Written in the Stars

Feeling Froggy [closed]

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 5, 2021 3:54:36 GMT

Wasp hated the humidity of her new home, as well as the mosquitos that constantly buzzed near her ears. But the docks were full of prey, at least. Both on land and in the water.

The she cat had been there a few weeks now, and had found a nice place to call her own. A water monster that lay on it’s side, slowly bleaching in the sun. It was large and more importantly it was a shelter from the rain and heat. She wished she had brought her brothers with her, but the last time she had seen them neither had been able to move themselves.

She took a slow step towards the rather fat frog she was stalking along the dock’s edge, eyes narrowing. The pain in her stomach reminded her of the need for her success. The scratch on her nose ached, from a rat that had managed to fight her off just an hour earlier. They were a far harder fight than the ones in the graveyard, and the mouse population was almost nonexistant.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

adrian Avatar

adrian

Post by adrian on Aug 7, 2021 3:23:27 GMT

->> Duskracer <<-

The midday sun peaked through the swamps, just as it did every other day. The new NightClan deputy slinked along the borders of her Clan, refreshing and remarking what territory was theirs. Though she was outwardly silent, her mind whirred with thoughts of the previous day. She couldn't quite grasp what exactly she had done to deserve the role of deputy of NightClan. She wasn't sure if she had even wanted it, but it's not like she could decline. It was StarClan's will, or whatever the old cats would say. She pictured each of her Clanmates in her head. Shadowfall would have been an obvious choice, he was much older than she and much more...err, serious? Or even her brother, Crowdance, would have been a swell choice. He was far stronger, and far move clever than she was. He could probably convince a pigeon to fly into his mouth if he had to. 

So focused on her inner conflict, she hadn't heard the other cat that was scrounging around the other side of the border, only realizing after she'd set a few paw steps towards the big metal water monster. The fur on the nape of her neck stood up as the scent of the loner hit her. She instinctively curled her lips into a snarl, relaxing a slight bit after realizing how tired and worn this cat looked. I mean, the stranger wasn't necessarily doing anything wrong, but she was getting quite close to the border. The deputy stepped back a bit, trying to gauge how this cat would react. "Probably not wise to stray to close to the Clan border's. If I were any other cat I would have run you off by now."

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 7, 2021 3:46:59 GMT

The other cat’s voice startled the frog, and the bumpy creature leaped. Wasp followed it, nearly skidding into the filthy, muddy water it splashed into. The loner’s white tipped tail twitched in anger at the second failed hunt of the day, the pain in her belly and her sore nose reminding her of it’s weight. She rose up from her couch.

She looked upward towards the strange cat, giving one of her large front paws a good shake to fling off a few water droplets. “You scared off my lunch.” She stated, hestitating a bit as her own voice came out far more bitter than she had intended. She exhaled slowly, eyes closing briefly. “Sorry.” She added on, far more politely to her unexpected visitor.

“Clan? What clan?” She asked, bluntly. “I’ve been living in that white thing over there over a couple weeks and only seen a few cats passing through, none said they were part of any clan. Though, I mean no trouble to your family if they staked a claim already.”

Realization seemed to strike the large she cat,”Are you one of the cats that talks to the stars? My father’s first mate ran off with one of them, before he met my mother.”

Kit

I have nothing to say.

adrian Avatar

adrian

Post by adrian on Aug 7, 2021 20:57:07 GMT

—>> Duskracer <<—

The bitterness in the stranger’s tone threw the warrior off, once again flattening her ears. Then, the she-cat apologized to her. Strange. Most cats that wandered into this neck of the swamp were hostile. Paws sinking into the damp mossy floor, Duskracer approached the ginger cat. She looked rather thin, even for a loner. There was a fresh wound on her nose as well, which she assumed came from one of the nasty rats that stalked around here. Shaken from her observations at the sound of the question, the deputy tilted her head. “Talk to the stars? Err…you mean StarClan?” She moved a few tail lengths from the stranger and sat back on her haunches. How did this cat know what StarClan was? “I mean, I don’t talk to the stars. That’s usually a medicine cat thing and I uh-“ she stopped, contemplating how much information she should be giving forth. It’s not like it was that interesting to listen to anyway.

The sound of a croaking frog could be heard as she left room for silence. She lifted herself once again and turned to the shallows. “You shouldn’t go after the rats here, they’re way more trouble than it’s worth.” Filling the silence and switching the subject, she looked back at the she-ca. “The frogs are pretty tasty though, and sometimes there’s even small silver fish that swim through here if you’re patient enough.”
Last Edit: Aug 7, 2021 20:57:28 GMT by adrian

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 8, 2021 5:49:31 GMT

Wasp blinked slowly, confusion on her face as the stranger cat drew closer and spoke. "I can't say I've heard of StarClan, either." She admitted, sitting on her haunches as she tried to remember the rants her father would go on, often silenced by jealous glares by her mother. "I'm Wasp, by the way. I came from the twoleg's town." She clarified, "The swamp stench must have hidden your family's scent. Sorry if I gave you a shock."

She glanced over Duskracer briefly. "I've realized that, but a meal is a meal when you're hungry." She meowed in explanation. "I'll get something easier later. It's better than the mice in the place with the giant boulders. I don't know what it was, but they never tasted too well. And the rats were worse, they made more than one cat sick." The croaking frog briefly caught her attention, stomach rumbling loudly at the idea of a new meal somewhere nearby.

Her tail curled around her paws, and she turned her amber gaze back to her visitor. "The fish are a good idea, but I'd rather avoid smelling like that water. It tastes bad enough, I'd rather not lick it off. Are there many others in your family? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Strangers and all. It's just me here."

Kit

I have nothing to say.

adrian Avatar

adrian

Post by adrian on Aug 9, 2021 22:36:54 GMT

->> Duskracer <<- 

A gentle breeze blew through the swamp, ruffling the deputy's dark fur. She turned her eyes and listened as the strange cat spoke, wondering what exactly either of them were even doing here. The water rippled as she slipped her paw underneath, feeling the mud squelch between her toe pads. Smell? Did she smell bad? To be fair, she was pretty used to it by now. In fact, it even helped disguise her and her Clanmates scent while they were hunting. It wasn't uncommon for patrols or hunting parties to lather themselves with some of it. I guess the stench /was/ kind of strong.

"Well, if you plan on staying around here, you'll get used to the smell. It's not all bad." She paused to glance back behind her into NightClan's territory. She would be in big trouble if anyone saw her talking to a loner, especially so close to their territory. She thought about turning and leaving, and forgetting this meeting ever happened, but she wasn't rude, and she saw no harm in friendly banter. "Family...? Like Clan or? I mean, I have my brother...but there are plenty of other cats in my Clan as well." The sound of the frogs suddenly stopped. Instinctively the hair on her neck rose in suspicion. "....have you seen those, big water lizards around here yet?" 
Last Edit: Aug 9, 2021 22:37:02 GMT by adrian

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 9, 2021 23:51:57 GMT

Wasp listened along, nodding her head. "Ah- the cats in your clan aren't all family, then? Maybe it's different in the town than in the forest." She explained, following the strange cat's gaze briefly. She wasn't much like Wasp's normal visitors, but truthfully Wasp liked that. Less snappy, and a better conversationist. Her heart sunk as the frogs went silent, and she nodded her head. "I have. Come with me - we should hide." She stated, rising to her paws as she flicked her tail to the boat about twenty feet away, close to the waterline. "I live just over there, under the tipped over two-leg monster. They're too big to fit, and it's too heavy for them to move. I think, at least."

The ginger and white she cat started towards the boat, hurriedly. She slipped under the gap between the metal and the ground, propped up against a rock.

The air inside was sticky, but cooler than the outside. A small pile of moss sat near the boat's bow, a simple nest. "We'll come out when the frogs start again. If it gets dark before then, you can sleep here as well. The swamp gets even more dangerous at night, I've noticed. I don’t want any cat walking around in that when they don’t have to."

Kit

I have nothing to say.

adrian Avatar

adrian

Post by adrian on Aug 14, 2021 21:44:26 GMT

->> Duskracer <<- 

Admittedly, the feline had only seen the lizard monsters from afar. In NightClan they knew pretty well where they nested and what areas to avoid. She wasn’t as familiar with this part of the swamp, seeing as it wasn’t technically part of the territory. However, even the smallest kit in NightClan knew that out here in the bayou, silence was a bad thing. She didn’t hesitate as she followed the stranger - Wasp, into the metal water monster. She slipped quietly but urgently in behind her, pressing her pelt against the cold strange walls. She peaked her orange eyes into a small hole that was in the side of the metal beast. Lo and behold, one of the biggest lizard monsters she had ever seen had slithered only tail lengths from the bank that the two cats were on a heartbeat ago. She tried to calm down and let the hairs on the back of her neck relax. But something about the piercing yellow eyes of the beast, the slippery sickly green scales, and the ragged teeth made her breath catch in her throat. She turned to Wasp, whispering as low as she could, “Do you think it knows we’re in here?”

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 15, 2021 0:34:52 GMT

Wasp watched Duskracer peek out, going to give her a gentle nudge from the hole in the side of the monster. Her eyes widened briefly as she stole a glance outside, looking to the Nightclan deputy with a solemn nod. "It knows. We're safe in here." She whispered, "It can push the monster corpse off the rock there, but it can't get in." Truthfully, Wasp had no idea if the beast could get in or not.

"You'll stay here as long as it's still out there." She stated, "What's your family... I mean your clan like?" The loner questioned, moving a bit closer, so she could lower her voice even more. Any conversation was better than thinking about the thing lurking outside. "My mother and father were considered strange. My father was obsessed with spirits and the future. Told cats he could read their fortune based on their stripes." She purred with a smile, "My mother called him a crazy old tom. They always bickered, but they could never help but start laughing by the end of it."

Kit

I have nothing to say.

adrian Avatar

adrian

Post by adrian on Aug 16, 2021 17:06:57 GMT

->> Duskracer <<- 

The deputy could sense the uncertainty in the she-cats voice. A chill ran down the deputy's spine as she watched the large monster drag itself father onto the shore, it's jaw lined with razor sharp ivory teeth. So concentrated on the animal, she remembered she wasn't just here alone, as Wasp began to tell of her family. Shaking herself back to reality, she turned towards her new friend, trying to let go of the idea of the lizard monster coming inside. "Ah...my Clan." She spoke, thinking back to NightClan. Has it really only been a few hours that she's been out here? It felt like a lifetime with the impending doom looming over her head. She let one of her eyes wander back to see if the lizard monster was still there. Of course it was.

"My Clan, well, we're all very close. I just recently became deputy...that's like right hand to the leader I guess. I do have a brother, we get along well...and my fathers." She stopped to reminisce for a moment. She needed this overgrown lizard to go away already so she could get back to them. "Was your father...talking to StarClan?" She tilted her head. Probably a stupid question, considering Wasp herself didn't know what StarClan was. 

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ladyspectral Avatar

ladyspectral

Post by ladyspectral on Aug 16, 2021 19:10:30 GMT

Wasp took a moment to consider Ruskracer’s suggestion. “He could be. Or he could just be a crazy old tom having fun with telling wild stories. He used to make up stories for the stars for anyone who would listen, saying they were cats. He’s a good tom, though. A lot of the time it’s every family for themselves in the twolegplace, but he always tried to help other families. That isn’t common.” Wasp whispered with a soft purr. “I have two brothers. They had to go live with twolegs, they were always sick and I couldn’t care for them anymore. The house cats are always healthier than the rest of us.” She explained, a bit of hesitation in her tone. “Congratulations on deputy, by the way. What all do you do for the clan, if you don’t mind me asking? What’s the leader like?” She asked curiously, trying to keep her own mind off the lurking beast as well as she rambled.

Wasp allowed herself a peek outside, but quickly adverted her gaze again. The beast was definately watching the boat, but it didn’t seem too interested. She hoped it was just sunning itself after a meal, and not hungry and hunting. A shudder went down her spine as she considered that option, trying to force it from her mind.

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar