Written in the Stars

i'm fast as frog boiii [private]

Kit

I have nothing to say.

adrian Avatar

adrian

Post by adrian on Aug 3, 2021 0:27:55 GMT

->> Duskracer <<-

The lanky warrior walked gently into the swamp, breathing in the cool night air. A welcome smell indeed, of moss and wet debris. Well, also whatever poor creature ended up engulfed by some of the mud pits here, but that took away from the ambiance of the whole thing if she focused too much on that. Besides, she didn't want to scare her apprentice too badly just yet. The squelching sound of sinking paws could be heard the longer they went on, until finally, Duskracer stopped. The evening had quickly crept over the boggy marsh, and the sun was now hidden behind the trees. She took a moment to listen to the chirping and chattering all around her, before turning to the small white apprentice. 
"Alright kitto, you ready to hunt some frogs?" she grinned. 

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Aug 4, 2021 19:21:05 GMT

Lilypaw couldn't help but hate the silence between her and Duskracer as they traveled to the edge of Nightclan's territory. It was her first time seeing such an odd twoleg contraption, and it seemed even more ominous in the dim light of evening. At least the admittedly annoying sound of wet paws dipping and rising from the wet ground could distract her from the ambiance of the swampy abyss-- even if she couldn't shake the feeling of constantly being watched by both predator and prey. She hoped her mentor didn't notice her nervousness: it was only a sign of her horizons broadening. The experience would undoubtedly help her improve.

"Yes, I am. Where do I start?" She responded quickly, glancing up at her with wide, pink eyes lined with both eagerness and trepidation.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

adrian Avatar

adrian

Post by adrian on Aug 7, 2021 2:27:27 GMT

->> Duskracer <<-

Fiery orange eyes scanned to boggy swamp, trying to find the familiar bob of a frog's head. Her ears keened forward slightly and she lowered herself to the soggy floor. "Just follow my movements." She whispered, turning her head towards Lilypaw. "And try not to make any sudden movements..." Her attention landed on a pair of tiny eyes that just bobbed above the shallows of the swamp. She waited for a few heartbeats, her prey blinking and bubbles rising from underneath the murky depths. A split second later, she splashed into the water, diving her head in and rearing back rapidly. When she emerged, two dangling long legs protruded from the side of her jaws. Her dark face was engulfed in even darker, brown sludge. her senses were completely flooded by the putrid smell of standing water. She didn't care though, she was used to it after doing this a few hundred times. She waded out of the shallows, her belly fur dripping, and gently placed her prize on the shore. Duskracer shook what she could of the mud from her pelt, then nodded to her apprentice. "See? Easy. You'll get used to the smell pretty quickly." Beaming, she picking up the limp frog and trotting down farther into the swamp. "We'll hafta find another spot to hunt." she said through full jaws.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

ravenmist4 Avatar

ravenmist4

Post by ravenmist4 on Aug 15, 2021 18:22:13 GMT

Nodding, Lilypaw attempted to mimic Duskracer's steps. While her bunched hindlegs and still posture felt correct, she still couldn't see whatever her mentor was staring so intently at, and the smell of the bog concealed any prey scent she could've possibly detected. Desperately ignoring the frustration prickling at her fur, Lilypaw knew losing her temper would only dull her concentration further. 

Even if it was something as simple as frog hunting, she couldn't risk failure. 

"Understood." She replied once Duskracer stepped towards her, covered head-to-toe in mud. Lilypaw had always been a picky eater, and despite their Nightclan abundance, frogs were one of the least appealing forms of fresh-kill, in her opinion.

Hoping to regain herself, she pointed to a nearby direction, praying that it was a correct choice. "Should we search there?"

// 

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar