Written in the Stars

a little bit of fun never hurt anyone [open]

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 5, 2021 18:20:15 GMT

(ooc: feel free to join in with your apprentices, young warriors, uptight warriors, etc! it's time to have some fun in the mud)

driftstorm - - -

the day was coming to an end. the sun was creeping lower and lower in the sky and the air was somewhat chilly. apprentices were returning from their training sessions with their mentors, and dusk patrol was gathering to leave. driftstorm sat in a sunny spot of the camp passing a pine cone between his paws, soaking up the last few rays of warmth before bed. he was relaxing after a long day consisting of dawn patrol followed up by volunteering for hunting patrol as well. he wanted to do as much as he possibly could for his clan, so he had been volunteering for extra patrols recently.

with one swift pass of his paw, his pine cone went flying... into a big mud puddle! "rats!" he exclaimed, bounding after it. he stood before the mud puddle and tried to scoop the pine cone out with his claws. of course, he could always grab a new pine cone, but what would be the fun in that? driftstorm dipped his paw into the mud, and it was surprisingly warm. perhaps because the mud puddle hadn't been in any shade, it was collecting warmth from the sun all day. as he got further into the mud, a few confused looks were cast on him from nearby clan-mates. "the mud is warm!" he laughed, spinning in a slow circle. he started playfully passing the, now muddied, pine cone between his paws once again. it was really sticky, but it was a lot more fun than a dry pine cone! he looked up. while laughing, and noticed he had splattered some light mud on a cat, who was now standing right in front of him. "uh oh... i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to, i swear!" his tail drooped in dismay.

(ooc: first person to reply gets splattered with mud lmao feel free to react however you like!)

she/they
pinklapine#6969 on Discord
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

dawnclan: driftstorm
oakclan: wildfrog
nightclan: antpaw, honeybriar
outsiders: shade, minou

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 6, 2021 20:18:20 GMT

cedarsong

Rest. Sunhigh was the ideal time to rest, in Cedarsong's opinion - there was nothing quite as refreshing as a warm nap in the sunlight, and today had been an excellent opportunity to recharge. With the sun now settling ever closer to the horizon, beyond the mountains and soon to be hidden from view, the rested warrior let themselves muse. Thoughts of patrols and hunting filled their mind, a mundane consideration of what direction, what prey, what goal, when and where and with whom. The promise of occupation is in itself energizing, and Cedarsong cast their green gaze towards the edges of the clearing. With their attention taken up by the threads of plans and potential, it was easy enough to let the sounds of camp become background noise. Conversations between clanmates joined the hushed sounds of the territory, Cedarsong tilting their head back to soak in a few more rays of light before the sun slipped away entirely. As they closed their eyes and soaked in the moment - splat!

Rather than soaking solely sunlight, Cedarsong jerked sharply to the side as a splatter of mud found purchase on their pale fur. Muddy splotches - almost certain to cake - painted a trail from just next to their muzzle downwards to their chest. Mud! From where? The hasty apology offered by Driftstorm answered the question of whodunnit as quickly as the it had occurred. They blinked a few times, taking a second to clear the surprise from their face and just as quickly replacing it with a small smile (one they tried to widen once they noticed Driftstorm's dismay, though Cedarsong's demeanour lent itself easier to timidity than to reassurance). 

"No, it's -," Cedarsong's soft rasp paused mid-sentence, the warrior scrambling for something a little more eloquent than that's okay, no harm done! and coming up short. The desire to coax Driftstorm back into the playfulness that had instigated the mud-flinging was enough of a motivation to have them crouching next to the edge of the mud. Their long, pale fur would do them no favours if they engaged with the messy play, but that wasn't enough of a deterrent to keep them away. Eyeing the muddied pinecone,  they crept a little closer and only hesitated a moment more before committing to standing in the warm mud. Smile now marginally more solid, they didn't notice as the fur on their tail dipped into the puddle. Instead, they kept their eyes on the prize - or rather, pinecone - and tried again. "Though I'd rather catch a pinecone than some mud." They felt better about that social attempt, and flicked their tail behind them as they looked from pinecone to Driftstorm. They cocked their head to the side, unable to hide the amused twitch of long (only slightly muddied as of yet) whiskers. Patrols may be more tangibly helpful, but a little game never hurt anyone.
Last Edit: Aug 6, 2021 20:19:52 GMT by bits
cedarsong - they/them, dawnclan
blueshade - he/him, oakclan
beepaw - she/her, nightclan

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 6, 2021 22:02:30 GMT

driftstorm - - -

his face stung with embarrassment. he couldn't believe that he had just gotten cedarsong's fur all messy! within seconds, he noticed their smile, and was rather confused. they couldn't possibly be... happy to be covered in mud? they had such a nice coat, and driftstorm never knew them to be sloppy... or a very playful one. they seemed quite reserved. gosh, why was he playing in the mud in the first place?

"no, it's -," they rasped, seeming to be searching for words to say. driftstorm's gaze shifted from theirs and focused on the, now slightly broken, pine cone. he fiddled with it under his paw before kicking it softly back into the mud. "though I'd rather catch a pinecone than some mud." surprise flooded driftstorm's face. "d-do you want to play? I know it's kit-like... but... I dunno, a little bit of fun never hurt anyone, especially after a hot day like today." he stepped out of the mud, his white paws now stained brown. he darted over to a well-sized, dry pinecone and had an idea. "oh! oh! I used to play this way with my sister, look..." he used his paw to create a line in the dirt, followed by two boxes on either side of the center line, spaced out by a few fox-lengths. "if you can get the pinecone into my box, you get a point, and vice versa. how's that sound?" he mused, tail waving from side to side, hoping they would enjoy his game.

(ooc: he said the thing he said the thread title)
Last Edit: Aug 6, 2021 22:04:42 GMT by aelita 🌷

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 8, 2021 5:38:38 GMT

cedarsong

Cedarsong was no stranger to missteps or the occasional faux-pas; they were stiff in the way they purported themselves, and their appearance was just grizzled enough to leave others occasionally uncertain as to whether they were intimidating or not. Their stoicism had never been a conscious decision, though when their reserved presence prompted such uncertainty in others - well, they did wonder at the irony of it now and again. Driftstorm was rushing to provide justification, and Cedarsong shook their head to communicate their peace with the situation. Perhaps it was better to respond to the following hesitant inquiry - do you want to play?

"I'd like to play."

Whatever dregs of muddy reluctance lingered were shaken off with the last few steps into the playing field. While their measured speech was far from effusive, they did better offering reassurance through their low rasp than they did visually. Mud squished beneath their paws as they stepped forwards, taking in Driftstorm's game exposition with rapt attention despite the overall familiarity of the activity. They spared a thought for both of their coats - at least I won't be the only one dunking myself in the water afterwards - and took their place on their end as the instructions wrapped up. As with most games, Cedarsong preferred to start defensively, giving themselves the chance to react to whatever the first move ended up being. Once they found their footing, they shifted into a more comfortable stance and let their tail skirt the top of the muddy puddle.

"Ready."

They still couldn't shake that note of legitimacy from their even timbre, but they held themselves far more comfortably with a goal in mind.

ooc. he said the thing!!!!

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 11, 2021 2:50:58 GMT

(ooc: if you want we can do kinda short replies like this one for the action part so its not just. 1 sentence about an action. 292328943 about how the character feels about the action. u kno)
driftstorm - - -

the tom dropped the pine cone on the line before pacing over to his spot. "oh yeah, you can use your tail or paw to pass the pine cone. just as long as it goes in my box, you score! the winner with uhh, let's say three points, will... get..." he paused for a moment. what would be a proper prize? when he and his sister would play this, they were younger and usually had apprentice duties. the loser would take care of the elders for the winner. this wasn't the same situation, so he guessed...

"the loser will... cover one of the winner's dawn or dusk patrols whenever they want, given they're not on the same patrol. seem fair?"
this was a reasonable trade, he supposed. perhaps, if he won, he could cash in not having to wake up early for dawn patrol one day...

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 11, 2021 16:19:16 GMT

ooc. you mean you DON'T want to write 2 paragraphs on the specific shade of leaves nearby???

cedarsong

They eyed the pinecone as it was placed between the two of them. Three points to win, and the prize? Cedarsong's whiskers twitched at the stakes. They didn't have strong feelings about patrols, though that wasn't enough to dissuade them from participating at this point (the only thing worse than committing to something was rescinding that commitment, in their mind).

"That sounds good," they responded. With the introduction of the action out of the way, Cedarsong focused instead on their opponent. When the game started - paws and tail, they reminded themselves - the warrior made their move. They leapt for the center, batting the pinecone towards the back corner of Driftstorm's goal.

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 17, 2021 0:25:42 GMT

(ooc: sorry for the late reply i left the refrigerator running)

driftstorm - - -

dropping into a playful stance, he was prepared for any movement his opponent would make. he watched them spring forward and bat the pinecone towards him. he side stepped and smacked it with his paw towards their goal at an angle, nearly falling onto his side. he couldn't let cedarsong get the best of him already, they had just started playing!

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 17, 2021 22:16:40 GMT

cedarsong

The angle managed to throw them off - Cedarsong was far enough forward that they would have an easier time blocking where they were. Though they reared up to try and bat the pinecone mid-arc, their paw merely grazed the edge of the cone, sending it into a mild spin. They whipped their head around in time to see it touch down just inside the corner of the goal, rolling to a stop on the line. A point for Driftstorm, and quick one at that. Cedarsong took a moment to look thoughtfully towards the other's goal, green eyes tracing distances between the lines.

"One-nothing," they rumbled through a slight smile, retrieving the pinecone and passing it back to the center. Their tail tip twitched behind them as they stepped back to the middle of their end of the playing field. Cedarsong shifted their weight backwards and prepared for their opponent's move.

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 20, 2021 13:47:36 GMT

driftstorm smirked at his opponent's fail. "cmon, cedarsong! you've got to play better if you want to get out of dawn patrol!" he joked, positioning himself back at the center. they were a quick cat, he had to admit, but he had a few tricks under his pelt. "you ready?" he said, and waited for a response from them before raising his right paw as if he was going to bat it to their right side, then swiftly switched to his left paw and the pinecone went flying to their left!

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 20, 2021 22:43:32 GMT

cedarsong

You've got to play better if you want to get out of dawn patrol! 

The good-natured taunt was light enough to crack the warrior's stoicism, a grin appearing before Cedarsong ducked their head. They didn't lose the humour on their expression, even as Driftstorm set himself up to make his move. Any kind of trash talk or taunting required a level of pithiness that Cedarsong didn't have - but from the twitch of their whiskers to the way their mud-splattered tail swept behind them, their enjoyment was clear to see. You ready?

Shifting their weight backwards had been the right move. Planning to go up instead of to the side meant that when Driftstorm feinted, it wasn't difficult to readjust. Cedarsong reared up, twisting as they moved to reach the tricky shot with their (formerly white, currently muck-brown) paw. The goal was not to score, but rather to block. When the warrior hit the pinecone, they spiked it towards the ground on Driftstorm's side of the playing field - not likely to make it into the goal, but keeping it on their clanmate's side of the field. The same grin returned as the dilute warrior brought their front paws back to the ground and returned to a crouch.

ooc. catch me tryna find a term other than "field" to describe a playing field (hint: i did not come up with one)

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 24, 2021 1:46:19 GMT

unfortunately, cedarsong had not fallen for his ruse. his opponent swiped the pine cone back into the middle of his zone, behind him. he spun around once in a frenzy in order to, hopefully, swing it back in their direction with his tail. instead, it went flying a few tail-lengths out of either zone. technically, he could lie say it was a draw, but he would be cheating. "out of bounds is a point for you. one-one." he grunted, disappointed in himself. he shrugged it off and fetched the pine cone and placed it in the center. "your move, make it a good one!"
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2021 1:47:34 GMT by aelita 🌷: i cant spell

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Kit

Weird

daftwerido Avatar

daftwerido

Post by daftwerido on Aug 28, 2021 8:59:45 GMT

Honeybush bounded to the two cats"I wanna play,I wanna play!" she excitedly exclaimed "it seems so much fun!" She said,using her tail to send the pinecone flying into the distance before splashing them in mud,giggling happily all the while her stomach was grumbling loudly "Oops,I'm hungry,see ya later!" She bounded off quickly to go eat,after she had eaten she bounded back "let's carry on,it's fun!" " it's just mud! " "fun!" Honeybush was cooling down,since she had thick fur she would become very hot in the warmer moons "who cares about it?! It's just mud!" She exclaimed happily she had more pinecones and threw them at the other two

Apprentice

I have nothing to say.

bits Avatar

bits

Post by bits on Aug 29, 2021 14:26:34 GMT

cedarsong

It wasn't the cleanest point, but they'd take it - they weren't exactly athlete of the year or anything. Driftstorm's disappointment wasn't entirely missed, but Cedarsong figured that continuing the game would foster enjoyment in spite of that. They shuffled where they stood, noting the feeling of mud squishing below their paws. Before they could set off the next round - I wanna play, I wanna play! Cedarsong tracked the arc of the pinecone as it flew through the air from Honeybush's tail. A quiet mrrp gave away their amusement, though the presence of more than one clanmate was enough to dampen their voice and movements.

"You're welcome to join," they assured their clanmate, managing to keep themselves from outright snorting as she started tossing pinecones their way. Cedarsong looked to Driftstorm, muzzle tight from the way their stoicism masked the amusement bleeding through. As the pinecone deluge turned scoring-game into dodge-cone, the stony-furred warrior shrugged at their opponent.

"A tie?" They suggested, ducking their head to avoid one of the pinecones. Droplets of mud splattered onto their thick fur from the small impact of cone against puddle. It wasn't a terrible change of pace, though the quick interjection was enough to give Cedarsong some mild whiplash. If .all of them were amenable, the three clanmates could easily transition into some semblance of dodge-cone. 

Kit

Weird

daftwerido Avatar

daftwerido

Post by daftwerido on Aug 29, 2021 15:24:05 GMT

"Apolgies for butting in,it just seemed like fun" Honeybush meowed in embarrassment "Its been boring recently" " 3 days without fun" she signed "I have been collecting pinecones lately and i saw you two playing so I thought why not join the fun?!" She exclaimed " Its been really hot recently so I might of needed to cool down because my thick fur makes it really warm for me" she carried on and on "Sorry if I upset you" she'd put a pinecone in the middle of the mud "have you cats heard of the shadow tree?" She asked out of curiosity

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar