclans sake." With a cheeky grin he took a step back. At least he was nice enough to give a warning.

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 8, 2021 12:54:53 GMT

BELLWING
she/her • dawnclan warrior

As Magpiesight added to her comment of the gathering crowd, Bellwing dipped her head in a nod. It seemed the topic then shifted to another aspect of the meeting as a few apprentices flew by, and it prompted a soft giggle of amusement from the blue queen. ”Ah yes, though not one of these youngsters. My Wolfpaw was only recently made an apprentice and wasn’t chosen to join us this evening.” Thinking of the timid dark tabby, Bellwing’s expression softened and continued, ”Although I believe that’s probably for the best; he’s not as energetic as some of his denmates.” She hummed thoughtfully. ”Perhaps I’ll try to bring him to the next moon’s gathering,” she finally concluded.

Turning her attention back to the battleworn calico, Bellwing mused, ”How about you, Magiepiesight?” From the look of the NightClan queen, Bellwing wondered if she was a well-recognized warrior despite her youth. They appeared to be nearly the same age, and despite being seasoned members of their clans, Bellwing felt she still lacked some experience. Perhaps that was what she sought during all her aimless wanderings across their territory. Shaking the thought from her mind, she instead was more interested in Magpiesight’s story.

~~~

THISTLEMINT
he/him • oakclan warrior

The young tom couldn’t help flattening his ears with a small growl tickling his throat as Wildfrog’s voice continued behind him, seemingly having found another victim to talk at. Having gotten the information he needed, however, he had little to find issue with as far as the bright tabby distracting him. Turning around to return his attention to his clanmate, the black and white warrior shot the she-cat a leery look as he attempted to catch the last thing that raced out of her mouth.

Glancing to one side, he noticed that it was Cinderstorm who had become the unfortunate cat to catch herself in Wildfrog’s verbal web. ”Hm?” was all he could get out before the tabby warrior was nudging him and forcing him closer to the slate grey warrior. Curling his lip in a frown, the harlequin cat batted roughly back at Wildfrog as she ruffled his neat pelt. ”What do you think you are doing? he snapped sharply. He shook bruskly to settle his coat before adding with a narrowed gaze, ”She’s at least more put-together than you.”

~
~

PINKFISH
she/her • nightclan warrior

Pinkfish blinked in mild surprise as Antpaw softly offered for her to stay. The rosy she-cat flashed a small smile and dipped her head briefly before collapsing into a comfortable laid position a few whisker-lengths away. Pulling her thick tail over her paws, she visibly relaxed some.

The peace was a refreshing change of pace from the usual buzz of her gathering experiences, and after her failure to track the elusive Driftdork, she was appreciative of Antpw’s company, even if it were in silence. Pinkfish was a social cat, and it comforted her to be near others rather than off on her own, even in a place as busy as the mist plateau. However, before she could get too lost in her thoughts, it sounded as if the announcements were starting as Eveningstar’s voice boomed over the clearing. Perking her ears, she settled in to listen.

format borrowed from
Last Edit: Sept 8, 2021 12:58:58 GMT by mew
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Sept 9, 2021 7:08:37 GMT

"Wildfrog!" Cinderstorm scolded, abashed at the sudden influx of compliments. How was she supposed to react to that? And now there was another fellow warrior dragged into the younger warrior's antics. Cinderstorm needed to deescalate the situation, and fast.

"I appreciate your kind words, but there's no need." Her meow hitched as Thistlemint was pushed towards her, and she pointedly looked away from him as she murmured, "I apologize on her behalf. I'm certain Wildfrog will calm herself once the announcements begin." Cinderstorm shot her clanmate a stern look, trying to let the thought of whether her comments were sincere or not worm its way further into her mind. Keeping herself presentable and proper was important, yes, but the proper attitude and etiquette for a warrior mattered more than anything else. Wildfrog seemed to be having trouble showing either of those traits.

//

Apprentice

Hippity Hoppity coming for your property

Kazuko Avatar

Kazuko

Post by Kazuko on Sept 9, 2021 11:15:51 GMT

Crimsonpaw's fur ruffled at all of the comments thrown his way. Usually he was the one at the forefront of a conversation, being loud and obnoxious as always - just as he liked it. Here though, were cats who didn't know him, and were happy to insult him without a second thought. It really ruffled his pelt the wrong way - why couldn't he take charge as normal? The presence of other cats wasn't too intimidating - was it? No. He was just taken by surprise. Yeah, that was it.

"You're lucky this is a gathering." Crimsonpaw huffed, his fur bristling over his shoulders as he snapped lightly at Badgerpaw, "Otherwise you'd be beaten into the plateau by this point!" The apprentice shuffled, "Just wait til I meet either of you two at a border!"

The tension in the air as Foxstar joined the darker duo was unbelievable. Eveningstar didn't greet her... Spiderstar shuffled as she sat, her eyes narrowing slightly. Something had happened between the two clans, without a doubt. They can't fight - this is a gathering! I'll have to intervene... The she-cat's tail twitched as she thought. This wasn't good at all. What could have happened? Someone might have tresspassed on the others territory, or there was a border scuffle, or another code broken, prey stolen. There really was a lot of possibilities.

As Eveningstar stepped forwards to start the ceremony, Spiderstar bowed her head slightly to listen, closing her eyes for a moment. It seemed to start rather normally, until the badger. The she-cat opened her right eye as she heard, muffling an intake of breath. Would that be the cause of the tension...? No - Foxstar would have reacted more so, and Eveningstar wouldn't have directed it so pointedly. That was a subtle attack, further solidified by the grin.

As Eveningstar retreated, Spiderstar took a step forwards, giving Foxstar a rather pointed look - she had to make sure that she got her news in before the OakClan cat gave a snippy reply, because there was always the chance that it could devolve into chaos.

"DawnClan has been well this moon. We have four new apprentices - Moosepaw, Newtpaw, Wolfpaw and Badgerpaw. Yes, I can confirm that we are aware of a wolf roaming the territory, but as far as we know, it is a single wolf, so DawnClan will prepare themselves, but we are not in danger. That's all." She then stepped back again, though didn't sit down, almost anticipating Foxstar's reply to Eveningstar. This would be... entertaining.

Ebonyrose (she/her) - OakClan Leader
Leafheart (he/him) - NightClan Warrior
Spiderspirit (she/her) - DawnClan Warrior
Oliver (he/they) - Kittypet

Global Moderator

I have nothing to say.

Broadfae Avatar

Broadfae

Post by Broadfae on Sept 12, 2021 1:34:44 GMT

@bits

Badgerpaw could have taken Crimsonpaw's ears off - would have too, for being so bold and saying they could pound him into the plateau. He knew nothing; stupid, smelly tree-climber that he was; stinking of the forest and just a general aura of defeat. "Everyone know that your clan's just full of a bunch of leaf-eating kittypet lovers." He growled, tail lashing. "I 'd like to see you try and take me on...although I suppose that would mean you weren't a coward, Mouseypaw."

He didn't think Crimsonpaw was right for the plan...but then again his claws itched to get the chance at getting at their fur, covered over by the fact that many of the bigger cats around them were talking, the black tom tilted his head, dropping his voice lower.

"Why wait for a stupid border skirmish - you want to face me, so ready to be beat up - I know just the place...all you need to do is - "

He trailed off detailing his plans outright, as the leaders above them began to talk. You didn't interrupt the leaders, after all - especially when his name was among some of the first to be called. 

There wasn't even an act of civility there. Not that she would be sure to suspect any sort of tact from the likes of Eveningstar. He was about as subtle as a twoleg dog and twice as braggadocious. Of course, he'd force his way into talking first; and she felt the fur along her hackles rise ever so slightly as he pulled out some story about a badger. He couldn't honestly think his story would be better believed than her own, did he.

Her eyes flicked to the heavens above her - the glittering pelt of Starclan spread among them, as if half expecting for some star to fall dark or strike the arrogant tom for his blatant lies. No such luck; which left it to her to bring out the truth, and with much better tact and consideration.

"A badger, Eveningstar?" She queried. "The only black and white bully I've had the misfortune of coming across was yourself. Perhaps it was your reflection that startled you." She would not get physical here - but that did not mean that she would keep her tongue to herself. "Oakclan has a very different memory of that day, which makes it clear that it was no accidental crossing; but it is behind us." She turned ever so slightly to acknowledge Spiderstar with a slight nod - she had no quarrel with older she-cat, but she could see the spikes of her fur just the same. She wanted to assure them that - were any blows to come this night, they would not, nor ever had been, started by herself.

"I thank Dawnclan for their warning and consideration about the possible threat; we'll keep an careful eye on our shared borders and get word if the sight of a lone wolf resurfaces. As for...badgers...we'll deal handily with them as well whenever they wander in from the swamps. Just for...clarification's sake that would mean Oakclan keeping careful patrols along the areas of camp which include the old twolegger's bridge - and all prey and herbs that grow there."

They had dealt with other black and white menaces handily enough, after all; that sharp little look - that little dare of a challenge for him to double call his own bluff with the heavily laden hints in her own story.

"We have three newer apprentices added to our ranks; Fawnpaw, Curlypaw and Sappaw. We are also welcoming in a fine litter of kits; so our future is strong and secure, and our numbers many." Yes, her clan had come out on top - no matter what story he wanted to try and weave to paint them as villains - they had come out on top.

Even so, she couldn't help getting one last dig in. "We'll be sure to keep the smaller, younger members of our clan away from the borders though. With predators about I wouldn't dream of being so careless at to let unescorted apprentices out and about in possibly dangerous situations." She was fairly certain it hadn't been her imagination, nor that of her clanmates who had confirmed it; but there had been a young cat amongst that raiding party's numbers. She couldn't imagine any cat being so fool enough as to bring one along to such a bloody and senseless situation - for something that was simply about greed and less about life and death - but then again, clearly she wasn't Eveningstar. 

She still had a hefty bit of her dignity after the fact, for one thing.

@admin

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Sept 12, 2021 16:12:00 GMT

beepaw 

Beepaw was thriving on the conversation she found herself in. Though she was happy to match the boisterous claims of her other-clan peers, she did so with the underlying glee of a competitive apprentice dropped into a new challenge. And if that challenge included the possibility of facing off against another? Fantastic. Bright green eyes flicked from Crimsonpaw to Badgerpaw as the two spoke, tracking the exchange and basking in the tension.

"... callin' me a slowpoke ..."

"Yeah, 'cause carrying all that fluff around is really gonna speed you up," she snickered, finding the notion of a speedy Dawnclanner oddly hilarious. The mention of lizard-chow was met with a bark of a laugh and a glint in her eyes.

"I'd love to see you try and deal with one of them. Even apprentices know how to - you think you can?" The mental image of a bumbling Oakclanner or dense Dawnclanner trying to out-manouevre one of the lizards ... Beepaw was already excited to try the riskier gambits whispered of by her fellow Nightclan apprentices, it was surprising to find out she could be more excited. Badgerpaw's continued taunts only added to her rush.

Then it was the Oakclan apprentice speaking up, and with gusto. Watching Crimsonpaw bristle didn't bother Beepaw - she wasn't great at interpreting others' expressions, and it didn't occur to her that either apprentice could be off-put by the current tone of the exchange. She enjoyed riling others up, and in turn enjoyed being challenged.

"...  otherwise you'd be beaten into the plateau by this point!"

Though Crimsonpaw was the one to speak, Beepaw's sharp grin was shot towards Badgerpaw in anticipation of a response. She seemed to find a comfortable niche where she could pile on to either apprentice's remarks - whatever spurred them onwards and upwards in this exchange. Before any of them could continue, the leaders were speaking and Beepaw tore her attention to try and focus on that instead. Even so, the small apprentice snuck glances towards both Crimsonpaw and Badgerpaw - smirking at the latter when his name was called. "Glad you finally managed to find your way out of the nursery," she whispered. Okay, so "silently listening to her elders" wasn't one of her strength. Part of her was waiting with bated breath to find out what Badgerpaw had been about to suggest.

Last Edit: Sept 12, 2021 16:12:50 GMT by bits
cedarsong - they/them, dawnclan
blueshade - he/him, oakclan
beepaw - she/her, nightclan

Global Moderator

I have nothing to say.

Broadfae Avatar

Broadfae

Post by Broadfae on Sept 19, 2021 16:55:21 GMT

The fluffy black and white tom stuck his nose so high in the air one might have assumed he was trying to touch the stars of Silverpelt with it; staring down at the other two with a sort of imperious look. If it hadn't been obvious before that he was judging them, it was certainly now. Were they really the sorts of apprentices that Mothmaw had told him to look out for? Or was it just his own annoyance at them that was spurring him on to make this decision. He wanted to think carefully - but at the same time, the comment on his apparently slowness - that he was all fluff and no speed - was the straw that pushed things over for him. It didn't matter if they were the perfect sorts, the cats Mothmaw wanted - the chance to beat both these cats, to prove his superiority, was beyond tempting. Wipe the smirks and smiles off their faces, he would.

"Why go after lizards at all when we go for real prey? So that doesn't matter at all." He sniffed. "But besides the point - seems like you've got a lot of talk for a mud-lover and a leaf-eater...so why not put it to good use. There's a little bit of an idea going around about how real cats are gonna be able to prove just what sort of fighters they are...no soft-paws allowed. That is...unless you're scared."

And here he dropped his voice, a smirk of his own crossing his muzzle, the challenge evident in his body as he outlayed the plan that Mothmaw had been dictating to him over the past few weeks of his apprenticeship.

Administrator

I have nothing to say.

Tactical Avatar

Tactical

Post by Tactical on Oct 7, 2021 12:34:57 GMT

Eveningstar narrowed his eyes as the annoying lull of Foxstars voice rang through his ears. How bold of her to make statements as such. He sneered slightly, tail lashing waiting for her to finish. "I think your eyes are beginning to fail last i checked not a speck of white on my body." He chuckled slightly clearly amused by her attempt to retort against his own statement. He would be embarrassed to be an Oakclan warrior right now.

"If I recall Foxstar one of your own warriors went after said young apprentice...such honor your warriors fight with." His tone was clearly sarcastic as he bunched up his hind legs jumping off the log settled in the plateua. "I'd triple your patrols Foxstar...we aren't done yet." With that he flicked his tail signaling it was time for NightClan to head back home. He had a lot of things to plan out. He would show Foxstar who the strongest clan really was.

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar