Written in the Stars

life lessons

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 1, 2021 0:01:58 GMT

crowdance squinted in the early morning light- he had barely slept all night after having spent the past few hours patrolling the territory, infact, he'd still be doing so had he not been given an apprentice who needed training. he and cricketpaw had agreed to meet just by the camp exit early in the morning, although it was rare for any apprentice he'd had to actually be up at this time of morning. sighing, he sat down and closed his amber eyes for a quick second, trying to immitate sleep as he planned out what he was going to teach young cricketpaw today... hunting perhaps? or fighting?

cracking an eye open to check if the white and ginger cat was near, he decided on hunting practice, afterall, he was way too tired to spar today and wasn't about to let his reputation be ruined by performing poorly against someone who hadn't even earned their warrior name yet.

after a few more seconds of waiting, crowdance smiled slightly as he saw cricketpaw emerge the apprentices' den and head towards him. "good morning, young warrior," he greeted, "ready to go?" he asked rhetorically, getting up and turning to leave before waiting for an answer.

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
nightclan; crowdance, ducktongue.
sig by

Administrator

I have nothing to say.

KingHarry Avatar

KingHarry

Post by KingHarry on Aug 3, 2021 19:44:01 GMT

Sleep was perhaps the only time when Cricketpaw was sleep. Actually, no - that was a lie. Even in his sleep, the tom twitched and flung his legs around as if he were dreaming about chasing prey or playing with his friends. Anyway, the second he woke up, it was time to spring back into action! There was a whole day to fill with exploration and enjoyment, and he didn't want to miss a single moment of it!

Prancing out of the den, he was soon greeted by his mentor. Oh, wonderful! Did that mean they were going to go and train? Had- Oh, he had agreed to do that, hadn't he! In the moment, Cricketpaw had forgotten all about their plans to meet up. How lucky that Crowdance had decided to meet him by the den! Clearly, he was a very smart warrior.

Cricketpaw liked Crowdance, he decided. Of course, this was hardly surprising - Cricketpaw liked everybody

"Ready!" The young tom confirmed, weight rapidly shifting from foot to foot as he was unable to contain his excitement. "What are we going to do today? Hunting? Fighting? Can we go on a patrol? What about one of the lizard monsters? Can we try and find one?"
DawnClan: Mothmaw
OakClan: Blackheart, Moorwhisker
NightClan: Paletongue, Cricketpaw

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 3, 2021 20:57:22 GMT

crowdance couldn't help but smile at the look on cricketpaw's face, he loved it when his apprentices were excited to train... they were always the ones that were most successful in sessions and tended to be the most enjoyable to be around too. chuckling at the younger cat's enthusiasm, he spoke, "i had hunting planned for today," he paused, "but if we have time we can mark the borders too... maybe i'll even ask if you can come on the next patrol if you perform well enough." he encouraged, just hoping that their session would continue in such a positive light.

"come along, we'll be hunting nearer the oakclan border for today," he explained, heading towards the bridge that separated their camp from their territory, "the ground's much more solid there so i don't have to worry about you sinking into the swamp... starclan forbid what would happen if i didn't bring you back," he laughed, making sure cricketpaw was following him closeby.

notes;; n/a
tags;;

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Administrator

I have nothing to say.

KingHarry Avatar

KingHarry

Post by KingHarry on Aug 13, 2021 22:11:26 GMT

Cricketpaw could perform well! He could and he would! Immediately, he had latched onto the idea of impressing Crowdance, whatever that took. He'd be on that next patrol for sure!

The young tom pranced along by his mentor's side, quite happy. "I like the OakClan border," Cricketpaw declared. "It's nice there. Have you seen the butterflies? I saw them once and I think I would like to see them again. Can we try and chase them down please, Crowdance? Hunting butterflies is a kind of hunting too!"

Cricketpaw was rambling quite happily now. This was unlikely to be surprising, mind you - the tom had a habit of doing that. Get him stuck on a subject that he enjoyed and he could talk about it for moons if left to his own devices!
DawnClan: Mothmaw
OakClan: Blackheart, Moorwhisker
NightClan: Paletongue, Cricketpaw

Apprentice

avi by @wolfpool

smith Avatar

smith

Post by smith on Aug 18, 2021 21:34:06 GMT

CROWDANCE
he/him • nightclan warrior

crowdance couldn't help but smile at cricketpaw's enthusiasm, knowing that this was going to be a good session and that the two would likely get along well, maybe being the young cat's friend might be difficult, but the dark-furred warrior could tell that he was going to be an easy apprentice to train. yet, his smile shrunk when cricketpaw mentioned the oakclan border.

"i like the oakclan border too, but it's in the complete wrong spot," he stated firmly, glancing towards the bridge, "you see that bridge, young warrior?" crowdance asked rhetorically, motioning towards it with his paw, "that was ours when nightstar ruled and it should be ours now. the fact that those kittypets think it belongs to them disgusts me," he began to hiss towards the end of his sentence, but was able to prevent himself from getting too aggressive in front of his apprentice. after all, he didn't want cricketpaw to go back to camp and start telling everyone that he was a bad mentor.

attempting to turn the conversation back to training, crowdance nodded slowly, "yes, i have seen the butterflies," he responded, although his tone was slightly dampened now, "maybe if you do good enough hunting something that's actually worthy of it, you can chase butterflies after," he stated, slightly irritated but trying not to show it.

"give me your best crouch, i need to see how much you already know," crowdance commanded lightly, sitting down besides cricketpaw with his head held high.

notes;; mind the post template, trying to work out if this looks good or not
tags;; 
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2021 16:02:46 GMT by smith

☽ 18 · she/her · uk ☾
☼☼☼
dawnclan; slug-.
oakclan; frog-.
sig by

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar