Written in the Stars

Night training

Global Moderator

I have nothing to say.

Broadfae Avatar

Broadfae

Post by Broadfae on Aug 1, 2021 17:51:52 GMT

Some would think that the idea of giving Dustytuft an apprentice was a recipe for disaster. Sure, she was as loyal to her clan as they came - but she was hardly a respectable, serious sort. She was kitlike herself - prone to a bit of laziness and a heaping dose of immaturity. But apparently that wasn't the case; because she had recently been put in charge of one of the newer charges, and she was going to do good by them.

Right after she had a good night's sleep.

Except, there was unease in her - she woke up as if wondering if she was forgetting something, almost on high alert. Well, since she was up, she thought to take a walk and check on her apprentice in their den. When she found that they weren't there, there was a moment of panic - where had they gone? Had she honestly just lost her apprentice right before she could do anything neat with them? It took her a moment to remember she was a warrior, damnit...she could just pick up the scent and find them, couldn't she?

So that's what she did, sniffing along a blatant scent trail (at least she hadn't taught them how to hide themselves yet) and came to the hillside just in time to catch Newtpaw making a somewhat unremarkable pass at the most vicious of prey - a leaf.

"Not bad! But you might want to make sure you're ready to pounce first, if you're going after something that's not gonna move and still end up missing it!" She joked - not realizing that it was probably a bad idea to comment so loudly and unexpectedly, with a cat whose backside had been facing her and probably didn't even know she was approaching.

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 1, 2021 18:23:49 GMT

Newtpaw fluffs up at the unexpected voice, letting out an embarrassed mew she turns to face the unexpected voice, fluffed up and ready to fight the possible intruder if need be beforea calming when she notices her mentor

"Oh! Hello dustytuft! I wasn't expecting to see you out so late, what brings you here?" She makes a quick attempt to hide the leaf under her tail, as though she was never hunting in the first place

Global Moderator

I have nothing to say.

Broadfae Avatar

Broadfae

Post by Broadfae on Aug 2, 2021 22:29:34 GMT

"Well, I wasn't able to sleep...and then I got a little worried when someone wasn't in their nest when I went to go and check." She tried to sound stern, but it was all in jest - and she certainly gave away her true feelings by adding a wink to the end of it, dissolving into a humored purr. "It's alright, really - I was just wondering what you'd gotten up too. And maybe it's a good thing I came looking; because hate to tell ya, Newt...but that jump was a little shoddy. Prey'll see you coming from a mile away if you go after 'em like that."

She paced around, rather than look like she was heading back to camp though, she relaxed on her haunches, for a better view. "So long as we're both up, and if you're up to the practice - I suppose we could work on fixing that, though - couldn't we?!"

Kit

I have nothing to say.

finny Avatar

finny

Post by finny on Aug 3, 2021 14:58:26 GMT

newtpaw looks ashamed at her feeble attempt to catch the poor leave she had chosen to be her prey. hunting just didn't come naturally to the she-cat as it did to the cats in the clan. "i would like that very much please" she slowly wonders over to her mentor, head slumped and tail low to the ground. she hadn't expected anyone to see her hunting so late at night, attempting to teach herself the skills she needed.

she felt bad needing to ask for the help she needed even though as her mentor, it was dustytufts job to teach her, it felt wrong that she didnt already know what she needed to. she sits down next to dustytuft and looks at the older cat "where should i start?"

Global Moderator

I have nothing to say.

Broadfae Avatar

Broadfae

Post by Broadfae on Aug 4, 2021 0:16:00 GMT

Okay, maybe she had been a little mean - as Newtpaw looked bout as happy as if someone had told her her favorite moss ball had been shredded. She gave the apprentice a tap with her tail, trying to get her to cheer up a bit. "Oh, come on - nobody's perfect the first time. Even Dawnstar - you know...I once saw them chasing down a rabbit in the rain - slide right into a big ol' puddle of mud. Looked like Nightclan's swamp had come up and tried to swallow him whole - it was hilarious." She mrowed with laughter at the memory. "Point is - no one's gonna be perfect their first go at anything, even if they were a literal gift from Starclan. That's the whole point of training."

She directed the she-cat with her front paw, pushing down on her shoulders while she sat beside her. "First off, you wanna try and see to keeping you body all on the same line as your crouch. Don't put your tail in the air - and alternatively don't drag your belly on the ground. You want to remain at the same length and level your entire body; which takes some work." She crouched to demonstrate, her compact body sort of hovering somewhere with all four legs bent to keep herself narrowed out and balanced. "Might be that your front legs feel longer than you hind ones, or vice versa - but you'll find a sweet spot, eventually."

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar