Written in the Stars

i have four left feet | p

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 14, 2021 4:15:45 GMT

ooc. jokes on both of us, my very special thread starter is "oh hey i nearly trampled you can i interest you in an apology lunch :)"

cedarsong

Soft white paws padded over the needles lining the edge of one of the camp's nests. Cedarsong crept out from within, the ghostly tendrils of sleep almost enough to turn them right back around. They weren't certain how long it had been since they'd last had a decent nap, but it was long enough that they felt revived by managing as much as they did. A breath of fresh air and the feeling of the climbing sun above swayed them to the land of the conscious. The next step was to get food. The rest of the day could wait until then.

Mind made up, they strode towards food half-paying attention and half-blinking sleep out of their eyes. With a hilariously poorly timed yawn, Cedarsong went from walking steadily forwards to colliding into something - someone - smaller than them. 

"Oh!" Graceful.

The fawn warrior backpedaled, drawing up and away from the apprentice they'd knocked into. Bless the stars for the natural stoicism dampening their expression into one of bafflement, because it was far better than letting their mortification through. They hastened to apologise, and hoped their sincerity bled into their raspy attempt. They didn't need to sound as stony as they looked, afterall.

"Wolfpaw - sorry. I wasn't looking," The impulse to follow-up an apology with action flared, and an idea wormed its way into the warrior's head. They looked to the apprentice they'd bumped into, trying to soften some of the resting neutrality they displayed. Food could be put aside for a moment in favour of settling their attention on the unfortunate recipient of the blunder.

cedarsong - they/them, dawnclan
blueshade - he/him, oakclan
beepaw - she/her, nightclan

Kit

I have nothing to say.

stephcansketch Avatar

stephcansketch

Post by stephcansketch on Aug 14, 2021 5:10:58 GMT

Wolfpaw was on his way to the fresh kill pile himself when he had his unusual encounter with Cedarsong. He let out a small gasp as the larger tom nearly knocked him off his paws. However, Wolfpaw’s a clumsy boy; his large paws got in his way and he tripped over his own large paws and flopped in gracefully on his side. His ears burned in embarrassment as he struggled to his paws. Way to go mousebrain! he hissed to himself as he sat up, his ears burning in embarrassment. You’re so useless! Now you’ve even gotten in the way of a warrior!

Wolfpaw stared up at Cedarsong’s face sheepishly, though he was unable to make eye contact with the older tom. ”S-Sorry, C-Cedarsong,” he stammered quietly. ”I d-didn’t m-mean to b-be in the way.”

(( Oh lord it’s been a long time since I’ve done this on mobile, hopefully I coded this right lmao ))
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2021 5:11:59 GMT by stephcansketch
Character Roster:
> Wolfpaw of DawnClan
> Silentwatcher of NightClan

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 16, 2021 17:46:20 GMT

ooc. hgdkjhgf mobile out here increasing roleplay difficulty levels

cedarsong

The apprentice fully toppled over, and Cedarsong winced as he scrambled back to his paws. If ever there was a time for the earth to spontaneously swallow them whole, now would be the time. Without that escape route, they faced the awkward situation head-on and shoved down as much of their trepidation as possible. A heavy breath escaped them, some unease following as it did so.

"No, I wasn't looking."

At least there was a levelheadedness to the way Cedarsong spoke, rasping tone coming out as even as ever. The gratitude for their stoicism dulled the fraying edges of their nerves. They tilted their head, green eyes flicking away from the apprentice and over to the freshkill pile. 

"I was going to eat something - you're more than welcome to join me," they invited Wolfpaw with a gentle smile, barely there on the white fur making up the mask of their face. Despite their kneejerk desire to escape the blast zone of the embarrassing mishap, the thought of leaving behind a stammering and needlessly apologetic clanmate sat poorly with them. They could wither under the weight of their own lack of spatial awareness later.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

stephcansketch Avatar

stephcansketch

Post by stephcansketch on Aug 20, 2021 1:52:04 GMT

Wolfpaw stared at Cedarsong, his whiskers trembling in apprehension. He simply stared in conflicting confusion as Cedarsong smiled and meowed, "I was going to eat something - you're more than welcome to join me."

What? Wolfpaw thought with a few nervous blinks. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Why in StarClan's name is he wasting his time with me? He's got to have better things to do than to waste it with me! But the more he thought, the guiltier he felt. I did get in his way, and he did invite me. I shouldn't be rude and tell him 'no.' 

"O-Okay," Wolfpaw stammered, glancing down to his paws as he spoke. "I-I hope I-I'm n-not a bother t-to you."

My mans has no self esteem lol
Character Roster:
> Wolfpaw of DawnClan

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 20, 2021 22:29:08 GMT

ooc. if you can't grow your own self esteem, store bought is fine  : )

cedarsong

Cedarsong had no way of knowing the motivation behind Wolfpaw's acquiescence - only that the apprentice accepted the invitation. It didn't take a genius to glean the meaning of his stammering, nor the way his eyes seemed drawn to the ground. Seeing expressions of familiar emotions in a younger clanmate was a mixed sensation; on one paw, there was a feeling of solidarity with the tabby. On the other... well, anxiety wasn't a fun battle to fight, regardless of how many allies you made. So to speak. 

"No bother," they reassured, inclining their head towards the apprentice to pay attention even as they considered the freshkill pile. They picked out a bird for the two of them, and gestured for Wolfpaw to come along as they settled down nearby. Cedarsong was aware that their laconic nature left space for long silences even in company, but they wanted to try at least.

"You've been training with Bellwing," they began. Though hesitant to begin speaking, once they began they kept to a steady cadence. "How have you been finding it?"

Kit

I have nothing to say.

stephcansketch Avatar

stephcansketch

Post by stephcansketch on Aug 25, 2021 0:51:50 GMT

Wolfpaw followed Cedarshade at the sign of their gesture and settled down beside the other feline, his belly twinging in anxiety. He didn't understand why Cedarshade was being so nice to him, and it made him worry. Perhaps they want something? he wondered. Or maybe I did something else... Self loathing began to bubble in his belly as Wolfpaw reached forward to take a bite of the bird after Cedarshade.

"You've been training with Bellwing," Cedarshade meowed, nearly causing Wolfpaw to choke on his bite. "How have you been finding it?"

Wolfpaw took a moment to chew his bite as he flustered for a response. Once he swallowed, he let out a soft sigh. "I-It's b-been alright," he meowed quietly. Wolfpaw's whiskers quivered, and he stared at his paws as he continued, "B-Bellwing is r-really nice. I d-don't th-think I d-deserve a m-mentor like her."

Sorry for the delayed reply ^^'
Character Roster:
> Wolfpaw of DawnClan

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 29, 2021 14:37:23 GMT

cedarsong

Unable to perceive themself as anything other than vaguely anxious, largely reserved meant Cedarsong wasn't able to connect Wolfpaw's anxiety to - well, to them. They could imagine apprentices being nervous around warriors, and that much could be applied to their current situation - but to understand that they were the cause? That would require Cedarsong to view themself beyond the awkward-quiet-withdrawn box they'd painted themself into. They weren't big on eye contact, so they glanced away from the apprentice every now and then for a brief reprieve.

It's been alright. That was good. Cedarsong was fretting over their own mentorship, worry about Moosepaw's training becoming another consistent dread in the looping anxious thoughts they were accustomed to. As odd as it felt to be taking this one-on-one time, the dilute warrior would want their apprentice to have more opportunities to connect with clanmates.

I don't think I deserve a mentor like her. Their ears swivelled, not quite pinned back but twitching in that direction as though the words pulled at something sensitive. If that wasn't an echo of thoughts familiar to Cedarsong, well - what was? They hummed their response before taking another bite, "I wonder if Bellwing would agree. What makes you think that?"

Kit

I have nothing to say.

stephcansketch Avatar

stephcansketch

Post by stephcansketch on Aug 30, 2021 16:26:14 GMT

Wolfpaw felt a wave of embarrassment at his words, and flattened his ears as he heard Cedarsong hum. He heard the tear of flesh as the warrior next to him took another bite of the bird before meowing, "I wonder if Bellwing would agree. What makes you think that?"

Wolfpaw stared down at his paws and let out a small sigh. "I-I...,
um... I-I don't know, I'm sorry..."
He felt his anxiety begin to spike and he stared at his paws. Stop being an attention seeking piece of foxdung, he thought bitterly. You're just wasting Cedarsong's time. And for what? A worthless cat like you? Just stop! Wolfpaw's tail twitched and his frown deepened. He closed his eyes and tried to get his thoughts to go away and leave him be.

Hey! Sorry for the delayed reply again ^^'
Character Roster:
> Wolfpaw of DawnClan

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Sept 12, 2021 16:20:04 GMT

ooc. hsduhgks im so sorry it's been several weeks

cedarsong

Not wanting to press the apprentice too hard - if they made the poor boy cry, they'd never recover - Cedarsong gave another gentle shake of the head. They flipped through possible topics in their head, thoughtful in the wake of the apprentice's stammered apologies. Taking another bite was a great way to give space for silence, or reprieve for the socially anxious among them (which was both of them, evidently).  

"What have you done so far? Have you had the chance to see much of the territory?"

Times like these made Cedarsong feel - half-engaged. Half-involved. It was hard to say what they were feeling half of, but the sense of incompletion was the same either way. Chatting with an apprentice, even one not their own, asked them to balance their maturity relative to the other and their own reluctance to engage in - or worse, lead - conversation. The warrior left space for the apprentice to speak, taking a bite then moving the prey towards their clanmate.

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar