Written in the Stars

brawling for soup

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Aug 29, 2021 20:11:43 GMT

driftstorm felt a wave of ease wash over him. somehow, this nightclan she-cat, had reminded him that, although he was a dawnclan warrior, and spiderstar's son at that, he was just a cat. he felt thoroughly relaxed for the first time in moons. he didn't feel like he had to please anyone. driftstorm could just be himself.

he listened intently as she told him the story about her warrior name. "woah... you out-swam a lizard monster? those big nasty-looking things you nightclan cats keep as pets?" he laughed, flicking her with his tail. "you're sweet. you would've been a nice meal for monster." she appeared rather proud of that story, and he didn't blame her. his warrior name wasn't half as interesting. he was named based on his fighting skills and unpredictable personality. he wanted to impress her, so he had to lie. "i got my warrior name when i saved a bunch of kits." he somewhat blurted. "i saved a litter of kits from a really bad storm. then, my mo- leader named me driftstorm."
Last Edit: Aug 29, 2021 20:12:27 GMT by aelita 🌷: woops cats dont know what alligators are

she/they
pinklapine#6969 on Discord
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

dawnclan: driftstorm
oakclan: wildfrog
nightclan: antpaw, honeybriar
outsiders: shade, minou

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Aug 31, 2021 4:29:41 GMT

PINKFISH
she/her • nightclan warrior

The queen gave a playful mrrrow! as she batted lightly at his tail as it flicked her bang. Rearing back with a roar of laughter, she exclaimed, ”Pets?! Ha!! OakClan and DawnClan would have to watch out if that were true! They’re a right pain in the tail!” However, she found it a little hard to laugh through the little knot forming in throat as he called her ’sweet’. It tickled her insides as she swept her tail across the ground in an effort to release the newfound energy. Crinkling her nose, she mused, ”Ah, well grooming would’ve had me fooled.”

Her attention refocused on Driftstorm as he contributed his own harrowing tale that led to warriorhood. The ruddy tabby listened keenly as he spoke, the slightest waver in his voice. She offered a smile, guessing he was perhaps being bashful of his accomplishments. In an effort to save him from himself, she joked warmly, ”For delivering kits, I’m surprised Spiderstar didn’t name you Driftstork.” However, she gave the dark tabby a light pat with her paw as she continued a bit more earnestly, ”Like I said, you’re pretty cool, Driftstorm. Not a lot of cats who would want to brave a storm.” There was a glow of respect in her golden-green eyes as they roved the tom’s face. She had been gloating a little, but the DawnClan warrior truly had a reason to be proud of his namesake. Tipping her head a little to one side, she purred, ”Maybe you could teach me a trick or two for braving the weather. I could always give swimming lessons.” Perhaps he would think she was simply teasing him, but Pinkfish was determined if he had an interest; after all, how could she pass up the chance to learn about the turbulent winds and the blankets of rain that often tore across their territories. Such a showy display of raw power always transfixed Pinkfish in a grim way, and what she wouldn’t give to sneak a peek of how to counter the skies.

notes::  headcanon: pink is totally a storm-chaser
tags:: 

format borrowed from
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 3, 2021 23:12:20 GMT

DRIFTSTORM
he/him ✧ dawnclan warrior

”for delivering kits, I’m surprised spiderstar didn’t name you driftstork.” he spat out a laugh. "yeah, no, but my name should've probably been driftdork. now that's a name." driftstorm laughed so hard at his own joke that he rolled closer to her. their whiskers could almost touch... he gazed up into her green eyes and was captivated. she had to be the most beautiful cat he had ever seen.

"oh- tricks about braving a storm? w-well... if i shared my secrets, i'd have to change my name! i kinda like my name." his voice trailed off. "maybe i'll teach you a thing or two at some point. i'd be up for fishing lessons, though. i'm terrible at fishing. maybe... we could meet at the waterfall by the gathering place, after the next gathering? it's coming up soon..." he really, really wanted to see her again. hopefully, she felt the same way.

notes;; hehe matchy matchy formatting time
tags;;

✧✧✧
template by smith

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Global Moderator

don't mind me, just crying over fictional cats

mew Avatar

mew

Post by mew on Sept 5, 2021 16:54:23 GMT

PINKFISH
she/her • nightclan warrior

Pinkfish chortled at the thought. ”Oh yes! Driftdork, the mighty storm-slayer!” In their laughing fit, it seemed their proximity had closed some and it had the she-cat’s rosy pelt red-hot. She twitched her whiskers, wondering if they were close enough for it to tickle him, but left it at that as she slouched back with a small scowl as he continued. Knocking up one brow, she eyed him with a pout and whined, ”Aww no fair. I’m willing to share my namesake with you. However, she seemed to straighten up a bit as she spoke, waving her tail lightly as she acquiesced in a warm voice, ”I suppose there’s time for me to bug you about it later.” She snickered playfully, as if to punctuate her point. Sweeping her tail around to gently brush the tabby tom’s flank, she purred, ”Fishing sounds fun. I’ll be there.”

The faint pink glow of dawn seemed to bleed into the inky horizon as Pinkfish glanced over her conversation partner’s laid form. She was surprised how long it was they had been there, and for a brief moment wondered if she would hear anything over how her impossibly long, impossibly empty-pawed hunting patrol went. She knew her brother wouldn’t let her rest until he had his fill of ribbing her about it, at least. She gave a little puff of a sigh as she flopped down, rolling onto her back. She looked up to the sky, noticing how the star still glittered faintly above. Still night. Had she perhaps been dreaming this whole time? Somehow, even if it wasn’t the case, it felt that way. Dawn would come, and the DawnClan warrior would leave along with it. Just like any dream. Might as well wake up now.

She rolled over to gently flick his ear before getting up and stretching. With a cheeky wink, she drawled, ”Well, I guess we’ll have to eat later. Fish sounds as good as anything, you think?” She couldn’t help but try to see if there was anything indicated in his yellow gaze as she looked back over her shoulder at Driftstorm.

notes:: you think this is a good place to start winding down?
tags:: 

format borrowed from
she/they | cst time zone | plotter

dawnclan
pollenpetal | 18 moons
oakclan
thistletea | 32 moons
nightclan
pepperpaw | 7 moons
outsiders
carrot | 10 moons

Apprentice

im sleepy

aelita 🌷 Avatar

aelita 🌷

Post by aelita 🌷 on Sept 6, 2021 2:16:27 GMT

DRIFTSTORM
he/him ✧ dawnclan warrior

”fishing sounds fun. i’ll be there.” the tom's ears twitched with glee. he wasn't the smoothest, but he was definitely doing something right if she wanted to see him again. driftstorm noticed her gaze wandered to the sky above, and began looking up as well. the fireflies that were once dancing above them had gone away, replaced with the pinky hue of sunrise. "wow, we've really been out here all night, haven't we?" without turning his muzzle, he glanced to his side to look at her again and smiled.

"it's a date- i mean- it's getting late!" he let out a pathetic laugh to cover up his embarrassment. he couldn't seem to get his words out tonight, could he? "a-anyways... i'm going to go catch something on my way back so my clan-mates don't think i've forgotten how to hunt. you should probably do the same." he rose to his paws and stretched. he couldn't bring admit it, but he had a great time talking with her. he hadn't felt this at ease in many moons. "or, you could roll around in some mud to hide the dawnclan stink. then, say you had a re-match with that swamp monster. i'm sure they'll fall for it." he lashed his tail at her playfully, then started to bound away.

"same time. night after the gathering. waterfall by the gathering place." he stopped and purred, "don't forget. bye, pinkfish."

notes;; sure! i can end with this if you wanna have the last reply
tags;;

✧✧✧
template by smith

she/they
EST time zone

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

tracker - plotter

Quick Reply

ALERTS

[ Alerts ]
●︎ Clans are reforming and are on high alert
●︎ The high water from melting has created a super green environment. Prey is rather plentiful
●︎ Water levels appear to be rising due the melting snow in Dawnclan
●︎ Weather is very warm, the snow and ice in Dawnclan is melting!
[ Rank Changes ]
●︎ A leader for Nightclan has been chosen! Congrats Skystar!
●︎ Thistletea has been appointed medicine cat of Oakclan

[ Deaths ]

WEATHER STATUS

[ Weather Status ]
The air is warm and and wet making it a bit hard to breathe. The hot weather is causing the snow to melt in Dawnclan territory. This is causing water levels to rise.

[ Prey Status ]
Prey is plentiful in all clans!

[ Herb Status ]
The rising water has hidden some herbs in Oakclan and Nightclan but water thriving plants seem to be growing in high abudance!

THE CLANS

Leader: Silverbane
Deputy: Reserved (Ameri)
Medicine Cat: Frostbite
Toms: 0 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Dawnclan Allegiances

Leader: Reserved (Kaz)
Deputy: Reserved (Wolfpool)
Medicine Cat: Thistletea
Toms: 1 She-cats: 0 Other: 0

Oakclan Allegiances

Leader: Skystar